Old 12-19-2005, 05:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 562.3/404/195

Height: 6'3"

Default Funny mental image :)

When I first started losing weight, I would try and visualize the weight I had lost. The first 5 pounds, I thought of a bag of sugar. When I had lost 25 pounds, I thought about a 25# bag of dog food. I used to bring those in from the store when we had a large dog. I would imagine carrying that 25# bag on my shoulder all day long and how good it was not to have to carry it around. I got to thinking about that the other day. LOL man, I would have to carry 10 of those plus some these days. I think I am going to go to some feed store and take a picture of me standing next to 10 25# sacks of feed and post it on my refrigerator for those days when I need a little extra motivation.

I wish you all the best.
Charles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 05:09 PM   #2  
one pound at a time

I know how you feel, my son weighs the same as what I've lost....so every time I pick him up it's a reminder of how much....I think I've even lost more than what he weighs. Feels good
unheardkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 06:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Nice image! I'd be carting around 2 of those bags!

I like the little message ON the bags: "Lifelong health"!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:44 PM   #4  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

That's the food we buy our Emma...I can't imagine toting all those around since just one gets me! Great visual, Charles.

What's ironic about my hubby's weight loss is that his back injury left him with a max 40-pound weight limit for lifting. He would not be able to lift what he's lost: 243 pounds. Wild, eh?
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:02 AM   #5  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

How bizarre that you posted this today! I was JUST realizing that I've lost more than a giant box of Costco cat litter today (they're 30 pounds). Those things are SOLID and HEAVY and I hate/loathe/abhor carrying them in the house and down the stairs to the litter box area. To think that I've lost one of them....no WONDER my feet hurt all the time! I'm already noticing an improvement. And to think I'll lose a couple more!

For the short term goals, I've been visualizing duraflame logs (5 pounders). If only our weight loss resulted in the same loss of MASS though...ahhhh......
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:27 AM   #6  
One pound at a time...

Sort of along the same topic, I remember when I used to go to Weight Watchers, one of the leaders used to have an actual to scale (look and feel) of one pound of body fat. She always used to show any one who has not feeling motivated after only losing one pound. To visually see what one pound of fat looks like really motivated you.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

wow that is a great visual.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote