Old 12-01-2005, 11:02 AM   #1  

Talking 30 Something to Lose 30 Something December

This is a group of us 30 somethings who have 30 something or more pounds we are trying to lose. Join us in this weightloss/healthy lifestyle journey and share your triumphs and struggles. We will support, and encourage each other as we work on food and fitness choices and generally make our way down this lifestyle path.

Last edited by losethirtysomething; 12-01-2005 at 01:23 PM.
losethirtysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:08 AM   #2  
Exercise Queen

Talking

I'm in ONE-der-land!

I weighed in this morning with a 1lb. loss which puts me in onederland. I'm very happy with loosing only 1lb this week because this is the first week after 10 days on South Beach phase 1, so it's the first week with any carbs or fruit in awhile. Now I must go fill up my water glass!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

We are having a great day all the way around!!!:Bravo: Michelle, welcome to Onederland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the new intro.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser...92.shtml#photo

Have you gals seen this? They are before and after pictures of regular people submitted to the Biggest Loser site. Very inspirational.

I had leftover massaman curry for lunch and it was all I could do not to drink the leftover coconut milk. Yummy, I love Thai food. I wish they gave you the option of Brown rice. The rice they gave me is around 4 servings!!!!!!

NordicTrack, abs, and arms tonight plus walking to daycare to pick up the baby.

I can't wait to see our ticker drop even more.

Amanda

Long Term Goal

Holiday Goal
OBsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:09 PM   #4  
Scottish in Spain

Hi. Thanks for the invite to join you guys Amanda (OBsMamma). I am a 30 something with 30 something to lose, but I'm not a Mum - is that ok?

Louise
louloumel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:33 PM   #5  

Our only prerequisite was a 30 something needing to lose 30 something +. It just happened that alot of us are moms.

Why don't you tell us a little about yourself and your battle with weight. I would love to know how you ended up in Spain.

I came here because I have reverse anorexia. I have had it for years. I really believed that I was skinnier than I was. I started gaining in college and just forgot to care that I was going from a 10 to 12, 12 to 14, 14 to 16 and 16 to 18!!!!! I can't blame any of my weight on my son. I was pre-pg weight by my 6 week appointment. I recently saw a picture of myself at a girlfriends wedding and had a light bulb moment. I have been seriously trying since Nov 1. I have lost 6 pounds so far (tomorrow is weigh in) :

I have been posting several times a day in an effort to keep my weight loss, excersize, lifestyle change in the front of my mind.

Amanda

194 /188cw/180 /140
Old 12-01-2005, 12:48 PM   #6  
Exercise Queen

Louise! No you do not have to be a mom, I'll go change that in the intro post in a little bit. I just have to sign in under the lose30 name to be able to edit that post. Glad you joined us!

Amanda how is it going this afternoon. It's actually only 9:45am here, but I figured since you already had lunch it must be afternoon for you.

I've completed one workout for the day. I'm going a little slow on water though. I'd better start chugging!
Old 12-01-2005, 01:04 PM   #7  

It is hitting 1:00 here and I have 1 more hour of work. 3:00-4:00 is my witching hour where food is concerned. I am going to walk to pick the baby up from daycare today and maybe if he is agreeable walk to the market for dinner fixings. Keep myself busy during that time. Once it passes I am o.k. but the pizza incident happened at 3:00 yesterday.........

I am actually looking forward to my work out tonight

Amanda
Old 12-01-2005, 03:23 PM   #8  
Scottish in Spain

Glad to be aboard then girls!

I ended up in Spain basically because we (my fiance Barry and I) wanted to try something different, we came to have a look around an area we'd never been to before and loved it, then through an amazing stroke of luck Barry got offered a job, which meant we then had no reason not to come. A year after we moved here, my parents and my youngest sister and her then fiance (now her husband) moved over too! All in all it's been great, we're getting pretty good with the language and we've just moved into a new home which we've been renovating for the last year with spanish builders!!! Not easy but well worth it. However it has meant that since April (when we sold our last home)till September we've been living with my parents, which was like visiting for 6 months in terms of the amount of food and drink we had - so the weight just piled on even more!

However now there can be no more excuses. I have my own kitchen and plenty of time to cook healthy meals. It's a little difficult to get low fat foods here but I'm going to try and look on the positive side of that as it means i have to use a lot more fresh produce and cook from scratch which ultimately tastes better too. I can't believe I've been fat for so long now. I was always one of those people who could eat any amount of food and never put weight on, but that changed when I hit 26 and met Barry. All of sudden we were going out for meals a lot or having cosy nights in with a pizza and a movie - you know how it goes. At first it was even a bit cute, after all putting on weight like that is a sign of contentment isn't it? But before you know it, as you said Amanda, you're a size 18!!

Anyway I've decided to go back on the WW diet as I have all the info and cookery books, plus I cannot eliminate specific foods - that makes me sooo miserable. The only thing I miss is the structure of the meetings and weigh ins which is why I thought it would be good idea to join in here. Let's see how I've been doing at weigh in tomorrow! 6lbs is good over a month Amanda, and you're exercising too which is something I really need to do. Well I'll go now and leave room for other people

Lou
Old 12-01-2005, 06:01 PM   #9  
Exercise Queen

Thumbs up

I completed my second workout for the day. I've drank 66 ounces of water, and eaten about 1000 calories of "clean" food. According to my calculator I burned almost 2000 calories today, so I'm ok with eating a higher calorie total today. I still have dinner to get through you see!

Lou that is so neat that your family moved over to Spain too! DH and I have talked about living in another country since the company he works for has offices all over the world. I always come back to the fact that I would miss my family to much though.

Amanda it's 3pm here so your past your "witching" hour, how did it go?
Old 12-01-2005, 06:58 PM   #10  

Made it past with a yogurt and a few almonds

However,I can feel my blood sugar plummeting. Husband was supposed to bring dinner home tonight on account that I have not had a car all afternoon. So when he called I asked him to pick up stuff for a salad. Great. Apparently, he thinks a salad just consists of lettuce and bread no other veggies, he was in friggin Whole Foods. So, when he gets home, off to the store I have to go probably around 8:00 which also means I probably will not eat until 9:00 until after I have breastfed the baby and put him to sleep. Ugg.

So, now I can just feel the tiredness and the hunger building up inside of me, that often leads to poor food choices. I know I could hit the store and say buy a candy bar in the checkout line or a box of Cheezits to munch on while walking through the store. The reason I did not bundle the baby up and walk to the store was because I thought I was getting a complete dinner and did not need to go. UGG. Just venting, I get very nasty when I am tired and hungry and disappointed.

Amanda
Old 12-01-2005, 07:30 PM   #11  
Exercise Queen

Amanda eat something, like 10 almonds, before you go to the store. Hungry and tired will only lead to poor food choices!
Old 12-01-2005, 08:13 PM   #12  

someone asked about my old support group , the lady that was running it deleted without an explaination , no email or anything , my old desktop dies on me so I had to be offline for about 2months when I got back on , nothing....so I've been snooping around some places...and here I am
okie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:16 AM   #13  
Exercise Queen

Amanda- How did you do at the store?

Okie- There loss, our gain!

Rehearsal went really late tonight, and then I had to deal with driving home in the snow, so it took over an hour to get home instead of 30 minutes. Ugh stressful! Luckily I didn't have any candy bars in the van or I would have eaten them. I'm fine now and looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:51 AM   #14  
Scottish in Spain

Good Morning Girls!

I'm soooo happy - 5lbs loss this week!!!!! I'm celebrating and you are all probably sleeping right now - oh well. I was really nervous because I had been in Scotland for 2 weeks and I must have gone out to dinner about 6 times, what with meeting up with people ihadn't seen for a while. Also i was staying over at my Gran's house and because i told her i was watching what I was eating, she was obsessed with feeding me - nightmare! Anyway I got back to Spain a week ago and I have been trying hard to get back in the the rythym of things and it seems to have worked - yipee! Oh I can relax now. I can't believe how nervous I was before stepping on the scales in my own home - I guess having to come on here and let you guys know is having the effect I hoped it would!

How did it go with dinner Amanda? Is your hubby also trying to watch his weight? My fiance Barry is doing the diet with me, but he is totally uninvolved in the decisions, shopping etc, which is hard sometimes, so I know how you feel. Stick with it though!

What are you rehearsing for Stagemom ( is your name Michelle)- I'm intrigued? You're right I'm lucky that my family moved here too although there is one person missing. I have another sister who lives in the US, so she is very far away and I really miss her. Especially as she is the only one of us who has kids.

Hi Okie. I just joined here too. What programme are you following? I'm doing WW and I see that Stagemom, you're doing South Beach right? what is everybody else doing?

Lou
Old 12-02-2005, 08:25 AM   #15  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies!!! I would love to join your group, if that's ok. I'm almost 31, my birthday is Dec 13. I have 3 little ones, my daughter is 4, my oldest son is almost 3 and my youngest is almost 7 months. We just moved from Germany in August and I was pretty stressed. Things are calming down now and I'm finally feeling like I can get a handle on this whole weight thing. I started the week at 175 and its the first week in a long time that I have been OP. I've been sort of doing WW, but I'm still nursing, so I haven't been totally counting points, just keeping an eye on what I eat. I feel pretty good about my WI on Sunday. I've been going to the gym all week, if I go to today it will be the fourth time this week. I finally feel motivated again to get these 30lbs off. I guess I've been rambling, hope to get to know you all.
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote