Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 12-26-2005, 01:42 PM   #1  
Mel

Default LWL #235 December 26 - Jan 1

If I counted right, this thread should take us into the new year! Woohooo!

I'm spending today moping around, trying to decide whether to try to walk away from the sugar and holiday food today, or stay on my path of destruction for the rest of the week. There are still a lot of goodies left! A few gifts went back this morning, other stores had such long lines that I gave up.

Cardio only for me today. I'm going to compress my usual 5 day split into 3 days this week, but do cardio every day.

Have a good one,
Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:26 PM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

"Walk on by..." la la la la la la!

I'm hitting the shops tomorrow! I'm scared! The sales start tomorrow (well the ones that haven't started today!). I don't want anything, I'm just meeting up with a friend but will probably end up spending lots of money!

Good run today (see last week's thread) and a good treck round shops tomorrow will keep me in shape! Lifting tomorrow when I figure out a new routine from my new xmas weightlifting book!

Hope everyone stays within reason this week and back with a vengance in the new year! :
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 04:32 PM   #3  
Working My Way Back Down

Well, I made it through Christmas eating fairly well. I did have cinnamon roll for breakfast, but no munching through the day, and a portioned controlled dinner. And the appetizers (or starters for our Brit friends ) contained a lot of shrimp - my very favorite, and low cal besides!

A niece who works for a place called www.mainecookies.com sent us a boxful! Fortunately I've only had one, and designated DH to have the rest. You can see her in the Jan Oprah magazine, btw, on page 126. She's carrying boxes in the rear of the photo.

I'm loving having a 3 day weekend. We went to the gym on Christmas Eve, and I have a date with a Cathy Smith tape this afternoon.

Rabbit, so glad you made through Christmas well. Keep up the good work!

Mel, STOP today!!

Last edited by WaterRat; 12-26-2005 at 08:33 PM.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:53 PM   #4  

Hi ladies! I wish I could say I did pretty well over Christmas, but I really didn't. One of Dh's coworkers gave them each a box of 3 POUNDS of chocolate, so now that is in the other room tempting me. My grandma makes the best peanut butter fudge, and that's normally my downfall. Yikes. I did make it to the gym for an hour today (30-40 minutes weights, 30 minutes cardio), so I feel a little better now, but still kinda down on myself for giving in and eating everything in sight!
hellcatjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 07:23 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Oh Mel, I hear ya, but I think we should listen to the wisdom of Pat and 2F and "Walk on by...." Dang it's been a difficult season for me... But I have been running every second day and my brother mentionned that I really looked thin on Christmas morning so I guess my feeling of bloatness didn't show... Today I made it in to the gym for the first time in 2 weeks!! I did a good leg workout, I know I will feel it tomorrow YAY...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:34 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

I had a wierd moment on Xmas day, I was looking in the mirror seeing my abs(ish) but feeling bloated like a whale! I was really surprised at how flat my stomach looked while I felt HUGE! I guess it didn't show! The inner fat girl's just in my head telling me I look like a whale!

Shopping today and weights tonight, then running again tomorrow
Old 12-27-2005, 07:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm walking . . .

. . . on by those treats!
Nothing noble on my part - I've certainly indulged in more than my fair share of "holiday eating" for the past 3 years!!!

Sounds like everyone has done well and you all continue to inspire me. I enjoyed one of the most peaceful and enjoyable holidays with my daughter. For the first time, the highlight of my days wasn't around food! (Although we had a feast on delicious Maryland crab cakes). The big difference in the eating I see here and what I've been doing is that everyone appears to be aware that the indulgence is a temporary thing and have definite plans to get back on track. (Pat, enjoy your date! I'm celebrating "happy hour" after work today with Leslie Sansone

Have a great day everyone,
Jean
Ready2BThinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:05 PM   #8  
Working My Way Back Down

Okay, fun's over - back to work today. Actually I like my job. It was just nice to be at home with no schedule and hanging out with DH. The gym is open today so I'll be back there tonight. I'm bracing myself for the New Year's onslaught next week...
Old 12-27-2005, 02:57 PM   #9  

Hello LWL. I introduced myself on last week's thread and then kind of disappeared for the rest of the week. I have had family down for Christmas (my mom who just had back surgery last week and needs lots of help & 6 yr old neice) and I did not do too well with eating over the holiday. I am basically coming off of a 6 day sugar high. To top that off, I somehow twisted my knee on Christmas so I could barely walk for 2 days. It's getting better but it is making it hard to exercise. Well, I am back on track with my eating and I did 45 min of upper body weight lifting this morning followed by 20 min on the elliptical (the only cardio I could do w/o hurting my knee - I usually run). I hope to feed all the leftover junk to DH or throw it away so it won't tempt me anymore. Although I kind of feel sick looking at junk food, so it really isn't tempting me.
AnVy1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:21 PM   #10  
aka Superwoman!

Hello Amy!

I've been shopping big time today! I mainly bought running gear but I got the sexiest little blue satin pencil skirt too! HUBBA HUBBA! Oh and I got ORANGE MITTENS which were really the highlight of my day!

Have been to BK for dinner but had a veggie burger with no gunk, so a virtuous 310kcals and 22g protein but very very far from "clean" Also managed to squeeze in a skinny hot chocolate and ANOTHER turkey dinner without going over calories

Off out on couch 2 5K again tomorrow in my new Stella McCartney running trousers (I'm sure I look like a lumpy seal in them... but they feel nice!). Lifting tomorrow too (arms are sore from carrying too much shopping today! )

Everyone - "walk on by" and "roll away the stone" and just MOVE IT!
Old 12-27-2005, 05:27 PM   #11  
Working My Way Back Down

Oh 2F what fun! DH gave me a GC for new workout clothes. Now I just have to shop for some!
Old 12-28-2005, 08:45 AM   #12  

Hi LWL,

Christmas is over but it's still very hectic around here. The kids are home for school holiday, and I'm off for work this week and the beginning of next week. We have a full program sceduled with lots of trips & sleeping over at friend, friends sleeping in here. And We'll go & visit friends as well over new year. In all this I still found the time to go shopping for a car the saturday before christmas and yesterday, and I bought a car!!! I never did this before and I'm still tired from all the driving, but i did it!! Thanks to my younger sister & her husband, who helped me all the way, but it is again a major step away from XH !!!

Now today I'll just try to relax. Foodwise I'm doing reasonabel, I almost had no time to eat yesterday, and probabely will be totally involved in sudoku puzzle for the rest of the day. DD wants to eat pea soup, which is good. NOt something I'll overeat on, but nourshiung and flavourfull. Down to earth stuff after the rich christmas days.

Have a nice day all,
oh, and Mel - If you are still out on sugar high.. Get back here!!! There's plenty of room on this wagon, and plenty of LWL around to give you a hand up or a push from behind!

rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:13 PM   #13  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rabbit
...a hand up or a push from behind!
I had a visual of myself being pull and pushed up into the LWL wagon ... I know it's NOT that funny, but it struck me as funny, I'm ok, I'm still on the runner's high I just came back from a great 7k run...

rabbit-- I had to google sudoku puzzle and I am trying to do a "kid" one, I'm not too good at it at all I use my eraser a LOT .... maybe I should exercise my brain more often!

As I said I just finished a 7k run it was really good, a girl from my running group called so instead of the gym I went running... Running burns a lot more calories anyways and that's what I need lately more than anything...

So let's get in here LWL and push and pull each other back onto the wagon
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:27 PM   #14  
Working My Way Back Down

Congrats on the new car, Rabbit! You're becoming quite the independent woman! It's a good thing.

Funny, another friend of mine emailed about her Christmas, and her presents included sudoku puzzle books. Must be the latest thing! I've tried a couple, but like you Ilene, I use the eraser a lot.

Had a good upper body workout last night - enough that my arms were protesting my brushing my hair this morning. DH is wanting us to learn to play raquetball, so my cardio may change, and become more, um, challenging? dangerous? Oh well, we're at the same level - total beginners.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:28 PM   #15  
aka Superwoman!

I'm already there, pulling you guys up!

Been for a run in Green Park/St James's Park today on the way to the Cabinet War Rooms and had a Subway for lunch Going to have Ilene's pancakes for dinner and perhaps a tiny naughty left-over (there's room for it!).

Not managed any lifting this week yet but plenty of running and general walking around the city and sightseeing and stuff!

: