Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-20-2005, 11:08 PM   #1  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Default Indulge day

Well, today was my indulge day. No, I didn't buy new outfit or shoes. I ate without counting calories today. My sister made some MOngolian food, and I haven't had it for so long. It was so good. It was beef and rice noodles fried and steamed rice on the side. I also had some choco pie, it is actually korean desert. We have it back home, but I found a store that sell it here. I used to feel so bad for overeating, but I come to realize that I am human and there are times I will have that day. So, I decided not to beat myself over it. I will workout tomorrow as usual and will go back to my healthy eating. And no time I will go back to where I was.

tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:14 PM   #2  
LLV

Don't beat yourself up. Enjoy your day and put it behind you
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:15 PM   #3  

Default Cheat day!

I do the same thing. Tomorrow....Wednesday...I eat without counting calories to relieve myself a little from all the stress of eating healthier and counting all of what I eat. It has worked...since I so far have lost 50 pounds.
Whatever works for you, then it is all right. I usually have a McDonalds deluxe breakfast, a venti frappuccino, and for dinner, a low fat entree with an alcoholic drink. I don't go overboard....but I try to have more things that I do not have throughout the week and that I crave.

24 pounds to goal.
Psychego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:19 PM   #4  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Good for you! I hope you enoyed all that good food. We all need a day off now and then.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 12:34 AM   #5  

I have a cheat meal once a week. I dont' go overboard on it but it really helps me get through the rest of the week!
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:33 AM   #6  
iwillmakeit

I feel like may be I went overboard today, but its alright. I will put today behind and move on and keep working hard to meet my goal. Its been long time since I ate without counting and without any worries. And may be that is making me feel that I overate!!! Anyways, I am glad to hear from you ladies.

Old 12-21-2005, 09:30 AM   #7  

Having a cheat day can backfire and become a cheat week, cheat month etc. Why couldn't you just have a small portion of each dish. That last bite tasted the same as the first!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 09:37 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA
Why couldn't you just have a small portion of each dish. That last bite tasted the same as the first!
Actually, I find the first bite the most enjoyable and it is downhill from there.
RobertW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:11 AM   #9  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Joy
I have a cheat meal once a week. I dont' go overboard on it but it really helps me get through the rest of the week!
Same here. Sunday dinner. I eat what I want and as much as I want and I usually always have dessert as well
Old 12-21-2005, 10:48 AM   #10  
A Slightly Cracked Egg

S/C/G: 211.4/211.4/130

Height: 5'4"

I didn't intend to start out as a cheat day, but given the way it's going, I think I'm just gonna chalk it up to one. My friend stopped by and cooked breakfast, then I just had to do Starbucks (I just looked it up, one caramel apple cider and one cheese danish = 900+ calories...*sob*)...going out to lunch too....ouch. And dinner not planned.

I am going to the store today as well -- so after an indulgence day I can at least make sure I have my healthy stuff back in the house and get back on track tomorrow.
FL_Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:41 AM   #11  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Chickie
I didn't intend to start out as a cheat day
A little 'rule' I go by - I never look at eating extra foods or grabbing treats as "cheats". My Sunday dinner isn't a "cheat meal", it's simply part of my lifestyle. When I eat pizza or something, I never consider it cheating. I just count it in with my calories and forget about it
Old 12-21-2005, 11:42 AM   #12  
LLV

And hey, everyone needs an indulgence day. One day isn't going to ruin everything. You enjoy yourself, you hear?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:10 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
A little 'rule' I go by - I never look at eating extra foods or grabbing treats as "cheats". My Sunday dinner isn't a "cheat meal", it's simply part of my lifestyle. When I eat pizza or something, I never consider it cheating. I just count it in with my calories and forget about it
I'm with you - this has worked really well for me too. Nothing is forbidden, but everything gets counted. One slice of pizza isn't going to put me way over my calorie count for the day, especially when I write down that I ate it, and eat lighter the rest of the day. But eating three slices will put me over my calorie range for the day, and it unless it's really worth it, I'd rather stay in balance. Staying conscious is the key - when given the choice I'll always choose the one slice of pizza and its calories over three slices and its calories. The problem is, when I'm mindless about it and don't make the "choice" I still suffer the consequences. I'd rather stay in control.
Hibiscus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:18 PM   #14  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscus8
I'm with you - this has worked really well for me too. Nothing is forbidden, but everything gets counted.
Exactly

I don't believe in deprivation and I don't believe in beating myself up over one or two pieces of pizza. Pizza isn't cheating, it's part of life!

lol
Old 12-21-2005, 03:00 PM   #15  
iwillmakeit

I don't believe in deprivation and I don't believe in beating myself up over one or two pieces of pizza. Pizza isn't cheating, it's part of life!

I like to the way youj think. Its just something I need to learn how to. I always and often deprive myself, and it seems to me that it is my problem for over splurging once I do it. I always look at it as an cheat meal and will say to myself I am not going to eat a pizza for a while so lets have some more... etc. I know that deep down that its life and I will have slice of pizza or two here and there. Well, I just wanted to say that I need to adjust to think of it is a part of life.