Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-06-2005, 11:50 PM   #1  

Smile Where the Heck have I been??

Hey every one. I am FINALLY healed. Well almost. I have an incision about 3 inches long and 1/2 cm deem and 1cm wide. NO more wound vac. I have been dressing the wound my self for about 2 weeks. and I finally got to go back to work .. wooo hooooo . I am walking every day about 1 1/2 miles. except Saturdays.. I rest that day.. I dont think Ive ever had so much energy. I feel like this carrot LOL .. I have had a lot of things going on with my daughter and lifes been a little stressful.. but Ill make it.. Im gonna be her daily now as I am finally taking time out for me..
JustPeachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:53 AM   #2  
unemployed karma fairy

S/C/G: 245/146/149

Height: 5'5"

That sounds great, Peachy. I think one thing this surgery taught me is that I definitely need a little "me" time, and that it's OK to take it.

So glad your incision's healing. I know my little ones are itching like ****'s fire but I know that just means they're healing. AUGGGGH!
indigo child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:43 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

i'm so proud of you two!!! and impressed!!! glad to see you back, peachie. you look and sound fabulous!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #4  

Peachy and Indigo, congratulations. You are both making super progress!

Peachy, the walking is probably the best thing you can do. At around 230 pounds, I started a walking program -- maybe 20 minutes during my lunch. Now I am a 7-day-a-week exerciser (cardio, step, stability ball, Pilates, weights -- you name it) and in the best shape of my life. But it all started with the walking. I proved it is literally true that the longest journey begins with but a single step!

Best wishes to you, and to you as well, Indigo, on your journey to health.
DancingAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:51 PM   #5  

thanks so so much for the compliments .. I feel awesome and this is my first picture ever I put on line . Im happy with the walking so far. and now if I miss a day .. OH MY.. I feel like I forgot someting.. any ways.. this is the best place for support you are all so awesome.. see ya soon..
have a great day everyone..
JustPeachie is offline   Reply With Quote