Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 12:58 AM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default Weight Loss & Chit Chat #155

HELLO & Welcome To the Jaded Ladies!

We're a friendly group that provides support in our weight loss journey as well as our every day lives. So pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and please join us.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:02 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Thanks for starting the new thread Angie!!! You are so multi talented

I am headed for a meeting but am waiting for a telephone call from co workers sister - she went back to Montana. Dang - now who does he have?? It is his birthday and they have him slated to leave ICU by the end of the week.

Gaby was a dog in her former life. Something weird happened at birth and she didn't want to nurse. I had to put a bowl down on the floor for her to lap milk from. lol

k- I better get to my meeting.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:15 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies, and a good Monday to all

This weather has been so nice...up to 60 yesterday and supposed to be 52 today! I'm lovin' it!

MICHELLE~(((((((HUGS))))))) to you sweetie. I know how hard it is to lose a loved one and my heart goes out to you and your friend & family. I watched my grandma die of pancreatic cancer, an uncle with bone cancer and a nephew with Leukemia. Just doesn't seem fair. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. And you be careful at work with all that freight and stocking the shelves. I know you have to do it but still...be careful.

SUSAN~too funny! I also was going to mention Janet Evanovich and the little girl who thinks she is a horse! Love those books! Potato soup sounds delicious! I haven't had/made any in years...the kids don't like it and I refuse to cook two different meals so...of course potato soup is relatively easy to make.

ANGIE~I LOVE Luther Vandross!! I have a lot of his CD's but not that one. I think I would like to have it though and I still can't believe he is gone! I am going to have to check out Li Divo, not sure I have heard of them and I am curious about the hot guys! I've seen the previews of the Johnny Cash movie but I have never really been a fan of his music so won't be seeing the movie to hear the music. But...I do like Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix. I think it was him that said he was going to quit acting, I sure hope not. Brandon made me think of Josh...at one time he wanted a black room-we compromised and he settle with the dark green. I was a little worried he wouldn't like what we did to his room when he came home. He walked in and said "What did you do to my room?! I like it!" I thought he was just saying that to be nice but he really does like it and he hasn't even put the furniture back the way it was when he left. You should take some pics of his room when you are done-would love to see it-sounds really cool! And I like grey.

JANE~I did finish the book and it was good. It was about 4 ladies that took a journal writing class and became friends. They would get together every Thursday at 8 am and chitchat. There's a lot more to it, but it was good. Totally understand about having your family Christmas early.

Hi to everyone else...Sue, Marti, Katiecat, Katy, Jules, Connie, EM and anyone I've missed, because I know I have. Hope all is well with you.

Again, and as usual, not a lot going on with me. Same old stuff, different day. Did get some walking in. I really need to get back on track with it. It's just been so cold all I've wanted to do was stay indoors and stay warm. Of course I do have a treadmill so there really is no excuse for not walking. I weighed today and am up 1/2 pound which is not so bad, considering I over did it this past weekend. I'm back on track with the food and water but need to get the walking back on track. I actually miss walking at the park and mowing the lawn-that's where I got a lot of my exercise...the yardwork! Anyway, getting back on track with everything TODAY! And that is why I weigh once a week...to make sure I don't start going up again.

Take care ladies and have a good one!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:06 PM   #4  
ugggg.....

I am excited--took lunch to try and find the one thing my mom wanted for Christmas---she turns 73 on the 21st and she wanted ear muffs. Who would think that they would be hard to find--none at Walmart, none at Target, none at Kohls..didn't want to go into the stores at the actual mall...last stop..KMART and success. Two for $5--I got her a pair of black ones for casual and a pair of fake rabbit fur to dress it up a little. I've got other things for her too, but she rarely asks for anything!!

Off to do a PM Yoga tape.....
Old 12-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi ladies,

Angie - thank you so much for the Christmas card and the postcard from
Disney World. My DGDs never get enough of the castle, so I left it out where they'll be sure and see it when they come over.

Susan - I edited your original bio for you, sweetie. Not a problem. Gaby is such a cutie patooty! How are the older girls? You mentioned one was living with you, and that the other was going to move in. How's that going?

Michelle - so sorry about your friend. I've been down that road and it makes you feel so helpless, doesn't it?

Cristi - like you, I'd much rather do "natural" exercises. Especially chasing the DGDs around in the yard, lol. Not gonna happen for awhile, though.

Marti -

We just got back from Mackenzie the 1st grader's Christmas program. It was so cute and she said her lines just right. Proud grandma here, lol. Tomorrow is Makenzie the 3 y/o 's Christmas program. That should be a good one, too, lol.

Not much going on. The snow is all melted and it doesn't look very festive outside.

Gotta run!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:09 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

It is 38* here Jane, no snow. I can't stand cold weather!!

Older girls are doing ok - they flop wherever they can lately. It is even right now. I think the newness of "me" wore off and so they go where they can get a good deal. lol Beck is at basketball right now and Rach is writing a paper on the big bang.
I just dialed my work phone number and let Gaby listen to my message. She goes "where are you??" I don't think she realizes it was a machine.

We have the residents dinner tomorrow - going to be in the kitchen all day.......with food. yum.

Saw co worker for a few minutes and I must say he looks wiped out. He seemed down and depressed but I just think he was exhausted from all his weekend visitors.Another female co worker told me not to go in there and hold his hand and sniffle too loudly. lol. So, I didn't. Though he did hold my hand and I did give him a hug and he gave me a stuffed kitty that someone gave him. I was going to give it to Gaby.

Assistant was put on stress leave by her doctor and she is opening up a claim, also she is filing a complaint with BOLI - whatever that is ???

k- dinner time!

Chat later.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:38 PM   #7  
Give me strength

Susan,,,that assistant should have a claim put against her. She will get hers one day. One of the other ladies I work with kept in contact with that thing that sat next to me,,,shes not doing well...shes on her 3rd job...hmmm

Jane,,,I can hear the pride!

Jules,,,ear muffs are cool...I was thinking of buying a pair for myself at the zoo,,,can't wear hats,,,big head...too much hair...and just look down right frumpy. Ear muffs would do...lol And it wouldn't mess the do...ha ha ha
WAsn't smart,,,I lost my zoo tickets to get in,,,so not good. Will take the vehicle apart tomorrow,,,already took the purse apart 2 times.

Cristi,,,Im hoping Brandon says he likes it...my big plan is to buy some lil exta mini lights in red,,and drap some from the ceiling...Ive told monte Id like to sell the bedroom set he has,,,which is my old set. And make Brandon a bed,,,a captains bed but double sized. Ikea has a nice shelf in black and silver. And then a desk for his computer should do it. His room is only 11 x 11 so not big. Plus I had bought both boys a video chair. I will take pics...
well off to bed...
night all
Old 12-13-2005, 02:02 AM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies. We were in IN just in time for the cold and the 7 inches or so of snow! Back in Las Vegas and away from that ice and snow. My computer at home acted up the whole time I was there..and it is my newer puter. I will have to get that taken care of when we get home in the Spring. I did read and try to keep up with you all. I couldn't however get my private messages...until I got back to this computer. So, I will say here that I am sorry about not sending my address to you gals. No cards for me this year..and I forgot to bring your addy here with me Jane. It is laying on my desk at home. *sigh* I am nothing short of a mess right now. SO sorry I am not being a very good friend.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:58 PM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hey ladies

Susan~glad to hear the co-worker is doing well.

Jules~I bought some ear muffs last year and never used them. But when it got cold in October for a few days I remembered I had them and used them when walking at the park. They helped a lot, there's nothing to block the wind out there. My face and ears always get the coldest when I am walking and I can't take it long if they get too cold. But half way through the walk I was so warm I had to take them off. My head was really hot! And no it wasn't hot flashes! Of course I have been having a few lately.

Angie~I am sure Brandon will like his new room. Hope you find the zoo tickets. Speaking of the zoo...I need to find out when the zoo here does their Zoobilee Lights thing. I'm sure they are already doing it, I just forgot about it so thanks for reminding me!

Jane~I miss the kids being in school, so many fun, cute things they did. Anyway, have fun at the program.

Hi Sue, and everyone else

Looks like we are going to be getting some rain today. Kind of cloudy and icky looking but snow isn't in the forecast until the weekend. I'm hoping it passes us, don't want any more. Take care ladies and have a GREAT day!
Old 12-13-2005, 02:09 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

Ang- I have thought of a claim against her - defamation of character sounds like a winner - after I learned she was calling me a *itch to the residents.

Jules - My ex is 72 - lol. Seems young to me. I think my mother is 62 now.

Cristi - I am sure co worker will be fine. He seemed down to me, nice man. My sweetie is in Hawaii though. He is buying me a vacuum for Christmas, what a guy. lol Seem attached to him.

Ex called and said Gaby was horrid at the ortho today. Rach got her braces off. I said "Yes, she likes the water cooler and likes to play in the waiting room". We have been kicked out a many a times. lol He said "no....I think she is tired"
I said to just give her a nap and no pop!!!

Ok, I am STARVED. We are having a dinner today. I asked if I could help and Boyfriend didn't say anything. I guess I am in charge of the office?? What the heck. He is a friggin control freak.

better get
Old 12-13-2005, 02:32 PM   #11  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies--

So much chattin' going on I don't think I can keep up! So I will do my individuals the next time I pop in.

I've been busy trying to get all my shopping done and it seems like I'm running out of time way too fast! I have Jhanai the next three weekends and I still need to finish her shopping. "gotta make time"

I think I've spent who knows how much time on my Christmas cards yesterday. I was going to do them over the weekend but I wasn't home most of the time. So I did thmem all yesterday before work...then I get a couple email from people giving me their home address......so I got to remember them! I have about 40 or more cards I'm sending, that's a lot for me!

Pretty much nothing new going on w/me. Just running out of time and trying to keep up! (I think I'm losing hair in the process....why couldn't I be losing weight?! )

I'm heading off to browse a minute and then shower. I will chat w/you later!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:33 PM   #12  
ugggg.....

Jane--first graders are cute--our friends 3 year old has been practicing Frosty the Snowman--she starts to sing until she gets stuck and looks at Becky and says, "you do it now Mommy"--cracks me up.
....the worst part about snow is all the mud that gets left after it melts...

susan--hugs are very therapeutic..my Mom seemed old to me when she was 40....she is so serious all the time, I think it was the Mennonite upbringing and financially taking care of her younger siblings---ear muffs were a "fun" gift to get her.

Ang--Hope you find the zoo tickets--I can't wait for warm weather to go to the Washington DC zoo and see the new baby panda

Cristi - thanks for the b-day and christmas cards--I keep telling everyone at work that when I start with the hot flashes that I am going to spontaneously combust because I am always hot any way--everyone complains they are cold at work (except during HF's) and I usually have my fan running...

I went and did my Slim-n-tone workout tonight--I am trying to go at least 3 times a week, it's supposed to be record cold temps tonight and another snow storm coming in again on Thursday night--a few years ago the whole winter was a series of weekend snowstorms--there was about two months straight that the only bare ground we saw was where it was shoveled or plowed...hope it's not going to be that bad this year but it's looking like it might. Wooley bear caterpillars predicted a mild winter--keep hoping that the are right.

Is there a special time that everyone goes to chat? every time i stop in there's nobody home....
Old 12-13-2005, 11:08 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Well, I almost always do individuals, but am going to pass tonight. We were just now able to get on the internet for some reason, and I'm too bushed to think straight.

Makenzie's preschool program was tonight, and she was so cute. No bias here at all, lol.

Take care and I'll try to do better tomorrow.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:14 AM   #14  
Give me strength

Hey all,,,
half frozen here,,,found the zoo tickets and went,,,stood outside singing my lil ol heart out freezing. I left once to get hot choc. (I didn't know the song and well didn't like it all that much,,,couldn't pronounce some of the words)
Just had alot of fun...I was so cold and once point I couldn't pronounce the words,,,sounded like I had all SHH for S's Rachel, one of the ladies next to me almost well did something in your pants laughing so hard...which got me going which got another lady going,,,it got kinda bad there for a moment...lol I had the giggles so bad...
Michelle,,,thats great that you are doing your workouts even though your dogs are barking(feet hurt)
well I should get to bed,,,night ladies
Old 12-14-2005, 02:33 AM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Speaking of the cute things kids do....My grandson called his aunt and started singing Feliz Navidad (spelled wrong I am sure..) And he was doing quite well at the words until she started singing back at him in English saying "I want to wish you a Merry Christmas" very loudly. He got real quiet and said "good-bye" and hung up. She is still laughing about it.
On my birthday he called me and started singing "Happy Birthday" After a few words he said "oh, I am too embaressed" and hung up on me. LOL
He is 5. And the cutest 5 year old...as if I am not biased.

Trying to get my gifts all together tomorrow and might even get our little tree out and decorate a bit. We are not in the mood or ready for the holidays...but they are upon us. Still waiting to hear if we are getting company for Christmas. If so I will make fudge and some party mix. Want to fix a turkey breast and the trimmings also.
Today we mailed the house plans to the builder and should be ready to go by Spring. Here I was at the P.O. and forgot stamps. Grrrrr. Wanted to go to Target for a couple gift cards and we both totally forgot. THAT is why we usually have post-its on the kitchen counter or sometimes on the steeriing wheel..LOL If we don't make lists we are pretty much lost. I have a list for tomorrow, now if I don't forget the list. I think I am the oldest member here, so you youngsters don't know what I am talking about, huh?

I will be back tomorrow and finally do individuals..if I don't forget!!!
Closed Thread