Old 12-12-2005, 01:51 AM   #1  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Arrow Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (12-18 Dec)

I'm a wee bit early in starting this, but I wanted to post my plan for Monday, and it seemed a bit silly to put it in last week's thread.

Do you realise that next week's thread will include Christmas Day? I don't know where the year has gone....

So anyway:-
Monday evenings are often difficult time for me foodwise, so I've tried to anticipate it by putting bean soup in as one of my snacks. It comes in at less than 150 kcals, and is really filling. I've also popped a whisky treat in there in case I get the urge.... I've budgeted for greedy worst case scenario, but it would be nice if I'm able to show some restraint and have only 2 fl.oz..

I'm determined to stick with this. I want to report tomorrow that I've had a whole week totally OP, and I want to see that reflected at my WI.

Tomorrow's Plan:

Breakfast: Banana & cranberry juice breakfast shake; coffee, 0% milk.
Lunch: Lean ham & Phili Light sandwich on whole-grain, cabbage, cucumber, tomato.
Dinner: Baked salmon, whole-wheat couscous, green beans, sweet corn.
Snacks: Bean soup, tangerine, 2% plain yogurt. I've also budgeted for a very large single malt whisky.
Exercise: 40 minute walk.
Estimated kcals: 1550
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:26 AM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I LOVE that next week's thread will include Christmas Day!! I skipped out on my TOPS meeting this past Thursday because I honestly didn't feel like listening to the ladies in the group It was expected to snow that night, and it seems anytimes anything falls from the sky in winter around here, people act like it's the storm of the century. Having grown up in CT, I know that 2-4 inches of expected snow is NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, but people here just completely freak, and since almost all of the women in my TOPS group are 60+ years old, I knew the entire time would be spent talking about the weather. I'm also not going this week because it's our Christmas party, and I just can't get myself to go to a weight loss group who'se having a big dinner--seems quite counter productive to me. Also, due to the party, the weigh-in time has been moved to over na hour earlier, and I'm not sure I could make it on time anyway. AND next week, I will be in CT on Thursday, so I will have missed 3 TOPS meetings in a row Since I don't have that accountability, I'll need to be extra good about posting my food (honestly!) in here (which I didn't do very well with last week). New week starts NOW!

Monday:
  • strawberry bread - 400
  • milk - 90
  • Special K bar - 90
  • oatmeal - 130
  • fudge - 100
  • Healthy Choice hot dog on wheat bun w/instant lo mein side - 425
Total: 1235 calories
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:46 AM   #3  
Downsizing Dee!

Good morning ladies! I didn't have such a hot weekend. Saturday was 1750 calories and Sunday was 1895. Both days - no exercise. I know it's not too bad, but higher that I would have liked.

I thought I was having an eating function at work today so I only packed some fruit and yogurt to take with me. But I had the days mixed up so I'm not sure what I'll do for lunch today. Perhaps I'll dive into my stash (oatmeal and cup of soup) and make up for it with a better supper.

Will update on today's eats tomorrow.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:40 PM   #4  
Made in England!

Just a quick in-and-out for me. I have to be up really early tomorrow, and then have a couple of dental appointments to go to.

I've done it! I managed to complete a full week of my plan. Not one thing has passed my lips that I didn't plan for. Tonight was the first time I found it difficult; there's something about Monday evenings that drives me to want to munch. It's a good job I'm off to bed early because I really don't feel all that strong right now. I did have only 2 fl.oz whisky though (and I really enjoyed it too), so I came in a little under the anticipated kcal count.

Mon 12/12:

325- Breakfast shake (2½ oz banana, 1 cup pure cranberry juice, 2 tblsp. hemp protein powder; 500 ml coffee, 1 cup 0% milk.
313- 2 oz whole-grain bread, 2 oz lean baked ham, 1 tblsp. Phili Light, red cabbage, cucumber, tomato.
348- 2 oz baked salmon, 1½ (dry weight) whole-wheat couscous, ½ cup sweet corn, green beans.
80- ½ cup plain 2% yogurt.
43- 4 oz tangerine.
148- Home-made bean soup (2½ oz (cooked weight) dried mixed beans, peas, & lentils, celery, chilli, onion, herbs, 2 tsp. reduced salt chicken Oxo).
139- 2 fl.oz whisky.

Water: 2½ litres.
Total kcals: 1396
Exercise: 40 minute walk.

Tomorrow's Plan:

Breakfast: Cereal, raisins, 0% milk; coffee.
Lunch: Lean ham & Phili Light sandwich on whole-grain, cabbage, cucumber, tomato.
Dinner: Chicken, sweet potato, broccoli, carrots.
Snacks: Tangerine, tuna on whole-grain, 2% plain yogurt.
Exercise: 30 minutes strength training.

for my WI tomorrow....
Old 12-13-2005, 06:35 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

Dishy--AWESOME job on the full week of planned eating! I really need to get back to that level of discipline, too. Today we have a Christmas party at work, though, so I don't think today's the day I'm sure your weigh-in today will be very happy news...let us know!

Yesterday became a disaster yet again...here's more of a reality check on how it turned out (I know ya'll don't really care, but I need this accountability!):
  • strawberry bread - 400...plus streusel bread later on, and lots of it fresh from the oven! - I'd say an additional 600 calories worth
  • milk - 90...and another tall glass of milk with bread after dinner, so another 135
  • Special K bar - 90
  • oatmeal - 130...never got to the oatmeal. Instead, I had sandwich from the cafeteria: ham, swiss, spinach, and honey mustard on a croissant with cool ranch Doritos and a diet pepsi - 810
  • fudge - 100...more like 500
  • Healthy Choice hot dog on wheat bun w/instant lo mein side - 425...nope! Dinner was instead chicken cordon bleu with mashed potatoes - 790
Yup, there it is, 3415 calories worth of food that wasn't even worth it! I feel like I'm back at square 1--admitting there's a problem is the first step, right?

I'm not going to post my plan for today since I don't know what will be available for lunch. I'm sure I will return RIGHT after lunch to my Fitday to add up an estimate of whatever I eat at the party (NOT to include any of my bread or fudge!).
Old 12-13-2005, 06:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Ack. Another day of parties at work. 'Tis the season, I guess!

Monday

Breakfast: Oatmeal and a Morningstar breakfast patty
Lunch: Bacon Ranch grilled chicken salad at McD's with ranch dressing
Party: 1 cup (or a bit more) grapes, 2 crackers with hummus, 1.5 ounce cheese, part of a chocolate chip cookie, handful of potato chips, small slice of strawberry cheesecake
Dinner: Code fillet with tomato couslit, small bit of rice, and veggies

Exercise: 46 minutes on the stationary bike (and it was a struggle to do it!) plus 25 minutes of strength training and 5 minutes of stretching

Calories: About 1825
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, I've been sick this past weekend. I'm better now, but yesterday I was trying to figure out if I should work out with some respiratory thing. After reading all of the articles on the web, the consensus seemed to be as long as I didn't have a fever and it was above the neck, I could do some less intense cardio, so I did. I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of myself.

I'm trying to maintain focus through the holiday, I'd like to at least get to 50lbs by New Years, if not more.

Here's my food from yesterday...

2 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - luna bar
1 - apple
5 - zone bar
2 - 2 pt cookies
2 - coffee
6 - lc chicken
0 - sugar snap peas
22 points (out of 26)

Exercise: 30 mins Precor (300 cals), abs, upper and lower body

Have a great day everyone!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:09 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hello Ladies!!

Fish - Great job on staying on plan for a week!! Your on a role girl!

Beth - Kudos for working out sick. I'd have bailed BIG TIME!!!

12/12/05
210 - Mint Zone Perfect Bar
161 - 4 triscuts & cheese
460 - 4 fish squares
660 - Pizza
220 - 1 cup Light Ice Cream
1711 - TOTAL

Exercise: None
Water: Maybe 40 oz.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:35 PM   #9  
Downsizing Dee!

So I'm back to report yesterday's fiasco. After not brining my lunch because I thought I had a lunch engagement, I did ok and picked up some chili from Timmy's. Then...I remembered that I had an evening dinner engagement (I know, I'm gettin' pretty forgetful the last couple of weeks). So out I go to dinner, and I tried to do well but I went way over in calories. So here's yesterday's eats.

- 2 yogurt
- chili with roll & butter
- 2 cofee (2 cream, 1 swtner each)
- Beef medallions, 1 piece bruschetta, 1 vodka beverage, 5 jumbo shrimp, 4 king crab legs, cheese & tomato salad, steamed veggies & 1/2 potato
Total Calories ~ 2600
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Sandi, I would have too in the past, but I've been working on this for a while, it does get easier.

Things are really clicking now, I'd been sort of struggling, OP most of the time, but not enough for any serious weight loss, for October and November. I re-evaluated my goals and decided I needed to focus more, so this week I've been working on that.

Here's my food from yesterday:

2 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - luna bar
2 - tomato soup
5 - zone bar
2 - coffee
6 - chicken breast
3 - baked potato
2 - sour cream
26 points (out of 26)

Exercise: 10 mins bike (70 cals), 38 mins eliptical (500 cals), yoga class

Have a great day everyone!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:02 AM   #11  
Eating for two!

I didn't do insanely horribly at the Christmas party at work yesterday, though I could have done better. Here's what ended up being my day:
  • Special K bar
  • instant oatmeal
  • 4 pieces of fudge
  • cheese cubes and pepperoni (maybe 1/2 cup total?)
  • tiny scoop of pasta salad (3 small bites)
  • 2 small meatballs with sauce
  • 2 mini crabcakes (about the size of a half-dollar)
  • 2 sausage balls (sausage, cheese, and Bisquick)
  • 1 medium scoop of pistachio salad (maybe 1/4 cup)
  • 5 pita chips with spinach dip
  • 4 veggie crisps with some funky dip stuff with a funny name made from eggplant skin?
  • tiny sliver of Korean cake (interesting how bland the Korean bakery's desserts are compared to American)
  • tiny sliver of carrot cake
  • baked beans and Healthy Choice hot dogs (for dinner)
Overall, I haven't a clue as to how many calories--I'd be willing to bet it's over 3000, though
Old 12-14-2005, 11:12 AM   #12  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Morning!!

Last night was my 4th big food event this month. They say the road to **** is paved with Good intentions. That be me last night! First of all, it was Bunko Christmas at the freggin OLIVE GARDEN!! I had planned well, knew exactly what I was getting. At the last minute I double checked and the calories I was counting were for the lunch entree not the dinner entree and that kinda threw me (excuse #1). But when I got there I saw they had a chicken ceasar salad, yahhh!! But the the gal next to me was having my FAVORITE and I just couldn't take it (excuse #2). Plus I had to spend my birthday last night at home and not out celebrating because Jacob was sick. (excuse #3 - see how good I am!). Once I had successfully ordered the most evil thing on the menu, all bets were off, I ordered sangria, said pass the breadsticks!! As you'll see, I had a good ole time.

When I woke I this morning, I did not feel bad, instead I decided to let last night be last night. I know that one evening of celebration will not be my demise, but how I handle today is soooo much more important. If I am on plan today then last night didn't do any real damage other than maybe delay my progress a tiny bit. I am happy to say that despite a kitchen full of homemade treats I am on plan TODAY. As for yesterday, here is the ugly truth!

12/13/05
190 - Oatmeal
230 - South Beach Chicken wraps
67 - Apple - Notice the low calories so I could eat out at Olive Garden...
OLIVE GARDEN
3 breadsticks
Bowl of pasta figoli (sp?)
3 slices of Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Hot Chocolate
small slice of cake (They told them it was my birthday!)
TOTAL - Just not going there!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:15 PM   #13  
Made in England!

Beth: Good going for working out when you weren't feeling well!

I was rewarded with a 6 pound drop at my WI yesterday, BUT... they say pride goes before a fall, and I have to say it's true. After all my smugness for sticking with my plan for a week, I made a right pig's ear of yesterday. I have a few excuses, ranging from a bit of a do I had in the grocery store to stress and bother over my teeth, but truthfully, excuses are all they are. I have no good reasons. All I can do is take a leaf from Sandi's book: put it behind me and try to do better from today.

Tues 13/12:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, ½ cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee.
Lunch #1: 2 oz whole-grain bread, 2 oz lean baked ham, ¾ oz Swiss cheese, red cabbage, cucumber.
Lunch #2: i portion home-made bean soup, 3 tblsp. Parmigiano.
Snack: 4 oz tangerine.
Dinner: 2 cups chicken fried rice, ½ portion honey garlic spare ribs, 2 fl.oz whisky.
Evening Grazing: A dozen Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits, 2½ oz cheese (Cheddar & Swiss).

Water: 2½ litres.
Total kcals: A conservative estimate (using info found on the 'Net) would be 2572. I suspect it was rather more than that though.
Exercise: 45 minute walk. Didn't do my 30 minutes scheduled strength training.

Today's Plan:

Meal #1: Cereal, raisins, 0% milk; coffee.
]Meal #2: Banana & cranberry juice breakfast shake; coffee, 0% milk.
]Meal #3: Home-made chicken curry, brown rice.
Snacks: Tangerine, 2% plain yogurt, variety of raw veggies (red cabbage, carrots, celery, tomato), 0% milk.

Estimated kcals: Around 1500.
Exercise: 40 minutes walk.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:37 AM   #14  
Made in England!

Weds 14/12:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, ½ cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee.
Late am: Shake (5½ oz banana, 1 cup cranberry juice, 2 tblsp. hemp protein powder).
Mid pm: ½ cup 2% plain yogurt, raw veggies (red cabbage, carrots, celery, tomato).
Dinner: 1½ cups brown rice, 1 portion home-made chicken curry (212 kcals).
Snack: 4 oz tangerine, 1 cup 0% milk.

Water: 2 litres plus 250 ml green tea and a small black tea from Tim Horton's. <--- Nods to Jillegal.
Total kcals: 1479
Exercise: 45 minute walk.

Tomorrow's Plan:

#1: Cereal, raisins, 0% milk; coffee.
#2: Banana protein shake with black cherry* & cranberry juice.
#3: Beef tenderloin, onions, tomato, yam.
Snacks: Tangerine, 2% plain yogurt, raw veggies (red cabbage, carrots, celery, tomato).

Estimated kcals: 1445.
Exercise: 30 minutes strength training.

* I meant to get the cranberry juice, but picked up the wrong flipping bottle! I'm hoping if I cut the black cherry juice with cranberry it'll at least take away some of the sweetness. Even so, that's 440 unnecessary kcals I'll have added (by the time I finish it) through not paying attention.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Wow. The holidays are kicking my butt this year in the healthy eating department. Went out shopping with friends, ate dinner late, tried snacking during the day and was starved, ugh. I seem to be hovering around the maintain line sort of, in the same 3 pound stretch. I suppose if I can maintain until after the holidays I'll be happy as well.

Breakfast
Lowfat yogurt with granola

Snack
Hershey bar (oops)

Lunch
Healthy choice meal, sweet bourbon steak
1 cup grapes

Snacks
Some wafer crackers with hummus
Luna bar

Dinner
Little Willie's chicken burrito with sour cream and cheese (calorie estimate, ala Calorie King -- about 1140, that thing was huge!)

Snack
Tropicana orange cream bar

No exercise.

Calories: About 2400 (technically should be maintainable...)
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote