Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 07:46 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #153

To the Jaded Ladies!

We're a friendly group that provides support in our weight loss journey, and we also share the ups and downs of our daily lives. Please pull up a chair and join us.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:14 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Hello!!

Wow, slow day today? Hope everyone is busy having fun!

Susan--Panda Express sounds good! I've only ate there maybe twice. Thank you for clarifying what the initials stood for!! Your ASSistant would drive me crazy! She does realize that she's YOUR assistant?

Jane--I Have watched that show "Lost it" I like that one too. I don't watch it very often so I always tend to forget when it's on. I think it's on too early in the morning for me to catch it. As for the biggest loser...I was floored by how all the contestants looked for the reunion!! They all lost so much and looked great (except one) I think this group lost more than the first group. It was amazing and inspiring.

Katy--Hope you get more time to chat!

EM--Hope you figured out how to change your ticker.

Hello to Cristi, Angie, Sue, Marykate, Michelle and all the rest of the girls!!

Not much going on in my neck of the woods. I need to get myself on the gazelle.

Hugs to you all!
Old 12-01-2005, 04:36 PM   #3  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Hi Ladies

It has been trying to snow all day, Today I get to stay home
Met my Dh for lunch then to deposit my last check from my old job looks like Xmas is going to be sparse this year, but thats ok.

Em: I see you taking belly danicing how long have you been dancing? Did you go to zainas belly dancin crown in Vancouver? (contest)Have you met Halima from Tacoma she sells and makes costumes for larger dancers? Who is your teacher? I dance with cassiopea and Farhia I see your from Salem i grew up in Woodburn but now live in Washington. so many of us are practicaly neighbors.

Christir was it Marti? I still see your insisting on naming me....lol

susan:What is up with all the drama? I do not envy you one little bit, I cannot handle confrontation at all, it is way to stressful for me, i cannot imagine how you fell the toll it takes on you not to mention your family, my DH would of gone there and raised cain for me.

Jane: your desciptions are ummm you leave no room for the imagination

Marti:e-mail me some enchiladas, yum yumand i'll send you some homemade tamales W/O calories

And a hi to everyone i hope I didnt miss anybody, i have t go prepare and work on my outline for tonight, thats if we still have class......let it snow let it snow
Michelle
Old 12-01-2005, 04:47 PM   #4  
I wanna be a page 5 girl

Just a quick check in and subscribe really quick. I'm off to excercise! I hope today is going wonderful for all you ladies! I'll write more this evening.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:10 PM   #5  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Marti: you slipped in and posted and i thought i was going to be first...... I did watch the biggest looser, can you believe how suzy's friends treated her at the resurant, come on just taste the peanut sauce all you have to do is stick your fork in it.....well you it was just one little bite for me too and it does hurt. when she got up and left the table i wanted to cry for her.....I think they were at a Thai resturaurnt when i'am watching my weight more so i order the salad wraps, ( but red curries are my fav....)mattes friends to where all wanting him to take a shot they wouldnt leave the old man dead they wanted a resurection of there old party dude, I felt bad for him too.....
I also watch *I lost it* too. but I think i have seen them all, I watch fit tv it keeps me motivated and focused.

I never eaten at panda express there building one right across the street of wal-mart......do they serve low cal food steamed vegtables?
ok i better stop procastinationg and go do my work.....I can really let the hours slip away when i'am here
Old 12-01-2005, 05:15 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

mmmm, McChicken man just brought me some more sandwiches!!! I gobbled down 2 real fast - so hungry.

Better go but just wanted to share my good fortune with someone!!

The drama is that she wanted the job and has a live in relationship with the other manager. She doesn't take direction well and bolts when told to be here on time. That is where it started - I noticed she was showing up late and finally confronted her on it. Went through 2 HR meetings until this last one when she started saying I was lying and yesterday escalated where she is saying " I don't want to talk to you " And "I am going to bully"..........

anyway, we are in the process of firing her.

Panda Express has rice/fried rice/ or chow mein. I always pick chow mein and veggies with chicken. soooooo good.

best get!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 12-01-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:16 PM   #7  
I wanna be a page 5 girl

Hi Marti & Michelle
The grand total loss is 5 pounds. I can't believe it. I did 20 minutes of callanetics. Its so boring & blah but man I love the workout.

Michelle to answer your question, Yes I have taken classes in Vancouver - once. I can't remember her name. Taught out of her home, in a big middle eastern inspired room with camel everything, had an asst. instructor who had blown out her knees from Hula..Had a little dog. All I can remember. Iilya was my instructor, and now I'm going to start classes with Beuosoleil. I'm hoping anyways. I've been out of the circuit for about 2 1/2 years now, babies and all..So just working my way back in. I've never performed. I'm too shy so far. I'm hoping losing some weight will give me a bit more confidence to get out there and try! As you know Some, (by no means the majority) bdancers only like dancing & watching with/at thinner dancers. I've always been very sub conscience of that.
My baby wants to fuss every spare moment I get. I'll keep writing when I get a chance.

EM
Old 12-01-2005, 07:22 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Susan - glad the ASSistant is on her way out. Gals like that always land on their feet, though. I thought Panda Express is a movie you and Gaby saw, lol.

Marti - most of the shows on Lost It are reruns. Not sure when they'll have new ones.

Michelle - did you get enough snow to cancel classes? We got a few flurries here, and I can hardly wait for some real snow.

Em - YAY for the 5 pound loss so far! I was wondering if you considered adding a smaller-goal ticker to your siggie, in addition to the 100 pound one? Like maybe a 20 pound one. Might be good for your moral. Just a thought.

I shopped today with Miss Madison. It's the 1st, and Walmart was so crowded. Didn't bother me, though. We met my niece Carol for lunch at Wendy's, and I had the chili. Yum. Gonna have some white chili with a buddy next week.

I still haven't wrapped any Christmas presents, and the poor tree looks so bare w/o any. Maybe tomorrow.

Hope you're having a good day.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:36 AM   #9  
a work in progress

Hiya ladies!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving -- we sure did. Day after we went to the Dickens Christmas Fair in San Francisco. http://www.dickensfair.com/ It was wonderful! They turned the inside of the Cow Palace (stupid name, but they hold the Grand National Rodeo there -- it's a huge building, they have lots of concerts and events there) into Charles Dickens' London, complete with winding streets, shops, performers, different stages with entertainment. There was a tea shop where we had afternoon tea, very elegant and formal...until about ten chimney sweeps came down the false chimney and barged in, covered with soot. They sang songs, chatted with us at our tables, posed for pictures, and generally drove the dainty tea shop waitresses crazy We loved it. I can see making this excursion a yearly tradition.

Got horribly sick over the weekend though -- sore throat, everything ached, fever. Dr. insisted on a strep culture, but the nurse said she'd been doing tons of them and they were all negative -- not strep, just a really bad virus going around. I was off work Mon-Wed this week, basically slept for three days. Was too sick to even make it to WW this last Saturday, and haven't been OP very well, gotta get back on track...

Susan, glad you won't have to deal with that royal pain much longer. And glad you resisted hiding sandwiches in your desk drawer for later!!!

EM, I'm one of the "Katies" around here My name is Mary Katherine, and I've posted on the net forever as Katiecat, but since there is a RosieKate here, too -- that's Katy and I'm Katie -- and Jane has a daughter Katie, I started signing my posts "Mary Kate". At least...some of the time...when I remember... So, welcome to yet another Kate!!! You mentioned in the last thread about simple living. I didn't do home birthing, but I did homeschool my boys for seven years, made bread, granola, jam, and fell in love with the Tightwad Gazette and Miserly Moms Loved your family pic! So funny, haven't heard the term "Irish twins" for a long time, heehee. Hubby and I went to Ireland in September, my pics are here if you ever get bored: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kateothelamp/my_photos

Michelle, I've wanted to take belly dancing forever, but have been just too intimidated, especially because of my size. I'm not only a curvy girl , but I'm a BIG girl too...about 5'10", sort of Amazonian (read: big, klutzy, and don't blend in well). I have a short curvy friend who has taken belly dancing and was trying to get me to take classes with her...maybe I will someday if I ever get the nerve. Oh, and I'll take some of those zero-calorie tamales, please I tried a really good casserole last night from Cooking Light, Chicken Chilquiles -- corn tortillas, salsa verde, fat free sour cream, low fat Mexican cheese, shredded chicken. mmmmmmmmmmm It was a hit, and really easy, so I'll post it in the recipe thread. Would be a good way to use up leftover turkey, too.

Marti, now you've got me wanting to go to craft fairs, too! My short bellydancing friend invited me to go with her Sunday morning to a fair. She's also been dragging me out every two weeks for a pedicure -- quite a big step for me, since I'm so hopelessly un-girly. So now I have pretty pink toenails, even if I can't figure out makeup or what the heck to do with my messy hair, and I live in jeans and t-shirts.

Jane, I'll be lucky if I can get my act together and get Christmas cards out this year. Wish I had your organization skills. Our living room is still kind of torn apart from moving 5 full bookcases into the spare room, but have one more floor-to-ceiling bookcase (full) that won't fit anywhere else in the house, and the TV has to stay somewhere near the cable hookup, and Tim wants to move the couch to the opposite wall, so hopefully it won't be too close to the fireplace...ack!!! So...if we can get all that arranged by this weekend, then maybe we can put up the tree next week. Now as for outside lights? Well, this is what I'd like to do, just to trip out the neighbors: http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=14019

Cristi, what's going on with your arm? I get to go back to the hand surgeon next week, oh yay. The doc that did the nerve conduction testing says she sees the start of carpal tunnel in my wrist, but the biggest problem is the radial tunnel up near my elbow, running across the top of my forearm. Index finger and thumb keep going numb, losing my grip, pain, etc. I don't want surgery, but I sure don't want cortisone shots, either, which they keep trying to push me into. What has the doctor been able to do for your arm so far?

OK, it's getting late...talk to you all soon...

Hugs,
Mary Kate
Old 12-02-2005, 01:08 AM   #10  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hey all,
WELCOME Em,,,till you decide what name you want...lol
My mom did the cloth diapers with my brother which ment me doing cloth diapers,,,and I was quick to say I didnt' want to with my boys. My youngest was almost a home birth...lol Made to the hospital bathroom.
And congrats on the 5 lbs loss...thats fantastic. I am one the WW (weight watcher) ladies...and so far am at 12 lbs loss. slowly coming down. I have 120 lbs to lose...like you Im big boned,,,no shrinking violet here. Wiht football shoulders,,size 10 feet and trucker hands...hard for anyone to scoff when I say Im big boned. Good for you about belly bancing,,I know thats a fantastic workout. I have a girlfriend who teaches it,,,and she's a beautiful plus size woman.
Marti/ Michelle,,,you are killing me with all the food,,mouth literally watering...drooling. PULEEEEEEEEZ give me a recipe,,,tamales. *gasp must have a tamale,,,before I die..never had one but sounds good,,,and well can you tell I got my food cravings back?
Michelle,,,nice to know your in a nicer Walmart,,,I am amazed by the lack of business atire at this walmart,,,muscle shirts with sweats..*shudder I just could never wear something like that to a retail job.

Susan,,,geesh sounds like the drama I was putting up with the woman next to me. She was given the choice of quitting or getting fired. She quit but made it unbareable for everyone for 2 weeks.

Cristi,,I hope they find out whats going on,,,I would raither know what it is even if its bad then to struggle along in pain. And DD's ear ? whats wrong?

Jane,,,your a braver woman then me, taking a small child into a christmas shopping crowded store,,I will now not be going into the malls to shop...I am done. I hate crowds,,,and can barely tolerate the bustle and such.

Work is going well,,,busy. Finished reading that horrid book,,,I say horrid cause it gave me nightmares. I did finish it and saw there is a book 2 to continue on with the story. I gave supreme heck to the customer who told me to read the book,,,he felt bad. Told me to read a book called Wheels of time? Can't remember.
The play is almost done,,,every night has been a sold out performance. Sat..I will be doing a strike,,clean up of the play. The antibiotics weren't working so I went back and got another type. Day 2 and nothing still...I think Katie that what you said,,,not strep,,but a bad form of virus is what i have. The results came back that I didn't in fact have strep.
AND I did get the results of my iron! I am so excited,,,I got 26 which is fantastic. The best Ive ever been. Normally for me is 11.
I keep wanting to watch that Biggest Loser show,,,just can't figure out which night. Im so addicted to home renovation shows. Im in 'like' with this one reno guy,,Mike Holmes...lol Holmes for Homes.
well i need to get to bed...night all.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:12 AM   #11  
I wanna be a page 5 girl

MK: I think Katiecat is an aboslutely adorable nickname. My grandma always use to call me Katie-did. Still makes me feel warm inside. I hope "Irish Twins" isn't un-pc. I asked my Dr. one day cause she said "Oh - a true set of Irish Twins" and so I figured it must be fine to say. I've always wanted to go to Ireland! I'm going to look at your pics.
My friend was just sick with a virus much like yours. It took her over a month before she felt normal again!

Jane, I hadn't considered that. It sounds like a good idea. I know I want to be 230 pounds by March. I wonder if that would be possible. Hmm..But I do have very slow dialup and don't want to bog down the machine more..I'll give it some more thought. Thanks Jane
Oh good news! Through Freecycle, I asked for an eliptical style machine, and someone had an older one they are going to give me! YAY!

Bah, I'll write more. The 15 month old is getting cranky because she can't brush her teeth all the time and I took the brush away. Aww. Today was a good day though.

I'll be more personal tomorrow, I promise!

EM
Old 12-02-2005, 09:32 AM   #12  
RosieKate

Well, my house looks like it puked up Legos James had his birthday party at Chuck-up Cheese last night and a grand time was had by all. Now today he has no school and his little sister will be at preschool and he can play with the loot, uninterrupted. I get to clean.

Just wanted to add my voice as another Tightwad Gazette fan - I have all three books and get them out every now and again for ideas. This book empowered me to realize I could reduce our expenses enough for me to be a SAHM to my kids. In fact, I really thought I would never be able to afford children until I read these books and then a little lightbulb went off; "If she can do this with six kids, I should be able to do it with one!" So we did....and have another kid to boot, lol!

I know CEC isn't a thrifty bday option, but believe it or not, I spent about as much time, money, and energy throwing this kid a party at my house for half as many kids two years ago. My perspective has changed on these things I tell you, all those 9yo boys need a place to just be the little devils they need to be...and that place is it. I used to dread the CEC juggernaut, now I embrace the big mouse!

Back later for individuals

Old 12-02-2005, 03:18 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

My head is totally swimming with more McChicken sandwiches today. I did eat one - so hungry but will take the rest home for the girls. I think I will go get Bento though - still hungry.

Belly dancing sounds interesting EM

I better go. I have tons to do. Just wanted to say hello.

ASSistant update is she is going to a medical appt on Monday to try and go on stress leave. Though we are firing her somewhere down the road and already have a security company to cover our night shift so I can pull that asm for days................blah- blah - who cares, right?? lol

mmmmm, I best get before I grab another sandwich.

Katy!! Breakfast w/ Santa tomorrow at the Lucky Lab. I might take Gaby.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:46 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Mary Kate - I wanna go to the Dickens Fair!!! I got a good laugh over the lights display, lol. Neighbors from ****, right?

Angie - 2 big YAYS coming your way from me. First for the play going so well, and another one for your iron level being higher. Which play will you be doing next?

Em - "Irish twins" is PC enough, lol. I personally know several of them, being raised Catholic, lol. (I'm Methodist now, not that's there's anything wrong w/Catholics) Wtg, getting a free eliptical machine. Is it from someone local or does it need shipped? Btw, I call my Katie Katiedid all the time.

Katy - glad James and his buds had a good time at the party. I personally love skee ball at CEC. Couldn't think of the name of that game a little while back when we were talking about CEC, lol.

Susan - Ma Jane here is worried about the contents of your daily diet. A chicken sandwich in each hand doesn't make it balanced, lol. Where are your veggies?

Like I've got any room to talk! I have been eating the wrong things, and too much of them. (Jim Carrey's voice) = Somebody stop me! I write out what I am supposed to eat, then don't follow it.

Need to go to the fabric store and get a zipper to replace the one on Katie's coat. It's a 30" one, and light blue. Can't just get it at Walmart. She is notorious for breaking coat zippers.

Nothing much planned for the weekend. What's going on with you?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:26 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

Ma, McChickens have lettuce on them, thus a veggie and therefore balanced.lol

I don't know where this elderly man is getting them from - hope he isn't buying them. $25 worth already if they are a $1 each.

Going to the Grotto and the mall maybe for a pic with Santa for Gaby. So fun! I gave my older boss some candy canes and he thought they were nice. I said "like Martha Stewart - tacky glue and all" Though when he saw me coming down the hall he tried to dunk back into his office. I said "you can't hide from me" haha.
He is so nice - he has no lights in his office - totally dark. I said "you are like a gopher." haha

Anyway - the work place is getting better. Any ideas how to decorate the lobby??? I thought it would be kind of cute to do something with the mail box area. Like a candy cane pole saying something about letter going to the North pole.......Letters to Santa.......something fun and cheery.......
Closed Thread