Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-14-2005, 02:24 PM   #1  

Talking newbie with some questions....

I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone and congratulations on all of your weight loss. Just wanted to get some confirmation on what i "think" i have learned here by browsing... First thing its not a diet but a "way of life" make healthy food choices and drink bunches of water AND workout.. I have tried all of the crash diets currently on the 3 day just to get a jumpstart. I know there is lots more that i need to learn. Just wondering if anyone else has any suggestions????

Also, where do i get the ticker thingy?

Deana
bigolbadonkadonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:27 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

You can click on someone else's ticker and you'll get a popup window where you can put in all of your own information. You can choose all sorts of looks and there are holiday tickers in there too. After you make it, the last step is where you get the URL that you can paste into your signature (under User CP up there at the top).

Welcome, fellow Texan!

P.S. I don't usually post here but saw your user name (love it!) and just had to come in and look around.
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:51 PM   #3  

Yeah, where'd you get your user name from?!?! I dig it. Are you a Trace Atkins fan?
chrmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:12 PM   #4  

Hi and welcome to 3fc!

My suggestion would be to start counting your calories at http://fitday.com It's helped me and a lot of other people be accountable! Good luck!
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:49 PM   #5  

thanks for the info.. I have always liked Trace Atkins but when he came out with this song... it is totally my motivation.. Everytime i want to give up i think about that song or turn it on...Kills the hunger fast!! i know i have a booty like that somewhere under there but its been about 9 years since i've seen it. lol.. I dont have but about 30 pounds to lose but it seems like it will never happen.. The smallest i can remember being was between 135-140 in school.. but i would really love to see what i can look like at 125... I didnt think it was possible until i found this website and so many people have accomplished goals like that..VERY INSPIRING! I want to feel sexy and actually KNOW that i am.. HAVE SEX WITH THE LIGHTS ON AGAIN!! sorry tmi..
I want it to come off FAST FAST FAST but i know thats not realistic. SO if i can get to my goal weight by april i will be satisfied. Is it possible? In the meantime Trace's "HONKYTONK BADONKADONK" will keep me out of the fridge.

Deana

Last edited by bigolbadonkadonk; 12-14-2005 at 05:06 PM.
bigolbadonkadonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:19 PM   #6  

Hmmmm.... I gotta listen to the song again. I want to losse 50 lbs by May (when I go off Maternity leave) so I think your goal is very realistic. I am not happy with the weight gain I gained with the little one inside me....
chrmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 03:34 PM   #7  

I think it is totally possible to make your goal if you work hard and stick with your plan... I have lost a little over 40 lbs in 5 months but I am alot heavier than you. Even if you don't make it to the ounce, I think you could be very close.
luvshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 03:49 PM   #8  

Hi Luv!! It's me Stubby!! I saw your weight watcher on ATWT & thought I'd look into it! What a great board.
He likes my big butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:33 PM   #9  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

Hey Deana!! I really don't care for the fad diets that go around. The best way to do it for me is just eat right, drink loads of water and exercise!! Which is what you've already picked up by trolling the board!

Like Valerie said FitDay is a great way to keep track of your calories. I use the program (not the site) to track them and it does give you a lot more accountability You'll learn a lot by sticking with the boards here I have!!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:37 PM   #10  

Hi honey!!!!! I have been reading this site for a while and it is really motivating!!! I have found alot of info that I would have never thought of on my own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by He likes my big butt
Hi Luv!! It's me Stubby!! I saw your weight watcher on ATWT & thought I'd look into it! What a great board.
luvshack is offline   Reply With Quote