Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 07:36 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight loss and Chit Chat #156

to the Jaded Ladies site.

We're a friendly group that provides support in our weight loss journey, and we also share the ups and downs of our daily lives. Please pull up a chair and join us.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:41 PM   #2  
I wanna be a page 5 girl

Jane, how did Neal's last day go?

EM
Old 12-18-2005, 08:49 AM   #3  
RosieKate

EM- Thanks for sharing your birth pix - I think water birth is very cool, and you did such a great job. Your DH looks like he was a wonderful coach. As I mentioned before, My DS was 10 lb; had he been smaller, I would have gone for that. My friends that have had natural births all say "No biggie" when the babies are 6-7 lb range or are their second go-round. Well, the stories change when the babies start popping out 9 lbs and over! About the boobage; I also had a rather revealing photo taken of me nursing my DD right after she was born...it ended up being shown at a party with all the other photos; which were more demure, I must say. How'd that sneak in there, lol!

Marti - thank you for the card! Hope all your shopping is going well. Does your family have some plans for Jhanai's winter break?

Susan - went to Alpenrose yesterday and we absolutely FROZE. Cannot believe how cold it is....we aren't supposed to get this cold. Had to shed a little tear, my son told me he was "too old" to get a picture with Santa...waaah

Pop-ups - grrrr I have a pop-up blocker, too, but a few of them are getting through since the upgrade. My pop-up blocker is through microsoft, so maybe if I download the current windows update, things will improve. Other than that, I know google also has a pop-up blocker you can download from its website, for anyone who is interested.

Well, our last bit of wiring was finished yesterday, so we have an inspection scheduled for Monday morning, then we can insulate! As mentioned, Portland is very cold right now - much colder than we are used to (such a sissy here) and we are very drafty due to the fact that one third of our house is down to concrete and studs. Brrr. Hopefully some insulation will improve things.

Took the kids the see Santa - Jame is "too old" at the tender age of 9 for all this Santa nonsense. My DD Leigh freezes every time she gets near the guy - I think he freaks her out. ME: "OK folks, time's a wasting - let's get the photo and get out of here - chop chop" We're pretty much Christmas washouts. I am looking forward to our church's candlelights service on Christmas eve...so I'm not a total loser.

Old 12-18-2005, 12:31 PM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

omg Susan,,,I blew coffee out of my nose laughing at you,,,we are going to crash? Thank goodness the coffee was more cold than hot.
ITs cold over here today too...don't like it...grrr IF I had my way I won't be leaving this house today. But I have a root canal...in exactly 3 hours...feel like Im going to be sick. Im already starting to feel border line stressed...ok Im passed the border.
We had my brother and SIL over last night,,,that was nice,,we had nibblies..ate lots of cauliflower,,,and fat free dip. Shrimp and a couple of sausage puffs. Should of stuck to water,,,instead I chugged cranberry juice.
well I should get going,,,
Im too stressed to think right now.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:31 PM   #5  
I wanna be a page 5 girl

Thanks Katy You know, both of my girls were 9.6 and 9.7 and I dont think that was the hardest part, the difference between 19" and 22" = AGONY! I pushed for five minutes with #2, and let me tell you - it is a pain I hope I never feel again. *shudders in memory*
LOL about Christmas. Today I am taking the girls to Christmas Story Book Land in Albany, Oregon. It will be nice to get out of the house!

Have a great OP day gals
EM
Old 12-18-2005, 12:51 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Oh, my gawd .......my lips are so chapped!! I hate this brrrrrrr weather!!!!

Did I say I am going to get 2 dwarf frogs and name one Napoleon and one Kip?? That'll make my Christmas.

Going to head to SE and go to Wal Mart. Why do we not have any Wal Mart on this side of town Katy???? Did you notice the highway over by the mall yesterday?? You couldn't even get on the on going ramp. Lovely looking Santa over at the Beaverton Mall - I think they renamed it now -same place though. It is too cold to get pictures........everyones lips are chapped...lol

I have done NO shopping and refuse to do so. We can catch the sales afterwards - as long as I have my vacuum.

I did go to Ross and picked up a 8.99 8x10 picture frame for Gabys picture to her father. I kept saying it was for her daddy and she thinks I mean Papa Doug - what a confused child - lol

I mean to look at your photos on my work computer EM - this MAC doesn't let me do anything and if I try it takes forever.....and I don't have patience to wait.

I bet you look awesome with coffee coming out of your nose Angie Can't wait for Vegas and we can go for morning coffee!!

better get!
Old 12-18-2005, 01:56 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hiya ladies,

For those who asked, Neal's last day was bittersweet. I helped him packed up what little stuff was left in his office. After we took it to the truck, we went back inside, and he had a last look around the his office of 32 years, then turned off the light. We walked out together, hand in hand. He gave me a short smooch outside on the sidewalk, and neither of us said much. Then we had lunch at Applebee's with one of the gift certificate's he got at his retirement party. I think the thing he's going to like best about retirement is sleeping in.

I'm so sorry I don't know who said what on the other thread. Bad Ma Jane!!

Angie - how'd the root canal go? I've had 2 of them, and didn't think they were as bad as rumored. The thing that hurt the worst of all is when they stretch that black rubber thing around the tooth.

Em - at least I'm remembering to tell you that I didn't think you ate the afterbirth. You and my Mary would have lots to talk about. She is homebound with 3 kids 3 and under.

Katy - I'm so glad Leigh still believes. Some of the magic is gone when the kids don't. Until you get grandkids.

Susan - you aren't planning to have frog legs for Christmas dinner are you??

Marti - where are you?

Cristi - have you been having a good time with your soldier? I bet you're spoiling him - I know I would!! When does he go back. And did he find out where yet?

We got our neighbors mail in my box yesterday and don't know where ours went. Hopefully, it will turn up tomorrow.

Have a good Sunday, ladies!
Old 12-18-2005, 01:56 PM   #8  
ugggg.....

Default Happy Birthday Connie!

Hope you have a special day planned!!! My Mom's b-day is the 21st too.
Enjoy

All else...hope you have happy & safe holidays

to all....
Old 12-18-2005, 05:35 PM   #9  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Hi Group just picked up my daughter from the train station, just in time too the icy rain has started, its looking like a winter wonderland......stopped for lunch and went to safeway everybody in town thought of shopping too, just in case we are stranded for the next couple of days......the washougal river has lots of ice and I saw on the banks of the columbia looking frozen too........no icebergs yet...........did you all hear the wind last night.
My son just turned 18 friday.......oh they grow up to fast.
Take care Michelle
Old 12-18-2005, 10:26 PM   #10  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I lived!
I kept telling Monte I didn't need the atavan all yesterday and this morning but as I was leaving I broke down crying...he went into Walmart and got the priscription filled. I took it, under the tongue. An hour later,,,I was cool as a cucumber...the only thing I squacked at was the disenfecting the tooth. I got soem on my tongue and it made me gag..tasted like bleach. I had my walkman with me,,had Il Divo on loud. We stopped for dinner...brought it home..I took a pain reliever and crashed for 3 hours. Im so thirsty...

Jane,,,Now ya see I would of been sniffling the whole time walking away,,,just the bittersweet. Im glad Neal has found something to look forward to,,,sleeping is good.
Jules,,,must be so nice to have your daughter home...how long does she get to stay? And Happy belated 18th birthday to your son. What is the drinking age in your area?
Gee Susan,,,from that coment I just don't trust you..I can see you stroring up all your one liners just as I take a sip..Zing Id end up having to get my nose grafted with skin taken from my butt since I have 3 degree burns in the nasal passage from laughing so hard I choked on my coffee...see what can happen uh? I bought Tanner some Neopolitan chap stick for his stocking. He once called me at work asking me to bring his chap stick...my lips hurt real bad...he does the imiatation well. I had no clue other then I was getting ticked that he was calling me at work over chapped lips. Later I figured it out...duh
Em what is it that your going? Sounds fun...
Both boys were over 9 lbs each and early,,Brandon was 24 inches long,,,longest baby this nurse had ever seen,,,she measured him twice and made another nurse measure him. He was long and skinny only early by 3 days. Tanner was short and chubby. only "18. He was 9.3 lbs,,1 month early. I gave birth standing in the bathroom. With Monte on one side and a MW below, and another nurse ready to get what was needed.
I could never have had home birth, because of complications each time. Tanner's birth I went into shock,,not sure from drinking the orange juice,,,or the aggressive birth or loss of blood. I went into convulsions,,,woke about 6 hours later.
well I am feeling a bit sleepy...atavan still in my system.
night all
Old 12-18-2005, 10:59 PM   #11  
kitty Momo

Don't worry Angie I am not going to waste Starbucks coffee by telling one liners - only for you to blow it out your nose!!! I just wanted to go to Starbucks in Vegas and chat over morning coffee, very innocent *she says with an evil grin*.

UGH.......I am spending the night at the exs!! **** on earth - lol. Actually it isn't too bad. I am headed for bed now. Ex is on couch, Beck is eating/watching tv in the kitchen. Rach is asleep and Gaby is a sleep - it isn't even 8 pm. I am going to sleep with Gaby in Beck's room. Might take the bus if it is too icy. 62 minutes to get to work.....ugh!!

Going to bed zzzZZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzZZzzzzzzZZzz
Old 12-19-2005, 08:57 AM   #12  
RosieKate

Susan- hope you can drive in today...it looked better than I expected when I woke up this morning. I think when the sun comes out whatever ice is left should melt. I am NOT going to the gym, too slick and the class is probably canceled anyway. But I might keep Leigh's speech path at 10:15 - could be ok to drive then.

Angie - get some rest - hope you get to feeling better very soon. No more coffee snorting for you

Michelle - Happy birthday to your son, he made it to 18! That's a milestone for both parent and child. Did you have a party?

Jane - sounds like a good day, albeit bittersweet. I chuckled at your comment about grandkids. When Leigh ws born, I knew she would be our last, and I actually thought - Ok, now onto grandkids! I guess it pays to get ready ahead of time,lol!

I managed to get into the Village to shop yesterday. Bought Leigh a beautiful fairy princess costume with a hat, then threw in a fancy wand for a stocking stuffer. Got her some pez to round out the stocking. One kid down, one to go. For my son I need to get to the art supply store. He's really into creating comics, so our plan is to buy him a portfolio and some good supplies to encourage him. Once I get him taken care of, I think my shopping should be just about done. Need to get a little something for the DH. We agreed to forego big gifts and get an annual family membership to our community center. I thought that would be a great gift we can all enjoy and promote the family health. Just can't wrap it and put it under the tree.

Have a great day everyone!

Old 12-19-2005, 10:26 AM   #13  
kitty Momo

Good Morning Katy

Yes, I drove in this morning - no problem.I never slept at the ex's- Rebecca is impossible. She wants the heater on so she can't hear me breathe and she was mean to Gaby by saying "don't kick me" and "take her to Rachel's room".

So, around 1am I was exhausted and went home - lol The roads were fine and I was behind a sanding truck. Woke up at 5 am and watched tv for a while , got to work at 7am.

Grabbed a cup of coffee at Starbucks and a sandwish at McDonalds and now I better get to work!!

Chat later
Old 12-19-2005, 12:47 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just dropping by with a quick hi-HI ladies!

Have a good one!
Old 12-19-2005, 03:50 PM   #15  

Hi to everyone! Thanks for all the Christmas cards and birthday cards, they are all appreciated.
Been pretty miserable for the past few days. I came down with food poisoning - that will teach me for eating out!! My medical book says it only last for 24 hrs. but I beg to differ. Either the flu hit at the same time or I really had a gut-renching siege going on! I'm so worn out that I didn't even go to work today. I still feel yucky but I have to go in tomorrow. So I'm trying to use the time productively and getting all the wrapping done.

We won't be having our get-together with DH's family until New Years so that gives me a little more time if I need it.

Our high today is 6 degrees. Even though it's sunny, it's cold!

Jane: Congrats to Neal!! Enjoy!

Not much to say, just wanted to whine a little.

Connie
Closed Thread