Old 12-06-2005, 03:05 PM   #1  
Mommy9802

Smile Slimmin SAHMmies 2!!!!!!!!

Well here we go ladies!! Lets keep the posting up....and when it gets too long, again we will start over!

Just a recap this board is for SPECIAL ladies who are StayAtHomeMommies.....who are looking to change there lifes and become more healthy for ourselfs!!! Good luck EVERYONE!!

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:13 PM   #2  
Scale Addict

Aunt Flo is visiting with a vengeance today. She showed up yesterday and I've been miserable. I couldn't motivate myself to exercise yesterday either, I've been trying to do so today but instead I'm curled up under the comforter on the laptop while the girls play in the next room.
modemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:33 PM   #3  

Nice to find you guys. My son is almost 8 months old (where does the time go?)
I have at the moment, 100 to lose. Not sure how things will go because insurance is an issue right now and I dont have any of my script left (for my sugars, I'm not a diabetic).
Well, I better go. The baby is asleep which means its the house's turn for attention...
numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:22 PM   #4  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Julie,
FLO is here too..and I hate every minute of it. I'm sure my family does too. God knows, I'm not the easiest person to live with.

I left a post on the Slimmin Sahmies first site so if anyone wants to go back and skim through it, please do. I have a little problem with my children I am willing to take any advice that anyone can give me.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default New Digs!!

So - we are moved!! COOL! New start for us all..

Alisha - Doin' great! How's your neck of the woods? I'm gonna lose this week!!!! I can feel it!

Cindy - Hey there! Hope all is well.

Ashley - It's ok. You will get there. Welcome - we are so happy that you are here! Lean on us!

Chris - Be consistant, that's the only advice I have. If they know you'll cave, you're a gonner!!!

Julie - Hope you have a great day.

I am tired tonight. But I am working out!! I'll check in later!
carafre

Oh - I am 5'1 - REALLY short!!!!!
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:17 AM   #6  
Focus on the Process

OOHHHHH! Height check!

I'm 5 ft 8 in.

I've been typing out my notes for my Business final and another exam. My wrist is sore and I think I'm just going to drag myself to bed and sleep the rest of the night off and hope tomorrow goes better than it did today. I was sooo stressed out by life and my little children, that I binged BIG TIME! Tomorrow is a new day and I'm starting right back up. I'm going to keep trying until I get this weight loss thing right.

I'm trying to be consistent with my kiddos but it is easier said than done. I know when I get super frustrated I should just walk away and take 10. I'm worse then a kid in some ways. I'll try harder tomorrow. I got my prescriptions all refilled today so maybe it will help too if I get all my little pills down my throat daily. I did go to my rheumatologist today and now I'm being referred to a podiatrist too. Something is aching in my foot and its not my arthritis. Darn it! It really really is hard to get older. Next it will be bi-focal glasses and support hose.

~chris
Old 12-07-2005, 10:40 AM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

Good morning all! I like our new digs, very spiffy!

Julie: I've never heard the term Aunt Flo, that's hilarious! I usually just say "my monthly friend", not very original. Ha, I'll have to remember that! Anyway, hope you are feeling better.

Chris: I wish I had advice for you, but my little guy is younger than yours, he's a boy not a girl, and he's only one child. So there is no experience for me to draw on to give you advice! But I understand how frustrated you must be with your hubby's responses. He probably just doesn't know what exactly to tell you. Maybe you could sit down with him one night and tell him, point blank, you're out of ideas and you wondered if he might have any suggestions at all. The two of you could brainstorm ideas and maybe come up with something to try. Good luck, keep us posted.

Carafre, you exercisin' fool! Way to go!

Ashley: Welcome to our little thread! Congrats on the weight loss so far, you're doing awesome! What sort of plan (if any) are you following? Keep it up, and keep checking in with us! We're great motivators, and I'll bet you're a great motivator too since you've already lost so much.

Amanda: Haven't seen you in a couple days. How's Christian doing? I'm sure he's just overly excited about the holidays. After the new year, things should settle down for him. How are you doing?

As for me, I'm hanging in there. I'll be going to TN on Saturday for the last time. Our movers are coming next Thursday and we'll come back here with the felines until our house closes a few days later. I just want it to be over!

Talk to you later!

C
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:42 AM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Holiday plans

So, does anyone have any fun holiday plans? Such as travelling, throwing a party, etc. I love to hear what other people do during Christmas, or Hannakuh, or Yule, or whatever you celebrate.

Since we'll be in a new house this year, we're going to start a new tradition. We were thinking of getting a living tree, but we looked at them the other day and they were a little small. So I think we'll get a small one and instead of decorating it in the house we'll just go straight to planting it outside and decorate it for the birds and squirrels (popcorn, nuts, berries). Then each year we'll do the same thing. We've got a lot of woods on our property, so a new tree every year won't look out of place.

What are you and your family doing?
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:28 PM   #9  
Focus on the Process

Cynthia-New house? That is awesome. We've only been in ours for 2 yrs now. It's not new but its big and that's what counts when you got little people running all over the place. Is this your first house?

Okay ladies. I feel a bit better about today. I got some sleep and Nicole is acting a ton better today. THank God! I have another headache and am dizzy again. My head is all stuffed up and my sinuses ache but I'm trying not to take any sinus meds until tonight, or I'll be snoozing on the couch and Nicole will be a queen for the day doing whateve she wanted. (psst...not a good plan).

Christmas traditions? My world is full of chaos for the holidays. I have my dad to visit, my family, and my husband's family. IT's hard to get everyone crammed in so that they don't get their feelings hurt but it is soo hard each year. Christmas Eve, we spend at my Dad's house. Christmas Day is the hustle time. My family always wants to see my oldest daughter early, but this year I'm not rushing myself. I'm going to take care of my family at home, then get my oldest daughter to her dad's house for the rest of the day. After we drop her off, we're going to eat dinner with my husband's family. Well, we'll probably have to go get his sister. She just had major foot surgery (she's diabetic and had part of her foot removed). Later in the evening, we can visit my family. I do get an extra task this year. I also am taking my brother and SIL to the airport on Christmas so they can fly down to Arizona to be with my SIL's family.

I wish I had a tradition to pass down to my kids, but the closet we come is that I buy my girls and my husband a new ornament each year for Christmas. My grandma did it for us when we were growing up and by the time we all left the house, we had ornaments for our own Christmas Tree.

~chris
Old 12-07-2005, 04:45 PM   #10  
Mommy9802

Smile Good Afternoon

Good Afternoon Ladies! How is everyone doing? Good? Well i am happy to say that i completed day one on my couch to 5k journey. And it was kinda hard...mostly just get back into running, its been so long. But i did it, plus i did Taebo

Cara: Not much here just trying to get back on track.....its been hard though...i have wanted to break my diet so much since i have started but i just sticked to it......and hopefully i will continue, that way i can make my goal by New Years Day!

Cynthia: Have fun with your new house! I am so happy for you and your family!! I personally don't have any holiday plans....actually i am celebrating Christmas on the day after Christmas because see my son Cameron is biologically not mine so he is going to his "real" mothers house and we will get him back late Christmas Day...and we really want to see there faces when they walk into the room and see all the presents. Its really hard during the holidays. But i guess there is nothing we can do...oh well atleast he is still young, and he still believes in Santa so we willl just tell him that Santa is coming to our house on Sunday night.....hopefully it works......

Chris: I totally no what you are going through....my little boy is 3 years old....and i am having such a hard time with him listening to me, sometimes i debate calling Nanny 911. Its so hard being consistant........just stick with it....TRUST me i know its hard.......

Julie: Don't stress not working out, you can take a day off or two i don't think it will hurt.....don't give up.

Ashley: to our Group. I really hope you find the support you are looking for here, and i think you will, these ladies are a GREAT bunch of supporters!! Good luck with your goals, and congrats on the wieght lost so far!!

Well ladies i am going to jump off here i will chat with you all later! Have a great night!!

Alisha
Old 12-07-2005, 06:59 PM   #11  
Scale Addict

I'm feeling much better, too bad I can't stay away from salt. I'm so swollen today.

Alisha, congrats on starting C25K I'm going to repeat a Week 2 day before I try to move on to Week 3.

Chris, glad you are feeling better. My sinuses always bug this time of year. Have you tried tylenol sinus non-drowsy?

Cynthia, We go to my parents house for Christmas breakfast and gift opening. We let the grandparents spoil the girls, and we don't buy much because they have too much already lol.
modemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:19 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

Julie-I do use Tylenol allergy-sinus. Amazingly enough, I get drowsy on that too. I'm like my mom-Very senstive to medicines. I could take a child's dose and still wanna sleep. I'm kind of wondering if I have a sinus infection. My head hurts all in the front. The back feels fine but my cheeks, eyes, nose and upper teeth are just hurting. I so want to take a pill but my darling man called and he won't be home for a couple hours. Sears is so nice ...he got 4 service calls yesterday, and 17 today. Plus he has 3 service calls to do this evening after her gets home from his regular work.

ALisha-I've often thought about the Nanny too. I bet the woman would be horrified! Do you ever wonder if the kids actually remain better after the show is done or do you think they turn back to their usual selves????

I'll have to download some pics of my babies so you can see my girls. They all have such different personalities. You can tell by looking at em.

Back to the homework. I've done some accounting, and alot of my Computer class homework. Next in line for the evening-Typing up some business notes for my tests and then I think I'll end my long evening with my Accounting test. Wooooo!! After that, I'll throw myself face first into my pillow and no one will hear a peep outta me til morning. Tomorrow is my day to work. I'll be stuck in the printing room making labels for my dad.

~chris
Old 12-07-2005, 09:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Chris - You are so busy!! Do you ever get "you" time? I do at bedtime!!

Alisha - GO GIRL!!! You are crazy!!

Cindy - Well, on Christmas Eve we will make cookies for Santa! I will let the kids open one small present. We will watch Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer & then put the kiddies to bed so we can assemble a few presents! Oh - I forgot... the one tradition I will carry on is telling Santa to leave a letter for the kids talking about the special things they've done so well!! I always got a letter from Santa on Christmas telling me a few things that were nice to hear... " you were so nice to help your mother clean, how wonderful it is to make your own bed - along those lines!!! Anyway - those are things that I want special memories of!!!

carafre
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:00 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

Carafre-Maybe that's what I should do is write a letter to my kids. Maybe that would encourage them to do more and be more helpful. In answer to your questions...Naw, I don't get much "Me" time in at all. That's probably why I'm so stressed all the time. I'm trying to get all my stuff done for school. The semester ends on the 14th. After that I'll have a little free time for about a month. Then its back to the races.

I'm going now. I've been doing homework all day and my wrist feels like its going to fall off. Need to rest the little typing fingers a tad I guess. See you gals in the morning.

~chris
Old 12-07-2005, 11:11 PM   #15  
Mommy9802

Smile Good Evening

Good Evening Gals! Just wanted to check back in real quick.....

Chris: Honestly i think all the time about if the kids on those shows stay the same? I don't know....sometimes the REALLY bad ones i find it hard to believe that they turned around that quickly...you know?

Cara: Crazy....who me??

Julie: Good luck with getting back to the Couchto5k!!

Well ladies i am going to jump off here...have a great night, i will talk with you all tomorrow!!

Alisha