Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 08:18 PM   #1  

Question what is Everyone's Goal By Christmas???

Hi all what is everyone's goal by Christmas???????

Mine is to be 250 by then but if not i won't get down long as i keep losing :-)
Old 09-05-2001, 08:18 AM   #2  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Happy! Welcome to the group! It's quiet around here at the moment, hopefully everyone'll come and post here as the daily thread ...

My Christmas goal? Hmm. I think mine is to be under 200 and staying there ... I made it down to 198 a couple of months ago, but I've let it slip since then and put on 9lbs (eek!). So I'm not thinking about anything except getting back in control, for the moment at least.

Helloooooooo everyone else!!! Annie/Buttons, I remember you! Welcome back!

I am working at home today, we went to the Register Office this morning to register for the wedding so now it's all official and they gave us the info to start thinking about the ceremony - what music, readings, vows etc we want. It's so exciting!

Tonya, before I forget, that's a gorgeous photo, you and your daughter both look beautiful. And very similar!!!

Will come back later so POST AWAY!!!

love
Lxxx

ps:- is anybody up for meeting me in Kansas in October? I know my schedule now, so e-mail me on [email protected] if think you're up for it
Old 09-05-2001, 09:11 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Welcome Happy.

Hmmm, A christmas goal?? Well, initially I foolishly wanted to be at goal by november. But I am a slow loser so that won't happen... I haven't thought about Christmas yet, but I wanted to be at 190 by November 2, when I go on vacation. Maybe for Christmas I will say 180. That's a lot, but I can strive for it!!! I will be happy if I am 190 tho!!!

Lolly... have fun with the wedding planning. Looking back, there are so many things I would do differently. Too bad I can't do it all over again... but I don't think hubby would approve of that!!!
Old 09-05-2001, 09:27 AM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, I was dong so well yestarday on food and I went out to dinner and got a really healthy, low point dinner but then I ate a ton of bread and butter. The food took so long ot come and it just happened. So today I am really trying to stick to a good point value.

It is so hard to not eat too much when you are PG. Plus, I am feeling so huge but there is not much I can do about it now except not over do it for the rest of the pg.

Belle: That is exciting about maybe moving in with BF, but I would also watch it. Maybe with the way he can at times be hot and cold it might be prudent to retain your own space as a "Belle-zone" just in case you need the space. I don't mean to but my nose in, but I worry about you all. Sorry mom and dad are fighting.

Jen: I KNOW you will do great for your December and November goals! YOu are doing so well and I bet the working out will really be a benefit!

Lori: How hard to have to talk to people about touchy subjects like that...but I bet you are a great, sympthetic dr for them. Glad you had a good time at the wedding...

Lolly: Wow, all registared. I am guessing that is like getting a licence here. I will e-mail you. I would love ot meet you in Oct, but will have to see if I can travel then. I will only be 7mo, so it should be ok. My g-ma etc lives right by there. BUt i would rather meet-up in San Fransisco (to bad I can nto get there right now). I love that city. You need to go to the Shabby Chic store in Pacific Heights! It is so beautiful!

Ok, hello to everyone else. Kim: how goes the home hunt?

Trish
Old 09-05-2001, 09:55 AM   #5  

Hi eveyrone! Weel my good intentions went out the dor after tha ladies left my house from a dinner meeting. I did well with lunch, snakc and dinner. but as soon as I was cleaning up, I ate pie. It was 8 points. Then more cookies and the damn icing off a cupcake! It wasn't even that good and I knew it but I ate it anyway I was very annoyed with myself but today is a new day. I think I have 5 pounds to lose to get back within my 2 pound WW lifetime limit. I am afriad to go to WI on Sat so I will probably go next Fri. I am a wimp but I don't want to have to pay.

I brought a good lunch today - 9 points. But I had 1/2 a bagle with a little cream cheese at work. I know it was stupid since I am going out to dinner tonight at a fabulous Italian restaurant. I know what I am going to order - pasta primavera with a no-oil marninara sauce. I order it once before and it was delicious! But they have good bread too and I eat too much of that. On the positive side, I threw out the last cupcake and brought the leftover pies to work and they are already gone!!! (vultures!)

I don't know what my goal is for Xmas. If I an not PG by then, I would like to be between 157 and 159. I would prefer to be PG though

Tonya - I love your haircut. you and your daughter look beautiful!! I got my hair chopped on Sat, kind of like Carol Vessy on ED.

Jen - I am a slow loser too which is why it took me 18 months to lose 35 pounds. Nothing wrong with that as long as you keep it off!

Happy - Welcome!! Great goal, you can do it!

Lolly - How exciting to register for the wedding! It is getting closer!!

Trish- what has your Dr said to you about traveling when PG? I was asked to chair my high school reunion in April and it is in Tennessee. If I get PG, I am wondering how late I can still trael. At this rate if I got PG my 1st try, I would no have a baby before end of June.

Come out and post everyone. I have too much time on my hands at work!!!

Sarah
Old 09-05-2001, 10:22 AM   #6  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Sarah: on the pg travel thing. First trimester I was on bed rest, but I think you can travel (but some feel too sick to do anything and you can be very very (can I stress very) tired!). Second trimester I think is when most people say it is optimum to travel. I went to the beach for a week and it was great. You can fly but not in a small unpressurised plane (anything commerical would be fine). The airlines need a dr note to travel after 6 mo I think. I would like to go see lolly when I am 7 mo. I would drive but I will have ot ask. I think it all depends on what the dr says at that point. anyway, you would have to stop and pee a lot I would think. Anyway, that is what I know. I think April might be ok as long as all is going well with your pg at that time. Getting PG wishes your way....
Old 09-05-2001, 10:34 AM   #7  

Traveling while PG... I flew A LOT when I was 2-3 months PG. Almost every weekend for 4-5 weeks straight I was on a plane for work. It was aweful! I had to take some commuter flights and the up and down made me sick... and normally it doesn't. I was told after 7 months you need to restrict travel and after 8 no flying at all (although I have seen it!) I flew again when I was about 5 1/2 months and it is hard. Get an aisle seat for sure and bring some food that won't make you nauseous. Oh and don't forget that in the 3rd trimester, you get more tired again and more achey.

Trish, if you plan to drive a long ways at 7 months, be prepared to be uncomfortable. I know that I didn't like driving more than an hour after 7 months because the seat belts didn't fit, my back would ache and I always had to potty every 5 minutes. Plus always being hungry! I hope you can see Lolly tho! I wish I could, but I don't think I can swing it this time!!

Sarah, good luck getting PG... it's fun! But if it takes a bit, don't get discouraged. That is completely normal!!!
Old 09-05-2001, 12:25 PM   #8  
Bono Fanatic!

Hi everyone! I haven't been around in a while, but I hope no one forgot about me! I am leaving today for Las Vegas and San Diego but will check back next week when I return. I am so excited for a vacation!!

Happy - Welcome to our group! It is a great place to come for laughs and for support. Everyone is at different stages in their weight loss journey so I'm sure you'll find what you need here!

Jen - I thought about you this weekend. I stayed at my friend's cabin in Wisconsin (about 20 miles north of the Dells) and wondered how close I was to you!

Sarah - How do you like your new haircut? Was it long before? I have wanted to get mine chopped off but haven't found the nerve yet!

Lolly - How exciting to start planning your wedding! Keep us posted!

Trish - Try not to worry too much about the points. It sounds like overall you are very aware of what you are eating so I'm sure you will be fine. Let me know if you decide to meet Lolly in Oct. Kansas isn't that far for me either!

Have a great day everyone!
Jen
Old 09-05-2001, 12:37 PM   #9  

Jen, you were pretty close to me. We stayed in Eau Claire which is 2 hours from where I live. We then drove the St. Paul to see the MN State Fair. We stayed in EC because it was cheaper and hubby went to school there so he knew the area. We just wanted to get away and it worked!!!
Old 09-05-2001, 01:54 PM   #10  

Hi Everyone I've been lax about posting again... shame on me. I have been pretty busy tho. I've been in NY at my family's. I can't believe that Labor Day weekend has come and gone... geez. Time is just flying by way too fast.

Lolly... when and where will you be in the US?? I missed the post about that and couldn't find it when I looked.

Buttons... welcome back! Glad you came back to us.

Tonya... loved the picture of you and your daughter. She looks so much like you!

Hope you all had a great holiday weekend and aren't working too hard on this short week
Old 09-05-2001, 02:03 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Oh, man, I gained a pound

'Course, it's not like I've been counting points or anything. So I suppose I deserve it. And I'm sure it didn't help that I went out for Mexican food for lunch right after WI! My willpower is completely shot ... my sister promises me she's going to make me eat healthy all weekend.

I WAS going to leave work early today to drive to Connecticut, stay with my grandmother overnight, and then continue to Vermont, where my sister lives, tomorrow. But I'm not going to get everything done at work, unfortunately, and unless I can be on the road by 4, there's no sense in driving tonight. It's a solid 8-hour trip, unless you hit traffic in New Jersey and in NYC, then it's longer. Plus, I'm already tired from being up late working on a story so I could take a few days of vacation! So I'll leave in the morning, spend a few hours and have dinner with with my grandmother, and then drive up to Vermont tomorrow night. It's SO difficult to go on vacation. So many things to finish. Right now, I'm sure I'm blowing off at least 10 stories. I'll do them later!

Although I'm stressed about still not having a new place to live, I think I really need to get away for a few days. And what better place than New England, which always makes me feel better, since it's the area I'm from. I think the housing thing will work out ... we've put in applications for 2 houses and hopefully we'll hear something very soon.

Well, I better get some work done.
Old 09-05-2001, 02:06 PM   #12  
A Yankee in Virginia

p/s Welcome Happy, welcome back Buttons and JenK!
Old 09-05-2001, 03:26 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone,

Nice to see everyone that I remember is still around! That is very comforting.

Christmas Goal....Boy that seems so far away. I would like to be a solid 140 pounds. 10 pounds gone. I know it will be hard b.c of the Holidays but if I start now I can do it.

I managed to go to the gym yesterday and work out for 40 minutes, then I did some situps and weight machines. The best thing I could have done was pack my gym bag last night so this morning it wasn't even a question of me going or not tonight. I grabbed my bag and now I am set for after work.

Today was tough eating b/c I am pmsy and I just want junk, fast food. I have been living on TGI Fridays Sesame Jack strips for lunch for several weeks Anyone every have those???? Delicious!

Thanks for all the hello's - Hello back to you all! Kim wait to travel till tomorrow the traffice is terrible in NJ - especially today with the kids going back to school. Rest up and travel tomorrow.

Hope everyone's day is going good

Anne
Old 09-05-2001, 06:12 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Thanks for the advice, Anne!

I did decide to wait until tomorrow to drive up. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I usually don't hit traffic until NJ!

Whatever Sesame Jack strips are, they sound yummy!

Well, I think I found a place to live. Actually, two. I've been offered one and told another was mine as long as everything checks out, which I know it will. Both aren't perfect, but at least I won't be homeless.

It would be so much easier to own a house!
Old 09-06-2001, 09:59 AM   #15  

Thanks for all the kind words about my picture!

My goal for Christmas is to be back down to my personal goal weight of 135. I have 10 pounds to go. Hopefully my walking every night, and back journalling will do it!

Then, the hardest part will be maintenence. It's a lifelong journey, isn't it?@?!?!
Closed Thread