Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2001, 04:30 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Low carb support club

Hi, welcome to all lurkers and regular posters.

This is a place to offer each other and ourselves support as we pursue a low carb woe.
Plenty of room on the bus.
All ABOARD!!!
PAT
Old 09-08-2001, 06:02 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

Good Sat morning all,
Well feeling a little less medicine head. Thinking a little clearer today.
Can't wait to retuen to work as it is so much easier to stay Op when the routine is the same. Still having trouble keeping up w/ the water. Picked up the pace last night then made several trips to the bathroom in the night. I had some unplanned carbs yesterday via an IV LOL. Nothing I could do about it though then a regular ginger ale atht I had to drink so they would let me go home. So I was off balence all day w/ peaks and vallies .

Somkeone save me from talking to myself between now and when I check back in.

have a great low carb day

Pat
Old 09-08-2001, 06:44 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I hope that you have not checked in yet as i am here and trying to post. i have had my parents come down for a visit from albany and they came about 10 min after i got back from exercisisng. aand they left and had to take dh out for boots. I was taken out for lunch at the ponderosa and ate....OP all the way!!! This bus has great seatbelts. I am ready to take on the world. I have a new beginning ahead of me and my life is readty for it. I was stalking to a psychic (whis was why i did not get here last night)and she said that i would loose another 24 lbs and that would bring me down to uhhh i was 177 that mrning so it would be to 153 that sound really close to goal as my lbm is about 130-132 so that would be at 15% bf and that is goal!!!! and she told me many more things that was great news. so I am happy!!!

an idea is to have everybody PM one person their email addy the form an email club and anybody that is lurking can still join is. I have found that they petter out quickly and i do not want this one to do that, and it is hard to get and post replies to all as the time frame is different, sso actuslly i preferr this way even if it is slow at times it is here and really will help each other.
Old 09-08-2001, 11:49 PM   #4  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello! ON PLAN..that IS the PLAN!!! Went to the "Irish Festival" and the Pirate Game at PNC Park today. (I am from Pittsburgh for those who don't know.) Managed to stay ON plan by passing up the IRISH stuff like potatoes, stew and shepards pie and instead going for some spare ribs which were GREAT! (Um, no BEER either) The Pirates won so the day was a total success! Walking is easier also with the 31 pounds off! Sheesh......why did I EVER put this stupid weight on in the first place......and why does it like me so much?????? I want RID of it!!!!

Anyway....stay on plan all. Just keep telling yourself how MARVELOUS you will look NEXT summer.
Old 09-09-2001, 06:30 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

Good Morning All

How are we doing?

Joanne, Terri, Paula, Michelle How are you all doing?

Still on th ebus?

Dana Nice to see you are doing so well, certainly a great example of how being OP feels and the positive results of making better choices of what we put in our mouths. Sounds like you had a good time.
Sue I can feel your energy!!!! It is great that you are realizing that as one door closes another one is opening!! Some peopel just get stuck in teh hallway!!
iam OK, my gym re-opens tomorrow. Thank GOD
Take care
Pat
Old 09-09-2001, 10:31 AM   #6  

Default GOOD MORNING

HELLO I am still on the bus!!!!! have been busy cleaning this weekend as I had garage sale all last weekend and didnt get weekly stuff done....also we love college football and well, sat..was kickoff for our favorites so we watched alot of football games....

TOMORROW is weigh in for me and 1 week down on induction.one more week.....I know I am not getting in my water so that will be my goal for today....

EVERYONE STAY OP and I will check in sometime tomorrow or Tues.....
Old 09-09-2001, 01:31 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

Terri would you bee a cheese head??? (packerss fan) You sound just great like you are really gettingthings toghether. and 25 is right being OP is the onlyu way to go. I feel so good that i am doing something for my self and for me. whoooo hoooo drink atleast 1 oz for every 2 lba that you are. that will really help get the fat washed away!!!

Dana I can not believe your resolve to get that fat off. I am sooo proud of you buddy!!! you will be up next to me in the wweight loss dept before long !

Pat i honestly was thinking of looking for other employment before this happened. I was expecting this to happen for wuite a while and there is now things that i can go for that will get me going the right direction. I am ready it will be a hard road for a while as i will have to scrimp and pinch pennies but i know that i can do it!!! I will survive and comeout the better for it!! I know I will just as i know that i will lose this weight and it will (and has) been a long and hard road but i wll get there. i just need to hve the faith that god will provide and that i am strong and can do it!!!

We will all have to get together next summer and wear bikinis to the beach!!!

We may have to help Terri get to us as she is the farthest away but we can and will do it!!!
Old 09-09-2001, 02:47 PM   #8  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello all! Hot and gorgeous here in Pittsburgh so I am, gonna hit the deck to get a little "color" on this pasty white body!

nasus.......Honestly! I would like to take a knife and cut the fat off..but since that is not possible...I depend on the Atkins plan and water! I can't wait to get to goal. (If my calculations are correct.....it will take me about a year.) A bikini would be GREAT! Right now I will not even wear "sleevless shirts" with my Popeye arms!

terri.....glad you are still here! (I was a bit woried about you!) I weigh in once per week ..(on Fridays) You WILL lose on this plan..(on ALL Low Carb plans if you STICK with them.) But...NEVER get discouraged because it comes off in SPURTS! I will lose 1, 1, 1 and then BOOM - 3. As long as the scale is going in the LEFT direction....it is all good! I have taken off 31 since June 15 on this plan. I am NOT starving and I never felt better. Plan and stay on plan. It will come off, babe!

fralick....... Hit that gym girl! (I have not been exercising as I should. No excuse NOT to....I keep recommitting to MOVE MY BUTT...but then....the day is gone and well, you know.) I MUST get moving! Keep going!

To all you lurkers and bus riders..please let us now how you are doing. I will check in tomorrow. (Gonna go enjoy some sunshine!)

Last edited by 25_HOPEFUL; 09-09-2001 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2001, 02:51 PM   #9  

Default BACK AGAIN

Sue.....Im not a real cheesehead but I do root for GreenBay as my mom lived there for a little while and we still had relatives there so we root for them ......they are playing our Detroit Lions today and whooping on them real bad..hopefully Lions will have a turn around year...

but we really get into the College football...we are big Michigan State fans....hence the Go Green.....(we also love college basketball and have been to the final four for past 3 years)....

yes, things are looking better with hubby, he is going back to work for 2 - 4 hrs a day this week....hope to have him back fulltime soon ( not just for his sanity but mine too..

OH YEA one more thing..... BELIEVE ME, YOU WONT HAVE TO HELP ME GET WHERE YOU ALL ARE FOR BEACH ....IF I CAN ACTUALLY WEAR A BIKINI NEXT SUMMER I WILL BE HITTING ALL THE BEACHES HEHEHE
Old 09-09-2001, 04:56 PM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

Thumbs down Whooo Terri

I sure can see you wearing the bikini. mine is going to be very skimpy!!! i will have a bod to go with it. too I am so excited I will get to goal this year if it kills my gut(the area where i am concentrating right now i am hitting that almost every time i go) I will be looking forward to seeing you guys at the beach!!! Oh i get it green bay is in wisconcin duhhh i may be a bit slow here. Glad to see that DH is getting better, and getting out of your hair. he he he.

Dana are you hitting the gym??? i knew that you were weight training at one time. I know that pat is doing it to, but as winter is comming so quickly the gym is the only way to go now. as i do not get the extra umph in my exercises I am so glad that i have OZZIE my cabanaa boy!!! he sure gets the umph back in my exercises. you may want to try some thing like that. did you check out the body for life?? the before and after picts are so inspirational that i could not resist doing it. I will say that i would not be where i am now if it was not for that. i follow my diet plan but his motivation to exercise is absolutly phenominal. if you want i can send you the book that i have as i have OZZIE now, i do not need the book. but exercising very much my goal weight was 130 it is now changed as i have 130 lbs in muscles to have 15% body fat which is very good better that good (22%) i will be 153 lbs about, and that brings my goal to within 30 lbs.I will be about a size 10 maybe bur i will have a killer body!!! and that is where i am going. I want to have my belly button showing with a sparckely jewel in it when I walk down the street next summer. HECK I will do it at christmass if i get down there by then!!!

Lee are you out there??? I have been looking for you. I hope that you are ok! Michelle???? who else i do not want to miss anybody.

Pat i know that you are there, i just want to say that i am so glad that you are hitting the gym. I will be happy to help answer any questions that you have. just be patient it will take a while beforeyou see great results but you will see then and you will feel them first, the scale will not move very quickly as the muscle that you are building will weight more than the fat but things will staret to shift and you will see slight changes first before the scale moves. and remember to drink water and more water.

Lets go girls!!! and any one lurking just pop in and say hi. we love new buddies.
Old 09-09-2001, 06:53 PM   #11  

Default Just a quick "Hello".

Hi!

Sorry for not posting in a few days. It's been EXTREMELY HECTIC. Work, home, shopping, work-at-home, fall cleaning, etc.

Just wanted to let you all know I'm still here.

I WI tomorrow. Will advise.

Old 09-09-2001, 08:03 PM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

Joanne ai am sorry that i forgot you. glad that you stoped in. check in tomorow and let us know how the weigh in went.
Old 09-09-2001, 08:31 PM   #13  
Work in Progress

I want belly ring TOO.......

I will be 39 in Dec. and want to be at my goal weight by the time I am 40. And I am going to wear crop tops to show off my abs!!!

I want to say "I am 40 yrs old and I am in teh best shape ever"

I was very OP today. Went to a stressful family gathering and DH and I ate our salads and ate no cake!!!!

We were both complimented on our weight loss

That's always nice.

I can go to the Gym tomorrow!!!!

I am so glad to see that peopel checked in, I was very lonely yesterday . I figured the lurkers would probaly take bets on how long I was going to answer myself '

Terri and Joanne

Sue - you have been very busy. I see your new posts allover.
I love the enthusasm It radiates off my monitor

Dana- How was the sun? Yes a bikini to match my belly ring!!

Terri _ so your husband's surgery was a success finally? I am glad he is making progress

Alright girls See you tomorrow

pat
Old 09-10-2001, 07:03 AM   #14  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Happy Monday! I need to hit the grocery store today to get lots of on plan goodies!

fralick....So nice to hear that people notice your and hubby's weight loss. Even after 31 pounds gone from my "bod" I still get, "Your new HAIRCUT makes you look 10 years younger!" (I did get 3 inches cut off my hair and it is now shoulder length, but it does not look THAT much different. It is the weight loss that has changed my appearance a bit...but I take the compliment anyway!

jdoneil.......ME WAS WORRIED ABOUT YOU! Glad to see you ckecked in! How is it going? What did that scale have to say?

terri..glad to hear hubby is doing better? Have you been able to get any ME time in? Very important you know! How is the weight loss coming?

nasus......OK, OK, OK, OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKK!! I am calling the local YMCA today...TODAY...to find out the cost and see if I can fit it into my budget! I need a kick in the butt to get me moving. I still get excersise in...but not enough! Wish we were neighbors so I could share your personal trainer! I did look at the website for that program...WOW! I would settle for a little less "jiggle" when I walk and wave to friends....let alone the cut bodies of those folks. I will let you know my plans! (I can hear you yelling..MOVE YOUR BUTT GIRL!!!!...Thanks, I need the motivation to MOVE!) PS..How is the job thing going?

Well...hello to any lurkers out there. Get on the bus! We are a great group of girls setting our sights on permanent BEAUTIFUL bodies to go with our dazzling personalities! ( SHUCKS! )

Old 09-10-2001, 07:23 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

Dana did I push hard enough???? I had to laugh when i read your reply. I can not tell you how good it feels to get out there and do it. I love the way it is shaping my body, and after 41 years of ingnoring it the old bod is starting to respond and respond good. I think that i am going to sign up for another BFL challenge for this year. I have to do this it means so much to me to get to goal. WE can and WE will do it!!

Pat I will stand by and hold your hand while we get the ring done together. we will meet at the carocell mall and do it at the same time You are really doing great with the exercising. i know that you will be flat abs with me and dana (did you notice that she did not say that she wanted the bellyring? ) I will say that i was trying to see how long you posted to your self!! Way to go with the complements. is sure makes all the hard work worh everybit of it!! whooo hoooo you sexy thing!!

Terri checking in to see how things are going. first day back to work for DH was it as good as you thought that it was??? I hope so. i know that i can not stand to have my dh home for more that a day he gets to grumpy. staying OP??? just checking in. I think that i cam gong to make a challenge like i did of rthe low ccarb forum for us and post it. as a new thread for us so we can feel motivated. many people are respoonding to it wonderfully and it would really help us here .

Joanne I'm looking for you??? i know how it is to be busy. but soon i will have tons fo time till i fgind a new job!!! but i will survive and get a new and better job because that is what i will do!!! so girl come in when you have a chance that is all we ask but we do want you to stay OP so you can get your belly pierced too with me and pat and ???terri while dana watches!!!
Closed Thread