Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 04:02 PM   #1  
gbo

Default What are you going to do for yourself the day tou reach your goal...

I am going to create a shopping fund and on that day I am informing my husband that this weekend we are going shopping!
I will jump in my cart and buy a new wardrobe,
I am having my hair done and dyes some really awsome color
(maybe purple LOL)
I am buying some beautiful negligue(not sure of the spelling) with marabo feathers all over it.
I am buying my favorite expensive perfume
I am having my nails done
I am having pictures made at Glamour Shots
I am going to the movies with my husband and sit comfortably.
I am going home and prepare to send pictures to everyone I know!
I am going to work in my community to bring no kill shelters for animals
I am going to take an active part in the betterment of our town
and............. I am going to thank God every day for his help and for all of you
Old 09-10-2001, 06:53 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

The only thing that i really want to do is walk down the street and have the guys look twice and thw women jelous, so I will wear a low cut pants and a shirt that shows off my belly and wear a pastey jewel in my belly button and strut mystuff down the street!!!

I may do more things but that is what i can think of now!
Old 09-10-2001, 10:39 PM   #3  

Default shameless

I have so many plans for this day that I would be here all night writing them down! Most importantly, I want to look in the mirror and say "Girl, you look hot, hot, hot"!!! And, secretly, I want to run in to that creepy ex and have him just stare in awe at what a fabulous, sexy woman he could've had! Then, be able to say, "sorry, you're too late"!

In 65lbs I'll be there!

Jenniwookie
265/245.5/180
Old 09-11-2001, 02:40 AM   #4  

I live near the Grand Canyon, and my goal is to hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, then back out again. I probably won't get that done the day I reach goal, but I can seriously plan for it then!

290/263/140
Old 09-11-2001, 05:36 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

THis is very hard for me. I rarely do anything for myself. Hence the long battle of weight. However I think it is very important. I think of that Jennie craig commercial. WHere the woman said that when she reached her goal she cried. I think that it would be something totally indulgent. A ME Day, A salon treatment. I don't know

Pat
Old 09-11-2001, 10:02 PM   #6  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Not to rain on anyone's parade here but why wait for the day you reach your goal to do some of these things? There are a lot of things that you can do now, you don't have to be skinny to do them.

Overweight women have manicures, nice clothes, lingerie and a lot of the other things listed here. I think it is a good idea to have something special in mind for that day but don't put your life on hold waiting for the scale to show a certain #. Live for today, who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Old 09-12-2001, 10:43 AM   #7  
hot mom wanna be!

Thumbs down

I have to agree with Jen, I was gonna say about the same thing she did. Don't put off taking good care of yourself like spa days or manicures or buying nice lingerie, etc. if you can afford it!!
No matter your size, you feel sexier wearing cuter underwear and taking care of your nails, makeup, etc...

I like the question though of what you will for yourself though..maybe take a cruise!! (but I am taking one in June if I am at goal or not!!)
good luck to us all!!

Lorelei
Old 09-13-2001, 04:00 PM   #8  
gbo

Sugars...I am southern after all..... Sugar, I totally believe in doing wonderful things for yourself just to feel good in your own skin no matter what your shape or size.Feeling like a woman through and through is so important...but Girls I am going to do it all at once a total makeover the day I reach my goal! I am Going to fredricks just once in my life and stun my dear Hubby!
I am going to make it a Holiday. I will have earned it!!!
Old 09-13-2001, 04:01 PM   #9  
gbo

HUMMMMMM, I wonder if I can find fireworks? LOL
Old 09-13-2001, 07:56 PM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I think that you will be making your own fireworks!!
Old 09-14-2001, 12:25 PM   #11  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

You know, I started a thread like this once and it died right away because someone said the same things that Jen and Loralei said.

Of course I do agree with you girls, and do things now to reward myself, but I don't want to get too comfortable here at 196 lbs... I might not want to leave!! This is why I make goals for myself when I am 130.

gbo~ I LOVE your shopping fund idea!! I'm thinking of putting in a $5 bill for every 5 I lose (and have lost), that way I will have $90 for sexy lingerie (after I get married) and maybe a dress!

Another thing I would like to do is to make a motivational website with before and after pictures in it... and some of the after pictures will be...

Glamour shots!! Or some professional photos taken of me and my fiance!

Hmm... I know I have more... I will come back and post later! Gotta exercise now!!!

By the end of today, I will be one day closer to my goal!!
Old 09-14-2001, 04:26 PM   #12  
gbo

Well, to plan ahead to create the picture to see it in your mind helps to make it real. The body follows the mind you know! Mine has followed oh so well...the thoughts of food and now it follows the again to joy. My friends I was not supposed to weigh until tomorrow so this is an unoffical thing that I am more shocked at than you can inmagine! I am om Thermo blast from body building .com and purely protein..... I started fully on the eighth so week one ......I have lost a total of 20 lbs. It will slow considerabley I know but what a start , that includes the five lbs I lost four days before I "Offically" started in earnest.
From the eighth I have lost.........15 lbs. I am just amazed!!!!!!!!!!
The marker is just in front of me that has stimied me all along the 315 mark. That 15 has blocked me so many times but it won't this time no matter how long it takes!!!!!!!
I "Offically started (in earnest) aat 333 lbs
I now weigh....................................318
when I first posted it was 338 and that makes 20. Now comes the hard work. I cook for my family but I don't clean up. Before it's cooked no real temtation but once cooked I run!!!!!!
I will not eat fruit and there are pears straight from our tree in my kitchen....oh how good they look! Still........I know that will stop me dead on my weight loss. It's just not worth it. I am off to make a big omelet, something different today and so tasty!
Old 09-14-2001, 04:31 PM   #13  
gbo

Wow 66 lbs left...I can't wait until I am so close to my goal. I have 213 lbs in total to lose but as of today it is 193 lbs left to lose.
Just a start but to cool to me!
Old 09-14-2001, 08:05 PM   #14  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hi! Great thread! I have made a few "short term goals" I am on the Atkins Plan and have taken off 32 pounds as of today! (Yippeeeee!) Once I reach a 50 pound loss....I am heading to the ice-cream parlor and rewarding myself with a double scoop toasted almond fudge ice cream sugar cone!

When the scale clicks to under 200......(You will know when it happens as you will DEFINATELY hear me scream from here in Pittsburgh, PA..regardless of where YOU are from! I am going to purchase one small bag each of plain, peanut, and almond M & M's....line them up in a lovely pattern and eat every one of them while NAKED!!!

When I get to goal...(I can not decide on a "number" yet as I am 5'9" and will be happy in a size 14 jeans-anything less than that will be a bonus)......when I do reach my goal......I will cry for one hundred reasons...both happy and sad.....and I will be ME again. Not this woman who has been wearing this fat suit that does not belong to her.

Thank you for sharing..and letting me vent. (Try the dream thread on this site...it is also very nice!) I hope we all get to our goals! I took my name 25 Hopeful because hubby and I will be taking a cruise for our 25th anniversary in September 2003 and I want to be maaaarvelous!
Old 09-18-2001, 01:36 AM   #15  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default Fat Suits...

25_HOPEFUL: you said something about being in a "fat suit" that made me think of something...

when all my excess weight is gone, i want to fill up a back pack with 90 pounds of something and carry it around for a little while just to remember what a struggle i have gone through...

i saw this great picture of Oprah at her goal weight pulling a little red wagon with a huge slab of red cow meat and bones.. i'm assuming it weighed what she lost.

~Nancy
Closed Thread