Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-15-2005, 08:54 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Trying for the first time.

I'm new to this, I'm 21 and weigh 268lbs. I hate myself and I cry everyday. But today is a new day. I have this dream, I sing opera, and I'm very very good. Everywhere I go to audtion I hear "beautifully stunning voice, but you dont "look" the part" So I'm going to do something about it. Any words of encouragement are welcome. And I thank you all for welcoming me into your community.

divasdontcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:57 PM   #2  
LLV

You can do it!!!!!!!

Listen, honey, you are the ONLY you that you've got. So be good to YOU.

And we'll be here to help you
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:20 PM   #3  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

welcome to 3FC!

I hope you'll find the inspiration you need here. You are so fortunate to have such a God-given talent! I have always envied people who have a good singing voice (I sound like a frog with laryngitis when I try to sing).

To become an opera singer takes a great deal of hard work and perserverance - so put these talents to use in your quest to lose weight and you'll be rewarded. You can do it - just start with writing down what you eat and do a little exercise. You'll find lots of support and good advice if you browse this board - the people here are great and have big hearts. Good luck!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:20 PM   #4  
here I go again...

We can do it together! That is why we're all here!!! It's so hard to do this alone, so come here, and talk to all of these wonderful people. They listen, and relate, and make you realize that you're not ever really alone! You're in the right place, and there's a great 20-somethings forum if you want to check it out!

I sound like a cheerleader (my apologies... ) hehe

Welcome
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:40 PM   #5  
LLV

I second Penny and Amanda's posts
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:13 PM   #6  

I envy you, I wish I could sing!!!! I promise you can do it... just set your mind to and make your mind up to succeed!!!
luvshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 06:27 AM   #7  

Up until now i have tried every pill and crash diet. I would lose 10 pounds and gain at least 5 back right off the bat. For YEARS people have told me it takes diet and exercise but i would NEVER except that. After hours of searching on the internet for the perfect weight loss plan i have finally come to realize that this is the only way that its going to come off and stay off.. not to mention its just down right good for you. SO now i am off on this journey i just started and WILL NOT give up. I know that if I dont do it no one else is going to do it for me. If i would have just listened the first time i would already be there. In the meantime i will come here for advise and support everytime i feel like quiting.. that means im here ALOT! For this long story i just want to encourage you to stick with it no matter how you feel that day, think of how you will feel at 120! BTW. i just now read on the YMCA webpage that those that workout regulary are less likely to be come depressed than those who dont... give it a try! YOU CAN DO IT!

Deana
bigolbadonkadonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:19 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by divasdontcry
I'm new to this, I'm 21 and weigh 268lbs. I hate myself and I cry everyday. But today is a new day. I have this dream, I sing opera, and I'm very very good. Everywhere I go to audtion I hear "beautifully stunning voice, but you dont "look" the part" So I'm going to do something about it. Any words of encouragement are welcome. And I thank you all for welcoming me into your community.
Oh wow--welcome to my life a few years ago! At least you're oging on auditions...that's is awesome that you've got that level of confidence! I have always been singing (since choir in the 5th grade), and I did extremely well with singing in high school, but when I went to college, I allowed others with more confidence to intimidate me, and I fell into the crowd and never auditioned for anything. For that, I admire you!

Throughout college, I easily weighed over 250 pounds the entire time. I'm now 23 years old and have seen the other side of 300, and it ain't pretty! So again, congrats to you on making the decision to change far earlier than I did! I, too, spent many nights crying in college (and high school and middle school...), but I realize now that if I had judt stopped crying and done something about it, it wouldn't have been so bad! Yes, it's hard to lose the weight, but it's also hard to live with the extra weight for so long.

Jump into any of the groups around here you like. There's a calorie counters' group, a group of people with 100+ to lose, a group for us youngins in our 20s...there is advice, support, and friendliness in every group I have visited on here, so make yourself at home! Also, feel free to PM me anytime--I've lost a little over 40 pounds so far, so now I'm at almost the same exact weight as you! It's always nice to have someone who understands your situation to talk to
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:51 PM   #9  

Welcome! I started at 260 and have 100+ pounds to lose so I know how daunting taking the first few steps can feel. But this really is a great site and you will gets loads of advice and encouragement. I'm sure you'll be the next Maria Callas and we can all say, "We used to write to her on this message board . . . "

Good luck and I look forward to talking to you!

annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:57 PM   #10  

Hi and welcome. Glad you've joined us! Just one thing, don't hate yourself, love yourself for who you are, for the beautiful voice you have, and for the body you've got. It's so much easier to lose weight if you do it from a place of self love rather than self loathing. I've tried it both ways, and this way is lots easier

There's the 100lb club too, for people with a lot to lose, and it's a fun place to hang out, with people who truly understand.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:30 PM   #11  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Here, here! You can do this Diva! And I don't say that lightly. I have felt your pain and I am telling you that it can be done. (I still have to tell myself that everyday!! ).
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:01 PM   #12  

You can definitely do it! The hardest part is to start. Then, after that, the most challenging aspect of weight loss is not getting discouraged to see that tomorrow you might be 2 pounds heavier even if you ate healthy the whole week. But, that's not even the beginning. Once you start getting close to your goal, there will be people who will tell you to stop. Some may even tell you that you don't look good, etc. Don't listen to anyone but yourself. You might want to change your mind about getting to 120 lbs. just to please others and a reason for you to stay plump and somewhat dissatisfied. People tell me that for a male, my goal of 138-140 pounds is too thin, but if my body is able to shed fat down to 138-140, then let it be. Get to your goal! I'm a male who started at 250 lbs.and now I'm 165 lbs. Like you, I hated myself, but then I realized that only you can do something about it. I've put off eating healthy (another way of saying "dieting") for so many Mondays: "I'll start next Monday." I regret not doing it a long time ago. But I'm doing it now and that's all that counts. I will no longer let life pass me life with a body that I don't like, no social life, tired, fear of getting diabetes at 22, and self-esteem at ground zero. If I can do it without anyone's help, so can you! Stay positive, although it's going to be a tough journey at the beginning, throughout, and once reaching your goal. Stick it through! It's worth it. Only you have that power and control to change yourself for the better. Good luck!
Psychego is offline   Reply With Quote