Old 12-06-2005, 06:02 PM   #1  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Arrow So you want to hug a hippo...

What the heck is she talking about?

This thought popped into my head last night when lying in bed with my fiance. He likes to sleep with his arms around me at night, to be honest he likes to have his arms around me all the time . I get so self conscious when he puts his arms around me at night that eventually, after he falls asleep, I push his hands off me. I get paranoid that his arms/hands are right on my belly (my nemesis) and the thought that he will somehow all of a sudden realize that I'm big and leave me. Completely irrational right? I'm not saying that is an instant thought that I have but I dwell on the issue so much and it builds and drives me crazy. Sometimes when I'm putting on makeup, doing my hair, or just looking in the mirror (I'm cute, so shoot me ), he'll come up behind me and put his arms around my waist (or where one will be *positive thinking*) and I immediately put his hands on my hips (which I lurrvve!) instead... I think this all comes from my tummy being such a sore spot for me. But last night as I was about to throw his hands off me, I got to thinking about all the intimacy I miss out on because of my insecurities and left him where he was.

My weight loss has had its ups and downs since I started in October. In November, I decided to take measurements monthly to maybe be able to see some progress when the scale wasn't helping. Well, this morning I took my measurements again and guess what! Progress! I've lost 2.5 inches EACH from my bust, chest, and abdomen (yep, the gut). So in one month I've lost 7.5 inches total and in two months lost 13 pounds. I guess it's a little easier than it used to be for him to hug me and hold me. Talk about a motivator. Here's to even better numbers in the future.

P.S. Please don't misconstrue my posts as implying that I ridicule myself. It's not that. I just wanted to comment on a silly insecurity of mine to maybe hear some of ya'lls. I have good self-esteem that mingles with the awareness that I can work on myself to be even better. The title of this thread (So you want to hug a hippo) just popped in my head, it is not intended to reflect my feelings for myself rather is intended as an eyecatcher. Anywho, thanks for listening!
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:19 PM   #2  
Obsessed with Johnny Depp

Awww! My husband likes to do the same thing! Looks like a Giraffe getting intimate with an elephant! He's so TALL and THIN and well I'm not all that short, 5'9, but I am fat! We're total opposites. Talk about something that keeps you self concious!

I am on the road to becoming a healthier person like you! I don't keep track of inches, cause I don't have a measuring tape. I am weighing though! And even an ounce gone makes me SOO happy. Cause I know it was easy putting that ounce on, but it was hard as **** getting that ounce off. So some progress is better then NO progress!

I on the other hand have horrible selfesteem issues and I am constantly getting on someones nerves if I call myself fat. Not exactly sure why, it's the cold hard truth, and I don't lie to myself. There is a skinny girl that is trying her best to get through

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! YOU'LL BE THIN BEFORE YOU KNOW IT.

Then we will look back on all this and laugh
badassgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:26 PM   #3  
for me, for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassgrl
Awww! My husband likes to do the same thing! Looks like a Giraffe getting intimate with an elephant! He's so TALL and THIN
That's so funny cause my sweetie is a giraffe himself, very tall and very thin. At least we're not short, that'd just be too much opposite! Anyway, I like being just enough shorter than him to be able to look up at him a bit. Congrats on your progress. Keep it up!
Old 12-06-2005, 08:37 PM   #4  
Obsessed with Johnny Depp

If you have MSN and would like to chat some time my user name is [email protected]
badassgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:57 AM   #5  

I started at 262 pounds and now I'm 207. My dh came up to me yesterday and put his arms around my waist and said "you're so tiny and skinny I'm so proud of you!" It was a really nice moment. He couldn't get his arms around me before, he's 5'7'' and I'm 5'4'' so we're both quite short.

I was pretty excited when I discovered my waist, it was whilst being measured by my trainer, and he squealed "I can find your waist, there it is! You were just a beach ball before", it's a wonder I don't have more of a complex about my body than I do, with all these comments!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:34 AM   #6  

kykaree,
Congratulations on your 55 pound weight loss.
Sometimes husbands know just the right thing to say.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:38 PM   #7  
for me, for them

Kykaree, wow. That's impressive. Keep up the good work. Hopefully I'll find mine smaller soon.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:22 PM   #8  
for me, for them

Oop! Sorry badassgrl, I missed that. I don't have MSN, but I do use yahoo messenger often. You can PM me also anytime!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:37 PM   #9  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

That's great kykaree. I love hearing things like that. Keep up the good work.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:58 PM   #10  
Krista

i get what you are talking about. my hubby always is doin the you are so sexy thing and for the longest time i just thought "what kind of a bonehead are you cant you see im fat?" after all im shaped like a marshmellow with toothpick arms & legs! but not long ago i realised that to him I really am sexy. and thats really cool. well just thought i would throw that in.
babs2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:28 PM   #11  
for me, for them

Thanx Krista. It's nice when we have the realization that they really do find us sexy, isn't it? When I get down, at least I know I have my sweetie in my corner thinking that I am the most desirable woman who can accomplish anything I put my mind to!