Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 05:20 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #157!

Hello and Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!!

We love to have you join us and talk about our weight loss struggles and even about our daily lives.

So come on in and let's get to chattin'!!
Old 12-25-2005, 05:33 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon!!

I know it is Christmas but SOMEONE should post something. I will be the SOMEONE.

It is a lazy day here in Portland, with cloudy skies but not freezing cold like it had been. Thank goodness, I might get out and wash the car in a second.

Gaby and I opened her gifts from her father, the ones I kept, last night. There was a Dora pillow, Hello Kitty plate,cup,bowl and fork/spoon. Books and coloring book and some rubber duckies.That was nice for her and she enjoyed her kitchenware - lol - I don't know what else to call it.

We left the older girls last night around 6 pm and I didn't want to go home so we drove to my mothers to pick up her gifts. Gaby fell asleep in the car.....so after picking up the gifts I roamed the city and ended up passing by Mike's fathers house. I never mailed Mike's 8x10 or "grandpa's picture. I drove by and all the lights were off but the tv room. I didn't stop, I thought I better call first so I drove to the McDonalds up the street and someone was talking on the phone.
I thought if I could just put "grandpa's" envelope in the mail box, at least he would have it. So, I drove back and parked in front of his house. I told myself "stop being a wuss and just go knock on the door" , so I did.
Dogs started barking and I wanted to run......lol
Grandpa came from the tv room and turned on the outside light , blinded me. He opened the door and I explained I had a Christmas card with a picture of Gaby but didn't know his address.I gave it to him and said I also had a framed 8x10 that I wanted Mike to have but didn't want it lost in the mail, would he take it??
He said he hadn't seen Mike in 2 months. There was a legal thing where Mike couldn't even come to his house because of his ex wife's restraining order. That is one reason Mike hasn't seen Gaby because his fathers home isn't an option for visitation but he can still see her some place else, which he hasn't bothered to do.
Blah - blah......
I just said that I knew about that ........would he want to take the box and get it to Mike??
He said he would , so he took the box.He said thank you and he appreciated the card and picture. That was that, I said good bye and left.
Got home and put Gaby to bed. she woke up 2 hours later and I let her open her presents.
We woke up this morning with no power and quickly gathered some things and went to the ex's for a shower and breakfast.
Cooking dinner now and ran to the video store for Napoleon Dynamite and Duplex. My boss wanted me to watch Duplex,
Spoke with Rocky and he was spending the afternoon at Nana's with the family.

I guess that is it. I bought my scale and will start tomorrow getting serious about losing the extra pounds. Can't believe I have let myself go where it is either lose the weight or buy new clothes - lol sheesh.

ta ta
Old 12-26-2005, 12:27 PM   #3  

HI!
We had a nice Christmas Day yesterday. Went to DD's to see Chloe open all her presents, that was the best part of the day. Then we went to my sister's for the rest of the day. Things got a little tense about mid-afternoon with DH. He had forgotten to take all his medicine in the AM so DS ended up taking him home for a long nap.
I'm taking my mom to our Urgent Care in about an hour. Her shingles have really spread and are so painful despite all the antibiotics and pain pills. I bet she gets a shot of prednizone or something similar. I hope so, then she can start feeling better. She is really miserable.

Question: Has anyone tried the Body Flex Exercise Bar by Greer Childers? I keep seeing it advertised and I was wondering if it is worth the price. Since I have some health problems - besides my weight - the fact that you can do these exercises sitting down really interests me. Please let me know your opinions ASAP. Thanks so much.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas!

Connie
Old 12-26-2005, 02:54 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon!!

Had wonderful Christmas. Very relaxing! Didn't really go anywhere until 8:30 last night to take Jhanai home so she could open gifts w/her dad. James made a yummy ham dinner (no dessert!) and we just ate and enjoyed what we got.

James gave me an espresso machine for christmas and I think I drank too much yesterday trying it out!! I had three cups! (that equaled to 8 shots all together!) Never do that again!

Not really wanting to go to work tonight, wishing I had asked for this day off but what can a gal do but prepare for next year!

Wanting to get serious about my weight again. Actually, just really need to get the exercise in more! I had put that off for the last couple weeks and I'm ready to get going again. James bought me an MP3 Player so I can use that while I'm on my gazelle or out for walks/jogs!

I'm up for a challenge....more of a challenge against myself and trying to better my ways. So maybe we can start a new one soon! When do we want to start?? Right away or by the first? Let me know and I'll get the thread started!

Need to clean my living room up...looks like a tornado hit it!! (love it!)

Hugs to all and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
Old 12-26-2005, 03:47 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies!

Marti - you could probably start the challenge thread at any point. I personally am targeting the 11th of January as my dead-serious date. Katie will be settled in Florida, and Neal and l wil be back home. I don't think I can be mentally ready until then. But that's just 2 weeks from Wednesday. Yikes, how times flies!!

Susan - aww, that was sweet of you to stop by Grandpa's and give the picture to him. I'm so glad to know that you and Rocky are still so close.

Connie - hope things are going better for you today.

Katy - my first effort toward healthy eating has to be getting all the junk out of the house. Normally, there's none. Neal's brother brought a heaping plate of fudge, cookies, bourbon balls, etc. Plus, I made more goodies this year than I have for the past couple of years. Thankfully, Mary and Dale and the kids are willing recipients, lol.

Angie - your house sounds like so much fun!! About the sugar, join the club, hon. But we can all band together to get back on the wagon, ok?

Cristi - I'm so glad your son is home. How many more days do you have with him? About the jello, while I was losing, I often made sugar-free jello with fruit, and it really helped me stay OP. The first thing I need to do, as I mentioned to Katy is to get all this junk out of the house!!! After today, whatever's left is going in the trash can. I don't have a garbage disposal in this house, lol.

I had a very good Christmas, and hope you Jaded Ladies did, too. The DGDs made it so special since they still "believe". Neal's brother Paul stayed until past 10Pm and we had a good time remembering Christmases past in this old homeplace. I ate too much, plain and simple. I'm actually craving a salad, lol.

Now my thoughts have turned to New Year's Eve. We went out last year,
and Neal offered to do the same this year, but I just want to stay home. Katie is going to a party at her friend's house. So Neal and I are having a candlelight dinner here and then we'll be cuddling up to watch some movies. Then we'll toast in the new year together. Can't wait!!

Have a good day!!
Old 12-26-2005, 06:57 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon!

I am needing to start now on getting serious about losing weight. I was going to wait til New Years- but why?? Allowing myself another week of eating and not being able to get into my clothes! lol
I was wearing a perectly fine skirt a few weeks ago and it was a mini now!! My butt has gotten sooooo big - lol

I weighed this morning and it said 173! YIKES. I was thinking 168 - maybe. When I moved I lost one of the 4 rubber things that the scale sets on - so that is what stopped me from weighing these last 3 1/2 months. I would kind of place a towel underneath where the rubber piece should go but it would always give me a different weight.

I know when I moved I was 150, so 23 pounds in 3 months. UGH. I would like to see 140 again but will be happy with 145 and will settle for 150. Hey, I am all for making a deal -lol.

Doug helped me get a treadmill today. It is a beautiful Lifestyler, I never heard of that brand before. The lady bought it for $500 from Sears and sold it for $150. So, I will pay Doug back over 2 paychecks.

Now I can start walking again!! YAY. I loved my treadmill when I lived on the coast. It was the best time getting on it and walking for 3 miles. I was going to just start with 2 miles and work up from there.

Jane- I FINALLY found some other pictures I wanted Mike to have. I had stuck them behind a picture of Rachels. I was chaning her picture today and there was Gaby and her sister. I wanted Mike to have, they were taken this last summer. I am sure he would love a picture of the 2 girls.

Marti - YUM to espresso!! Maybe I will go buy myself a coffee machine so I can just sip some coffee in the AM and walk before I need to get ready for the day.

Connie - Sorry about your mother and the shingles - sounds painful. Bes to her.

better get!! I am making a big pot of turkey stew to take with me for lunches for the week.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:43 PM   #7  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Connie, I can just imagine how miserable you mom is feeling with them shingles. Monte's grandmother had them one year...ouch.

Susan, you don't have a coffee machine at all? That was really sweet of you to have done that with the pics. I personally don't know if i could be civil.

Marti,,,expresso,,,lol been there...I one time went to an auction for arts and they were also selling cheese cakes and expresso,,,choc dipped spoons,,,coffee. i tried it all and i remember laying in bed vibrating.
We just bought a new coffee maker,,same one we had on our holidays. Love it. Cuisinart or soemthing like that. We just bought a new toaster,,,finally. We had one that I got as a bridal gift,,alot of years ago. It was down to one slice out of four....lol
We got a couple of gift cards,,,so we bought that an a couple of small things.
Stocked piled on gift tags and cards at the boxing day sale. I worked early this morning then off to shop we went. monte had the day off which was so wonderful for him. Tanner is still in Sylvan. Brandon worked very early this morning.
Jane,,,ok so 2 weeks Wed. I think by then I should have my act together...Im just so been bad. My older borthers were home for christmas...that was so wonderful. A first in 7 years...and that was for 10 minutes,,,before that,,,Brandon was 2 weeks old. He works for a film company,,,carpenter. And hes busy working,,building,,or traveling. He looked old..I of course still look 18...lol

Cristi...I still make jello here...the kids love it,,,as long as its not yellow Im cool. I used to make a salad...with green that was really tasty...(which i didn't think it would be when I first saw it)
If ever you want to make it interesting,,,use vodka instead of water...lol And use them lil drinking paper cups.

I got the Walking the Line CD. I really am impressed with Reece Witherspoon's voice. And the movie Madacascar. Hilarous.
So let the challenge start,,,i got an exercise bike.
Of course right now Im eating my toblerone that was in my stocking...big talk...lol

I would have to say this was one of them christmas' that will go down as our most favorite.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:20 AM   #8  
RosieKate

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas...we sure did. Kids have more stuff than they know what to do with They get indulged by their GPs, but we keep things modest otherwise. My DH gave me a heating pad for the bed...yay no more cold piggies! My IL's gave me lots of knitting books and paraphernalia, so I am now figuring out all the projects I am going to work on. My kids bought me the Johnny Cash boxed set, so I am set for music. Now I can lay in my nice warm bed and knit while listening to "Ring of Fire" . Sigh ....wonderful.

Gotta get to the gym, so I'll have to come back for individuals later, but I just wanted to say I can start a challenge anytime the thread goes up. I am going to record all my calories everyday....and post them (gulp) So a 21 day challenge is a good place to do that I figure. I will shoot for 1500 cals a day, but the big thing for me is getting them all written down. When I stick to that, I do a good job with my food choices.

Later!

Old 12-27-2005, 10:43 AM   #9  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!!

No, I have never had a coffee machine since ..........,,I don't know years Angie. I bought a 4 cuper for 17.99 at Mervyns and some Natural Soul shoes down from 45.00 to 17.99!! Thank goodness my old shoes had holes in them. I wore the heck out of those things.

I made some coffee and it didn't tatse the same as Starbucks - even though it was Starbucks brand. I walked 1 mile in 20 minutes on the treadmill, it recorded 105 calories burned but I was more interested in the distance. I will walk another mile (maybe 2??) tonight. I was sweating - so sad....lol --out of shape!

Drinking lots of water and I have to go now!! What a pain and I have a headache....and no co worker this week so have to be on the ball!! Need to get a report in so chat later!!

Admire that you can make the gym Katy!! I like the privacy of my home, makes it easier to make a fool of myself. Gaby is sooo cute. She wanted me to walk last night so I did - she got on the couch and watched me - smiled and was twirling her hair - she is so sweet. lol
Old 12-27-2005, 12:25 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Susan - I've heard of a Lifestyler treadmill and think they're a good one. I miss my treadmill, it was my favorite type of "machine" exercise. I'd rather just play volleyball, lol. Glad you found the pictures. Turkey stew sounds good.

Angie - so glad you and your brothers got to spend some time together. My son saw Walk the Line and loved it. He's a big Johnny Cash fan.

Katy - I used to write down everything I ate everyday, no matter what, but got lazy about it, thinking I could do it in my head. And I truly think that's a big part of what made me slip up, since it's so easy to not follow a plan that isn't written down.

Need to go shopping for groceries today. Also, I dropped my discman and broke it, so that's on my list, too.

I'll be in Evansville tomorrow with Neal. We're going to the gambling boat for a little while, then we're going to pick up his great-nephew Zane to come and stay with us for a few days.

Take care and have a good day!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:26 PM   #11  
ugggg.....

Just checking in during lunch at work...lots of people off for the holidays. We are tight anyway and when there are people off especially at year end it is a nightmare for me!!! Trying not to stress eat.....
Did ok over the holidays--I usually weigh once a week on Tuesdays but haven't got to check yet...kind of worried...
My mom and kids were over on Christmas. It was so nice. I think it was the first holiday without a child actually living in the house that had me in such a "funk". DD & her minature doberman/chiuaua (spelling?) moved in with DS and his cat after her DH left her. It's closer to school & he needed a roomate.
I am not feeling so depressed. I am signing up for a knitting class and continuing to go to the Slim-N-Tone.
Quick question..How does the challenge work?? I need something to get me going again....
Old 12-27-2005, 04:27 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies~

Sorry, just a quickie from me for now...I've spent too much time catching up reading all the posts and e-mails. So will be back tomorrow to do individuals...oops, umm, Thursday. Tomorrow I have a very busy day starting with a trip to the ear doc with Carrie, then off to get portraits with Josh before he leaves. He said he would do it but that I could never take another picture of him again... yeah, right! They didn't take a pic in his uniform so he is doing that for me tomorrow. And V and I will also get our annual pic taken, a little late...but better late than never. Maybe do a Happy New Year portrait...then we are off to lunch and the mall to top it off!

Christmas was a blast, or should I say Christmas Eve? Actually, both days were really nice. Christmas day we decided to go to catch a movie at the theatre. I was really surprised at how many people had the same idea! Saw something that Josh wanted to see which was The Ringer. He thought it was dumb and it was a little but I seemed to have laughed the whole way through. Guess I have a warped sense of humor? Anyway, couldn't have asked for a more perfect two days.

Anyway, gotta run but will be back in a couple of days. Take care ladies and enjoy the day!
Old 12-27-2005, 05:53 PM   #13  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good day ladies...

the ringer? Cristi, never heard of that one,,,who is in it? I just got a card with a friends lil girls pic in it...really nice and it was done at Walmart so I will be taking both boys eventually.

Jules, i don't know what the rules are...PLEASE someone make some rules up! Not Susan though who knows what she have us doing...lol

Katy, I love my soundtrack of Walk the Line,,,but admit I don't care for that one song,,,Ring of Fire,,,I saw it on a blooper and it ruined it for me.
Ive been crochetting a scarf for days now,,,more then halfway done when I realized I missed a stitch near the bottom...so I started over...everyone was freaking..Im like who cares? Im in no rush. Thinking Im going to do a single stitch in funky white fur around the edges. Its choc brown, nothing fancy just double stitched,,,only 12 stitches wide.

Well Im going to go crash,,,been reading JD Robb's Survivor in Death.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:07 PM   #14  
ugggg.....

Angie--I took a one day "learn to knit" class at AC Moore--I was making scarves out the ....and then summer came I got too busy and then I recently picked back up on a light blue scarf with silver threads for my DD, even was using the big needles to make it loopy like she likes it....got to the end and forgot how to cast off and had to start all over again. I am paying for a longer class this time and will keep it up so I don't forget everything. A girl at work jogged my memory, but I truly only can do a knit stitch since it was all that was taught.. I read JD Robb's Orgin in Death--I think it is the second part to the one you are reading.

I got two new books..Catherine Coulter's Point Blank (awesome as usual) and Mary Higgins Clark's There's No Place like Home. Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane still up there among the best books I read this year..

Burning Ring of Fire makes me laugh. I watched June talking about it and it truly was an expression of the love that she felt for Johnny but DH and DS have ruined it for me...the next morning after they have binged on hot & spicy...that's the song they sing....burn, burn, burn...burning ring of fire--you get the picture...

Cristi - my son mentioned that movie too. He also wants to see the new horror movie that's out--Wolf Creek or something like that and the new Jim Carrey movie Fun with Dick and Jane. I might go with him to see that one since it looks reaqlly funny. I kind of want to see Rumor Has It with Jennifer Anniston

Jane--the gambling boat sounds fun....My DD and I ended up at my SIL's house and we talked until 1:00 AM on Christmas Eve, Dd had a great time with her cousin between school and work neither of them have much time to themselves. DD,DS and my mom came over Christmas Day and it was another good day..

Susan--yeah for you and the water..I told my DH to not let me buy any Coke except diet ones...I have drank way to much over the holidays--I need to drink more water...

Katy--I do better if I write everything down too. I do best when I plan everything on grocery day and only buy what's on the plan and don't let DH talk me into going to Pizza Hut for the lunch buffet.....

Marti--If I drank that much expresso I'd be bouncing off the walls!!!

Connie--so sorry about your Mom, both my brother and a favorite co-worker had them last year...neither of them got them on their faces, but they both took awhile to get over it. My coworker lives alone so I told people around the office that I was making her chicken noodle soup and if they wanted to add anything I would take it. She is so loved, besides my soup, someone baked bread, another made muffins, there was a casserole, crackers, some homemade cookies and gingerale. She was so touched, she has the biggest heart and would do anything for anyone-it was nice to give it back to her.

Last edited by jules1216; 12-27-2005 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:38 PM   #15  
RosieKate

Hi all
Back for some individuals. I have this symantec window that keeps popping up on my computer and its driving me crazy..so this may be short and sweet.

Jules
- I just read a really favorable review of Wolf Creek - its Australian, and the actor who plays the baddie in it is supposed to be just brilliant. I think I'm too chicken to see it in the theatres. Hey - I'm a knitter, too. I started this http://www.helloyarn.com/wp/?p=252 today..I'm almost through the first row of skulls. Keep it up, knitting is very addictive once you get through the first few projects and learn some basics.
As far as the challenge goes, the last time we did one, it was a 21 day challenge thread. You pick some behavior you want to change and try to do it every day for 21 days. We had a thread where you could check in. When you finish one, you can start over, or start a new one. I like it because people can set their own challenges...but I am up for any new ideas as well. Just want to get it in gear, you know?

Angie - your scarf sounds really pretty; I like choc. brown. I have a jones for the original Man in Black, so that's why I got the boxed set. I have been impressed by the fact that Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon did their own singing in the movie, so I want to hear the soundtrack someday.

Cristi - Sounds like you are having a great time - enjoy your portrait sitting - do we get to see the finished product?

Jane - have fun gambling I used to write everything down, too. It really does make a huge difference in my food choices and portion control. I just need to get back on track. Have managed to maintain over the holidays, but need to bust through this very stubborn plateau I've been in for months.

Susan - I think it's great that you have a treadmill now...I wish I had room for one. I've gotten used to getting up and getting down to the community center; but it took a long time before I could arrange my life so I could sneak out to do it. It seems to be the best way to consistently get the workouts in, for me at any rate. Now that you have that treadmill, I bet you start seeing some losses pretty soon.

My day has been pretty ho-hum. The guys worked on the house all day. They are working on duct work and insulation. My DD has a cold, so she futzed around and took a nap. DS had a friend over, so I manage to get in alot of knitting on the pirate cap. Now I need to clean up the dishes from dinner. I plan on turning in early; I am reading Truman and I am just at the point where he's about to order the atomic bomb to be dropped on Hiroshima. It's a real page turner. I'm learning so much about this president... I highly recommend the book - it's very well written. Author is David McCullough.

Nighty-Night ladies!

Closed Thread