Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-05-2005, 09:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 312/288/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Long Term effects

Does anyone know of the longterm effects of WLS. I can't seem to find any information on this topic
debo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:38 AM   #2  
unemployed karma fairy

S/C/G: 245/146/149

Height: 5'5"

I think that's because there's still very little to go on. Persons who had this surgery done 25-30 years ago had more radical procedures which produced some real nutritional deficiencies, but now, with some of the more modified procedures, it's going to be another 20-30 years before we know the full picture.

Face it, girls. We *are* the guinea pigs.
indigo child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/232/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Deborah, I don't know if I'm considered long term but I will be happy to tell you about being 5 years post op. I had my VBG in 2000. I kept 115 lbs off until I became pregnant in Sept 2002. To deal with nausea I needed to have something in my tummy always. I allowed myself to eat junk and used pregnancy as an excuse to eat. This became a habit after the baby and I have gained 50 lbs. I just got into bad habits. My tummy is still tiny and intact but I managed to eat little bits of crappy food throughout the day. Also I did no excercise whatsoever. Now I am just eating my small meals and not snacking. But I have had no health problems, I had a healthy baby girl and my tummy is still small.
Regards,

Susan
swingirl is offline   Reply With Quote