View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #14
Charles78

S/C/G: 562.3/352/195

Height: 6'2"

Thanks everyone - you all are super kind.

If my journey so far can help even one other person then it is worth having those really bad before pictures up there. While I have never been in AA - I read a few books about the one of the founders of the AA program. This is a paragraph from one of those books that really struck home with me.

Quote:
Bolstered by support from the Oxford group, he managed to start getting his life together again, albeit not without several relapses, and soon was taking his message to fellow drunks, whom he would often bring home to stay at the Clinton Street house. As he did this, Bill stumbled upon a truly keen insight: that helping others to deal with drinking kept HIM sober.
I want to reach my own weight goals - no doubt about it and I know that I will. Getting healthy and adopting a new lifestyle has made me realize how much I want to help others avoid the burden of morbid obesity.

"The future is not some place we are going, but one we create. The paths are not found, but made, and the activity of making them changes both the maker and the destination."
John Schaar

www.myfooddiary.com/testimonials/Charles.asp
Link is to an interview about my weight loss experience.
http://askcharles.mymethodistblog.com/ My Weght Loss blog

Charles78 is offline   Reply With Quote