Thread: I Worry.....
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 09:38 PM   #3
penpal
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

You are YOUNG at 40! I am 56 and have only seriously been doing something about my excess weight for the past six months or so and have been working out at Curves for 2 years. I started at a similar weight as you and have about the same goal.

Here are some progress photos I posted on another thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...60#post1046460

Even though I still have a long way to go I feel SO much better and have a lot more energy.

You WILL feel better, both physically and mentally once you commit to a lifestyle change (not a "diet"). Just start out with a little exercise and cut back on your portions and you will see results. I found I can lose weight steadily on 1500 - 1600 calories per day, but everyone is different as to how many calories they can eat and still lose weight. Slow but sure works for me and I don't feel deprived as I eat small portions of my favorite high calorie foods almost every day.

You may want to consider keeping a food diary for a while, so that you can see what you are actually eating.

You CAN do it!

Thanksgiving Goal
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote