Old 12-01-2005, 08:46 AM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Weighty Issues #33

Welcome to the December edition of our Weighty Issues thread. We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out across the U.S. from the east coast to the west Check us out here! . We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, come on in, grab chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.

Last edited by angieME; 12-01-2005 at 01:43 PM.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:02 AM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Okay, I must be under so much stress right now because I actually put the wrong number on our thread. OOPS!! So, I wasnt here yesterday because there is definately something wrong with my computer. It moves as slow as molasses and I lost all my itunes files which pissed me off so bad because I got an ipod for Christmas. So after a day of emails they let me redownload them all so now I can keep my fingers crossed they dont get lost again. THEN...... I have to renew my Norton antivirus so...I figured I would upgrade to the new one that checks for spyware too WELL.... I went to their websight and ordered the download and paid for it and then went back to the page to download it and guess what? They couldnt find the file!!!! All friggin day with that. I went to Paypal and filed a complaint for my money back because thjere isnt any way to get ahold of an actual person at Norton. Well, late last night I went to the trials page and figured I would try to download the 2 week trial and that one went through but it wouldnt recognize my receipt for payment so I dont know what to do. I think I may have to send this thing to the computer guy for a while. I just have a few more things I need to order before I can do that. All I can say is I was so ready to blow up yesterday. end rant...

Well, I snuck a peek at my scales this week and holy cow if these numbers stay here for Saturday I will have gone over my goal!!! Now I am just hoping they stay.

Well, I need to get in a workout.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:45 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies. The Eagles concert was AWESOME!!!!!!! I love those concerts where you know EVERY song. Those old guys still got it The only annoying thing was that we were at the end of a row and the people on the inside kept getting up to get more beer and food and go outside to grab a smoke, etc. It was so freakin' irritating--COME ON people, are you here to see rock kegends in concert or are you here to eat freakin' popcorn and drink beer? This one lady was really big too (tall and wide) and she was wearing this lingerie type top--you know the ones that are popular these days? And she wasn't wearing a bra that I could tell, and she was just spilling out all over. When she had to cross in front of me to get out of the row I had to shut my eyes OK end rant

Angie, I totally feel your pain with those computer problems, they are such a hassle. I hope you get your Norton thing squared away as well. And hey, I know you will hold those numbers on the scale til Saturday, you're doing so great. Heck, you might even lose another lb or two til then. GO FOR IT!! Thanks for the new thread--that's ok about the # thing, no biggie. But um..it's December 1st now, not November

So everyone else, come out and post. It's a new day, a new month, almost the END of the year. Let's make this month a great one!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 01:45 PM   #4  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

OOPS!!! I meant to fix that after I copied it.

I am glad you had fun at the concert. I love the Eagles too.

Back to work!!
Old 12-01-2005, 02:27 PM   #5  
so close, yet so far...

Just thought I'd throw this link to our Frapper (Friend Mapper) back in (for posterity) http://www.frappr.com/3fcweightyissues If you're not on it and would like to be added, just click and add your user name and zip code.

I just had my bowl of cereal for breakfast so I'm ready to face the day.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:36 PM   #6  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thanks Noelle, I didnt know how to do that. Hey what do you want for your birthday? I would get you another Starbucks card but would that mess you up or do they have lowfat,calorie versions of your faves? I dont want to mess you up.

Where is everyone today? Getting ready for Christmas?
Old 12-01-2005, 02:46 PM   #7  
so close, yet so far...

Angie thanks for thinking of me (and reminding me that my b-day coming up fast!)...I haven't been to Starbucks in a while...I need to go and check if they have my gingerbread syrup yet--and see if they have it in sugar free. You really don't have to send anything, just having you guys here for support and motivation is gift enough--honestly! Corny, but SO TRUE!!! I love you guys. ahhhhhhh
Old 12-01-2005, 06:55 PM   #8  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Nope, You are gonna get something. I cant let your birthday go by without getting you something to show you how much I appreciate you.

Where the heck is everyone today?

Dips, Have you heard anymore on your cute little puppy?

Kempy, How are you doing? We havent heard much from you.

Cal, When is your next break?

Julie, How is the weather out your way? It was really nice here today but it is suposed to pour tonight and then be very cold on Saturday. Figures huh?

Cherie, Have you got caught up at work yet?

Red, I hope your spirits have lifted some.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:16 PM   #9  

Hi Girls

Finally getting here to post. Both of the kids had dentist appointments today so I was busy with that and we got about 3 three inches of snow so I have been shoveling the driveway, so that will be my excercise for the day. Just cleaned up dinner and here I am! Made chicken parmigiana.

Angie computers are a pain but that is how we communicate so we gotta have them. I just hate it when mine acts up. I can't wait to hear about your weigh on Saturday. You should be so proud of yourself. I think you have our nice weather that we had a couple of days ago, send it back this way, haha....we got 3 inches today and it is COLD.

Noelle glad you had a good time last night. I know what you mean when you are at something and someone is constantly getting up. I can see going to the bathroom but to have a smoke during a concert? I agree lets make this a great month!

Cal honey are you feeling better? You know this time of year is stressful and sometimes just plain hard. We are all here for ya.

I better get going I think I am going to make something for the bake sale at school tomorrow. Check back soon. Hi to everyone I didn't mention.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:04 PM   #10  
so close, yet so far...

Default I feel good...

na na na na na na na... I just got back from my walk. I did 50 minutes at a brisk pace. I had to hurry because my mom and dad are going out this evening and no one else is home yet to watch my boy. He grumbles the whole time if I take him along . Lunch was a Lean Cuisine sesame chicken meal w/a bowl of steamed broccoli. I should have about 13 points left for dinner and that's quite a lot. I'm gonna go Christmas shopping after this.

Julie, snow! When I got in my car to go home from work the car temperature said 93! I think the actual temp was around 82 but that's what the car said. I wish I could send you some heat to melt that snow a little, but shoveling is a great way to burn calories So what you cookin' up for the bake sale? I bet your stuff sells fast, everything you make sounds yummy.

Angie, stay warm. I'm only dreaming of a white Christmas

You know ever since they updated the forum, the hyperlink function doesn't allow you to "name" your link--do you know what I mean? Now if you click on the insert link button it only allows you to put the web address... hmmmm.

Anyway, I gotta get moving. I REALLY HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU OTHER GALS. We miss ya! Hope you're all doing well.

Have a good evening, chat more tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:24 PM   #11  

I'm still in a funk, but things are getting better. I'm giving my kiddos a Literature test tomorrow and they're stressed; that makes me feel better.

Angie: You are so awesome. I knew you could do it. I don't feel like I've made any progress at all. I'm trying so hard to be able to fasten the airplane seatbelt next summer and feel comfortable. You are truly an inspiration to me. By the way, our next break is not until Dec 23 and we go back to school on Jan 9.

Noelle: You are warmer than we are. I believe the high today was about 74. It will cool off a bit more, but not until after January. When is your birthday? Is it near mine? (I'm a New Years' Eve baby).

Julie: Thanks for your support. I've been freezing here in the mornings and it's only down to the mid 40's at night. We have finally turned on our heater and put the fans away for awhile. Been using flannel sheets as well. Of course, those sheets make it a little harder to get out of bed in the mornings.

Hello to Dips, Red, Kempy, and Cherie. Hope your days are beautiful right now.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:48 PM   #12  
so close, yet so far...

Default Happy Friday!!!!!!!!

Good morning ladies! I'm getting ready to wash my car it's so filthy with all this on-again, off-again rain we've been having. THe sun is shining bright so I think I'll take a chance. Did you guys hear about those two actresses from Lost that got arrested here for DUI? Michelle Rodrigues (Ana Lucia) and the gal that plays Libby (Cynthia Watros, I think) were arrested separately in a windward town around 2 a.m. yesterday(?) They had to post $500 bond to get out. Ya know, I was thinkin' *gasp*, that maybe this place definitely isn't like Hollywood where the cops may just let you off easy when you're a celebrity... Still, you've got to be stupid to drive when you've been drinking. They've got roadblocks up a lot of the time. But anywho, just thought I'd toss that out there.

Cal, it's Friday and you got to give them kids a test What more could you want? I hope you have a good weekend, try to do something 'just for you', that should lift your spirits some. You can totally get to your goal for your trip, just take it one day at a time. We're here to cheer ya on! Oh yeah, my b-day's on the 14th, I'm a Saggitarius I didn't know your b-day was on New Year's eve. That sounds like fun!

Michael's upper front tooth came out last night. Now he looks somewhat like a Jack-o-lantern (or a hillbilly ). The tooth fairy gave him a gold Sacajawea dollar. He was stoked about that. I can't believe he'll be 7 next month Where does time go?

Come out and chat everyone!
Old 12-02-2005, 02:03 PM   #13  

Hi Girls Just a quick one from me, I have to go to ds's school this afternoon for a holiday shop and he gets out early today. I may go out to eat tonight, don't know yet. I just made dd a tv dinner for lunch and gosh do they smell good! I know it is processed but every once in a while doesn't hurt. Anyway got to make time to excercise today. Not outside the wind chill is 0. I want to go and cut our tree tomorrow. We may meet my mom and brother and stepdad there. I hope they have hot cider!

Noelle I did hear about that. I hope the police in Hollywood wouldn't let a celebrity off for drinking and driving! Great job on the long walk! Your baby lost another tooth. Awww....my ds is still missing the top two and bottom two. One of the bottom one is coming through though. I feel bad for the kid trying to eat, LOL. The dentist said yesterday he may lose the teeth around the bottom two before the front top come in, long time to go without front teeth, haha...Btw I went on the WW site today and 3 months online is around $40. I will try and talk dh into giving me some money to sign up

Cal I hope you get to relax and like Noelle said do something special just for you!

Cherie, how is Hannah's thumb sucking guard working? The dentist said yesterday my dd may need one. Have a great fun weekend!

Angie are you not here because of computer problems? I hope the thing got straightened out for you! Stay warm!

Hi Dips, Red, and Kempy. Have a great weekend. Bye for now.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:59 AM   #14  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default WEIGH DAY!! :goodscale

Hey girls!! Today is my weigh day and I lost 6 pounds this week. That gives me a weightloss total so far of 16.5 pounds!! WOOHOO!!! Why didnt I get on track sooner?

Yesterday I ran nonstop. We went to Walmart to go grocery shopping and we were going to stop at the phone booth because Brittany wanted a special cell phone for Christmas but it was so packed we came to one closer to our house and of course the only 2 not in stock were here 1st and 2nd choices. So after supper we went back to Walmart and picked up the phone. Needless to say she had fun running through the store getting sneak pics of us looking stupid. The little brat!

I ordered Light and Tasty and I got my magazine yesterday and they have a recipe for bnaked wantons filled with mexican cheese and spices,etc. I am going to make some of those for the Christmas party on the 17th. I hope they taste as good as they look....although how can anything cheese be bad!

Julie, Is your brother still visiting? Where did ya go out to eat? I made a chef boyardee pizza with mushroom and onion. YUM!

Well, I gotta go clean this house! Have a good weekend girls!!
Old 12-03-2005, 12:33 PM   #15  
so close, yet so far...

Angie,
U da Bomb!!!

I'm so proud of you for passing your goal!