Old 12-12-2005, 11:20 AM   #1  

Default WEEKAT A TIME CHALLENGE #25 - 3 Weeks Left till Christmas!

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

December 25 is our newest short-term challenge date - Even if you are not celebrating Christmas feel free to take on that date with us or December 31 (New Year) as the end of the challenge. The object is to strive for consistent weeks of goal achievement resulting in big losses!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:29 AM   #2  

Default Mornin' Ladies

I am proud to say this is my 3rd day completing a 30 minute workout on the I was going to do it later - but just like someday is not a day of the week - later is not a time on the clock. So I decided to do it "right now" when the thought hit me this a.m.

I ran out of the house and forgot to weigh myself but I will do it as soon as I get home and report in. I hope to be like carla who already reported a 2lb loss last week!

Can't wait to see how the rest of you are doing! Get those numbers in so we can determine what we have to do this week for everyone to experience a loss.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:31 PM   #3  
Cynical RedHead

Good morning! I am going to do a no alcohol challenge this week! After over-indulging this weekend between my firm's holiday party and a champagne brunch, I figure it will do my system some good!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:06 PM   #4  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hello

It's Tuesday here, and I'd like to report that Monday was a success on all fronts. I didn't get a chance to step on the scale today, but hopefully tomorrow morning.

Mscat, I'm concerned the thread title is not correct...? It's 2 weeks till Christmas, isn't it?
Carla, wow again, keep up the good work and shed those pounds.

Once again, my challenge for this week is:

no food after 7 pm PLUS no sweets PLUS 10 min on the exercise bike (15 on days with no activites & weekend - so Frid, Sat and Sun this week)

I have to achieve all 3 for the challenge to be met, and it's ok to have dinner after 7 pm if I don't get home until then, as long as I don't much afterwards.

I hope the rest of this week goes as well as Monday did. Today is my last Ashtanga yoga class until mid-January... I'll surely miss it! And same goes for tennis... lessons are on hold during holiday season (why?!?!). But I'll be able to go skating for the first time since August on Thursday, and that makes me happy! I'll miss the Christmas dinner at work because of that, but skating is more important than the opportunity to stuff myself.

Take care ladies!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:41 PM   #5  

Default ooops

Hey Sushi - you are absolutely right - it is only 2 weeks till Christmas! Can't count!

Okay ladies I am devastated by the scale - up 4 lbs But I will not be daunted. I am going to stick to my weekly challenge of 30 minutes of treadmill (or stair climbing - dusting the stair climber off and getting it back into circulation); 72 oz of water a day and no white processed foods. I just ate a steak dinner at 9:00 before I weighed in so I am going to weigh myself again in the a.m.

LAst weeks kudos go to . . .
bonnie
carla and a for 2lbs down!
Fish :cp
eesabella
Sushi and a woo: for 4lbs down!
and me

Have a great night ladies!

Ps - no the tracker is not right - will change it tomorrow!
Old 12-13-2005, 10:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/191/147

Height: 5'8''

Hey Everyone!! My internet was done, soooo happy it's back up!!

So I made it 6/7 days - 30 minute walk outside! So I actually get hee hee! :P I'm going to semi-repeat the challenge... instead I'm going for a 15 minute walk. Still a challenge for me, but one I'm more likely to do. I didn't do it yesterday though. Shame on me! That won't stop me from trying to get the remaining 6 days!

I have to say.. I am only partially enjoying the challenge. The cold air is kind of nice, I LOVE getting to see all the Christmas lights in the neighborhood, and I usually listen to some talk radio, so that's cool... but it is a fight to get out there. Would like it more if I had a walking buddy... but this is why it's good to keep at it - I may find more reasons why I enjoy it in time!!

MsCat - sorry to hear about the 4 lbs - but I bet the steak dinner effected the reading!!

Sushi - what's Ashtanga yoga?! Sounds exotic!!

to Everyone on your challenges for this week!!

About my "5 pound loss"... I bought a scale - it says I am 153 naked, 155 clothed... 5 pounds less than what my parent's scale usually says. Their scale is weird, I stepped on one time this weekend and it said 158, the next 160, then 156... So, whether I lost weight or not, I really don't know. I feel and look a bit thinner :P. My starting point may just be lower though. I know for sure that I was 175 3 years ago, so I am just taking the 5 pound loss, even though it may have happened a while ago.

Take care everyone!!

Ees
eesabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:04 PM   #7  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Tuesday and Wednesday went well as well.
I didn't get a chance to step on the scale on Tue, so I'll just wait till next week.

Talk to you all soon
Old 12-15-2005, 07:08 PM   #8  

Where is everyone!! Okay, lessee.. I walked Tuesday and yesterday I walked A LOT - but it was all in a mall, so it didn't count It's cold and raining right now... Will I walk tonight? Stay tuned... hee hee

Why is Mrs Clause so much younger and hotter than Santas?

Ees
Old 12-15-2005, 11:48 PM   #9  

Default Night Ladies!

Just checking in with a quickie. YOu all are doing soooo well! I am so proud of all of you I have been on the treadmill for 30 minutes everyday this week so far Still struggling with water - Some days good, some days not so good. Never the less, I am very proud of my consistent workouts.

will catch up with you all later - battery dying . . .
Old 12-16-2005, 10:03 AM   #10  

Default Mornin' Ladies

Well ladies - it has been a kick butt week for us all. Keep up the good work and we will all emerge victorious with great weight loss next Monday.

eesabella - for Monday and Tuesday and here's two more to you from me for last week and for 5lbs down. That makes you our grand winner for the week We applaud your challenge - 15 minutes is better than not doing it at all! I am in the same boat - today I got 20 minutes of my workout in when I was interrupted by the phone - I still haven't gotten back on the treadmill to complete the last 10.

Bonnie - here is another for last week for you too and a for Monday's goals! I don't know exactly when I weighed myself that day and if I weighed myself after eating the steak dinner - I must have been outta my mind. But I agree with you that late steak dinner was not representative of what my weight should be. I am too chicken to get on the scale again until Monday Enjoy your trip! What I do when faced with special occasion food is eat everything I want but eat half as much as I would normally. That way you can partake, not feel deprived, and not ig: out.

Sushi for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - you are doing an awesome job this week.

Have a great day ladies - note I refuse to change my tracker until it goes down!
Old 12-17-2005, 03:17 AM   #11  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Thursday went swell too, but why do things have to fall apart on Fridays?!
I had an awful awful awful afternoon at work - so bad I don't want to go to work ever again, at least not there. Only about 2-3 weeks left of this job anyway, but I just don't want to...
And then I gave one of my co-workers a ride home - she had asked me to swap with her and I had thought it was next week, and I felt so stupid about messing that up that I offered the ride. It was alright, but it took forever because of heavy traffic, I didn't get to the mall till almost 7 pm, despite being off work at 4:30 pm... I was finishing up Christmas shopping, and it was a nightmare as well... didn't get home till 9 pm, dead tired and hungry...
So no food after 7 pm went out of the window, and I was too tired to jump on the bike...
Today the day started with chocolate, it was an awful morning - one of those days when everything goes wrong, and I was feeling so tired I didn't have it in me to just let go, but kept getting more and more frustrated and moody...
Sitting here now with a pack of (delicious ) mint chocolate sticks and not feeling like stationary bike at all... Don't want to sit home tomorrow, but don't feel like going anywhere or doing anything and so on. Don't even feel like doing crunches tomorrow so that I can complete my 21-day challenge... don't feel like starting to run again for a new challenge... just feel like having those cherries I put in the fridge...
Old 12-18-2005, 12:01 PM   #12  
Exercise Queen

Can I join you this week? I would like to commit to doing my ab workout every day this week. That we take me through Christmas eve. Ab work always keeps me more aware of my stomache muscles, which keeps my mind focused on my goals!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 02:06 PM   #13  

Default Happy Sunday

stagemomx3! We will stick to you like glue during your challenge.

Bonnie - I am feeling you with the hustle and bustle and maintaining your plan all at the same time! I spent most of the day shopping yesterday and did not get my workout in I am determined to get it in today so I will at least have 6 of 7 completed for the week. Take heart I still have a few more gifts to pick up, the tree is only partially decorated, packages must go to post office, and I haven't begun to think about baking!

Sushi - I know how you feel - but no matter what - I am doing that treadmill workout and you are going to complete that 21 day challenge!

Gotta run and get warm - I suppose the treadmill will help me in that respect!
Old 12-18-2005, 06:13 PM   #14  
dgpebbles

Hello Ladies..I just joined this site today and would like to join your weekly challange....My goal is to cut out sugars and drink more water...i'm trying to get myself motivated to start dieting and exercising again..Hoping this site will help
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 09:19 PM   #15  

I made it 2 days this week - 15 minute walks outside! Not great, ugh. I'm going for it again next week! I won't give up!!

MsCat - Thanks for calling me the winner last week - but like I said, I think that was a loss that happened a while ago! Thank you! I like being a winner! You are going to bake! You brave, brave woman I baked two things for family members while dieting over the summer without even licking the spoon. It was pretty cool, but I don't know how many times I got ready to bake with the idea in the back of my mind that I would let myself have one lick and ended up eating half the batter!

I think Bonnie should get cheers for her use of the Holiday smilies

- oooh, that one is cute, gotta use it!

Well!! I hope everyone did better than I did this past week!! I have a feeling this coming week will be much better for me!! to all of you!!

Oh yes!! And welcome dg!! Good luck to you on your challenge and your diet!! Good choice of challenge!