Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 12-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #1  

Default Just Diagnosed with Diabetes 2

I just got a call from my doctor's office to come in on Tuesday. My tests came back and I've been diagnosed with Diabetes 2. I really don't know what to expect from this. After having Stage 3 Cancer, I am hoping this is something that I can work with....does anyone have this on the board? How do you cope with the Diabetes 2?

Cyl53

Cyl53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:07 PM   #2  

Hello..im rosey from alaska and im a type 2 diabetic now for over 5 yrs..alot of us that have this disease post in another group in this forum ..check us out as we all try and help and support each other..i know that you are overwhelmed now but you can live with this.. first listen to your dr. as every diabetic is diff and what works for me might not foryou..it can be controlled withdiet and exercise and medication if need be..either pills or insulin..your dr will decide whats best for you.. second educate your self..find out all you can about this.. take classes or see a nutritionest..watch what you eat esp foods with sugar..but also the carbohydrates that turn to sugar..and exercise every day if you can..am sorry about the cancer thatsa bummer..but you can live with disease..hope to see you in our group..(((((((hugs))))) rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:20 AM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Welcome, I was diganosed earlier this year,I tried diet control but my last HABC1 still came back higher than it should so I have gone onto Metformin now. Hoping this with diet control will do the trick!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:35 AM   #4  

Default you can be cure

dear friend , dont worry about diabetes type 2
my brother is 28 years old he was with diabetes type 1 because his pancreas cannot produce insulin , he went to the hospital for several times to get treatment and nothing good i guess...just loosing some money about few thousand dollars...
and then my brother have problem with his blood sugar ..very high ...500 almost 600 and insulin dependent, then my friend offer me The chinese medicine...i almost laugh because the doctor cannot solve the problem but my friend tell me that diabetes can be cure with chinese herbs from tianshi , then i try the tianshi for my brother and pray if it works i tell it to others....then my brother try the calcium 2 for hyperglycemia and chitosan , about 1 week his sugar blood become lower and not using insulin....his doctor doesnt believe it happend, after 3 month using the product , can you believe that now he is normal...it is almost one year and now he is very healthy ...and he is having even organizer and very busy but his blood sugar now is normal

the thing is that we have to open minded to another medicine....we try it and then we can tell if it works...

you can contact me if you want to have tiens address in england , my email is [email protected], have a nice day friend
marince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:49 PM   #5  

Just because you have diabetes doesn't mean you cannot be in control of it. It may feel it has control over you, but you're strong! If you beat Cancer, you can beat this! I had Cancer way back in 1980-1981. I have been free from it since!!!! Luckily, my was operable and they got it all.

Hang in there....we're here to catch you if you fall!

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 01:39 PM   #6  

Diabetes cannot be cured by anything unless you can get a replacement pancreas. You really need to take it seriously unless you don't care about the consequences. You are doing what you can - follow the diet your doctor/dietician recommends, get plenty of exercise and rest, etc.

If that chinese stuff really worked, it would be headlines in all the papers.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:58 AM   #7  
Coop class of '82

I am sorry you got that call. I got the same call in October of 2003. You will go through a lot of different emotions, I imagine similar to what you did when diagnosed with cancer. I was scared, then angry, then defiant, then depressed, back to angry and frustrated. I suggest reading Diabetes for Dummies, very basic. Good luck and I hope you have insurance (I don't).
KimmyKat63 is offline   Reply With Quote