Thread: Christmas...
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 04:08 PM   #11
FrouFrou
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

ANGIE--I bet you were GREAT! One day I would love to hear you sing and see some of those plays!

MARYKATE--I too love all Christmas music! I made a tape a few years ago of some of my favs but think it is time to make a couple of CD's!

POOHSHUNNY--I did that for a few years...gave the kids a new ornament each year. It is a nice tradition that I too hope they pass on to their children when and if they have any.

MICHELLE--how sweet. I never would have thought to do that but what a memory. I have a friend that cooks tamales on Christmas day. We (the kids & I) spent the day with her and her family and man can they make some good ones!

JANE--yes, Martin McBrides Christmas CD is a good one! We saw her Christmas concert 3 years ago, same year we saw Mannheim Steamroller, within a month of each other and boy was it good! I love they way she sings period but the Christmas songs are wonderful. You would have loved the concert though, as would your DGD's. the beginning of it she talked, sang a couple of kid'ish songs and then asked the kids to come up on stage and she read a story and sang to them. She had her DD's there also, along with the rest of her family of course but the DD's were on stage with her, little Emma was so cute! After that she changed and got serious. If you ever have the chance to see the Christmas concert I definitely recommend it.

Of course I too LOVE the season! Love the decorating, the food, the music, wrapping gifts, not so much the shopping! I so enjoy driving around the neighborhoods looking at all the lights! I've done that since I was little and since the kids were small. It's such a magical time for me!