Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2001, 12:09 PM   #1  

Default Everyday Exercisers-12 Wks to Turkey Day

Welcome Everyone (including any new people out there)!

This thread focuses on healthy weightloss and overall fitness through regular exercise. Our goal is to stay active, hydrated and make healthy eating choices. Come join us in our healthy lifestyle.

Hi Tweeter, I've already done my Body Flex tape and plan on going to the gym today. I will walk an hour Sat and Sun. I will also get out my WW sheets and follow the plan. (My vacation threw me for a loop and now it's time to get back on track!) I'll report in on Monday. What do you plan on doing?

Pamela, I'm so sorry about your little boy getting sick and then your bike accident. I sure hope you are both feeling better. You said you lost 20 lbs.?! Wow, that's faaaaaantastic!!!! Tell us how you did it. And how you no longer overeat? Inquiring minds want to know.

How is everyone else? Stamper, SherryI, Jusdoit, Copperblu, Morrigan, Jan, Saggy, Marvin... Please let us hear from you.

Happy Friday, Everyone!!
(hugs),
Dena

Last edited by Dena; 09-06-2001 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-31-2001, 05:36 PM   #2  

Hi Dena! Welcome back from what sounds like a great vacation. Thanks for starting the new thread.

I confess I haven't been posting because I've been so inconsistent. I'm managing to workout 4 days a week, but that's not acceptable to me. This turkey day challenge is intriguing. Hmmmmmm. I'm ever so tempted to try to go straight through exercising every day. But, alas, I best be more realistic.

MY GOAL: 60 workout days - no problem Starting tomorrow (9/1) there are 83 days until Thanksgiving (11/22). So I'm going for about 5 days a week.

Come on everyone - join in
Old 09-01-2001, 09:49 PM   #3  

Talking Hello New to Group

Hello:
I love your thread.
I think it's just what i'm looking for.
Would love to meet all of you.
I'm up for the challenge.
I'm wondering if you can recommend a good aerobic's tape...I was thinking of getting denise Austin....I am open to any good advice you have.
Mon, Wed, fri's I'm doing my rower and weightraining.
I'm ready to move to five times a week.
Hopefully my body is up for it as well.
I have a long ways to go to get to my goal but I have a really good feeling that this time I will make it.
Hope ya all are doing good and getting your excercise in.
Look foward to chattin with ya.

Shasta from Seattle
Old 09-02-2001, 03:31 AM   #4  

Well, I must say biking and just being more active have really helped me with the weight loss. As far as the not overeating anymore goes, I pretty much try to only eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. I try to wait out a craving to see if it's *real* or not. If it's real, I try to maybe only have a tablespoon of ice cream or one really really good piece of chocolate. I think those things are really helping. Plus lots of whole foods: veggies and fruit! I really haven't been excercising too much since my accident but I have found that I can still do a lot of walking. I definitely need to wait until I'm no longer a lump head to get a helmet
I'm looking forward to biking again though... Hope everyone has a great Labor day!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 09-03-2001, 01:55 PM   #5  

Default Happy Labor Day!

Hi Everyone!

I'm happy to report I walked 3 times yesterday... 1/2 hour after breakfast, 1/2 hour after lunch and 1/2 hour after dinner. I plan on doing the same today. I just got back from my 1/2 walk this morning. I'm determined to melt those cals away! Tomorrow it's back to the gym.

Pamela, thanks so much for your diet tips... eating only when hungry and stopping when full. And then asking yourself whether a craving is real or not. Wow! I'm so impressed. That's a great attitude!! Thanks for the great idea and inspiration! And congrats for still walking while you're recuperating. You go, girl!!

Shasta, welcome!!! I love Denise Austin's TV show! I often thought about getting her tapes, because I love her style. Let me know what you think of her tape when you get it. I'm always up for new videos. I have the Billy Blanks tapes (Tae Bo) and they are good. I've also done the Richard Simmons tapes.

Hi Jusdoit! I love your idea about working out for 5 days a week... 60 work-out days! I keep telling myself that every day I work out, I make myself healthier and fitter. And you know what, I believe it's true.

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day!
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 09-03-2001, 07:16 PM   #6  

Talking New Day

Hello Dena, Just do it, Pam:
How is everybody doing today I hope GOOD!
Enjoying our labor day????
I am enjoying all the good advice.
So last night I bought denise austin..."blast away 10 lbs".
Well I survived through the interval training part for 15 minutes, it's 20 minutes so that's not too bad huh. There's two segments, it's kickboxing, reminds me of Taebo. She's has more bounce to it.
The second part puts some weighttraining into it.
Today I started a low-calorie diet. Trying to get my water in.
I think I'm off to a good start.
I'm hoping that this five times a week excercising will really make the difference for me.
That's so good dena...getting all your walking in! Pam the advice on only eating while your hungry is very helpful to me. Just do it...youve inspired me to try five days aweek...keep up the good work everyone.
Hope everyone is getting their excercise in!

Shasta
Old 09-04-2001, 01:12 PM   #7  

Default Happy Tuesday

Hi everyone! I'm on day 4 of my workout "streak." I still plan my goal of 60 days out of the 83 (since 9/1/01) until Thanksgiving. However, I must admit I have a secret goal of EVERY day until then. While I do believe in the body needing a day off, I'm thinking that if I start to feel too fatigued, I can have an easy day - maybe just a 20-30 minute walk - still maintaining at least 5 days of good intense workouts. Does that make sense?

Shasta - welcome! I'm glad you found the Denise Austin tape. Videotapes aren't part of my workout plan, but I've heard a lot of positive things about her tapes. Good luck with your 5-day exercise plan!

Pamela - good job on the walking through recovery. I think exercise as rehabilitation is the best thing you can do for yourself. It sounds like you have a good handle on the overeating/food cravings dilemma we all face. Thanks for the great ideas!

Dena - 3 walks in one day is awesome! I hope you enjoyed getting back to the gym also. We're gonna be burning tons o'calories between now and turkey day!!!

I hope everyone has a smooth transition back to work after the holiday weekend....
Old 09-04-2001, 03:12 PM   #8  

Hey thanks everyone. I got a bike helmet today and I think we're going to go out when the guys get up from their naps. I get the staples out Thursday morning so I hope it goes very quickly! I'm more nervous about getting them out then anything. They're really starting to annoy me since I know where they are now. I hope I never have to go through this again! It's felt really good to walk now and I find that if I don't get in any activity during the day, I just have too much energy. It's a really really nice feeling. Anyway, hope everyone has a great week.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 09-04-2001, 08:04 PM   #9  

Thumbs down Good Afternoon!

Hello Ladies:
How we all doing today?? I hope good!
Thank you for all the warm welcomes.
It's so motivating for me...to listen to each of you and walk away with advice from all of you, it really does help me get through the day on an upbeat!!!!
I did my rower for 21 minutes and my strength training for 20 min. It feels like my workouts are getting alittle more easier to handle. I am hoping to slowly work up to 40 minutes on my rower. When I first started in May...I was only able to do 10 min. so I really am happy with my progress. It's nice though cuz I don't have problems with my back or sciatic nerve since I have excercising. I was on my feet for 7 yrs. as a nursing assistant in maternity ward so my back has really taken a number as well as my feet. It's really nice because I feel so much better then I did in december.

Pam- It sounds like your recovering nicely. I hope the staple-removal went okay. Good job on walking...I wish you a safe full recovery!

Dena: Great job on all the walking your getting in! IT must be feeling great! Denise' tape is good I thought....really works your thighs out. WHEWW!

Just do it: Good job on working out. You have some really great goals, I'm sure you 'll meet all of them!!!!!

Hope ya all have a great evening!!!!!!
Keep up the good work.
Let's go burn some FATTTTTT!!!!!!!

Shasta
Old 09-04-2001, 08:49 PM   #10  

Hi Guys!

I just got back from the gym and feel really good. I worked out on the weight machines for 20 minutes, got on the stationary bike for 20 minutes and got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I also did my Body Flex tape this morning (yoga/breathing video).

Looks like we're on a roll now.

Shasta, You're doing fantastic!!! Keep up the great work!!! Congrats on not having any more problems with your back. It's surprising how much exercising helps everything. It not only helps me physically, but it also helps me mentally. I feel a lot saner.

Pamela, good luck getting your staples removed. I agree with you... I like the feeling exercise gives me, too. Have fun on your bike ride with your new shiney helmut.

Jusdoit, your exercising idea makes total sense. That's what I do. My week day workouts are more intense and my weekend exercise is more relaxed with a lot of walking. That way I can enjoy my hubby's company and nature, too. And it doesn't seem like exercise at all.

Stamper, Copperblu, SherryI, Saggy, Morrigan. Jan, Marvin... we'd love to hear from you.

Let's keep at it! Only 11 1/2 weeks to go before Thanksgiving.
(Hugs),
Dena

Last edited by Dena; 09-04-2001 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2001, 02:44 PM   #11  

Default I'm going out on a limb.....

Here's the limb....I'm declaring my "secret" goal to be my REAL PUBLICIZED GOAL, i.e., I hereby declare that I am going to exercise every day up to and including 11/22/01 (thanksgiving) . I started on 9/1/09 and this morning was day 5. I ran 39 minutes (about 4.5 miles) with two HUGE hills. Here's the reason I am setting this goal: this morning when the alarm went off and I didn't want to get out of bed, the only thing that motivated me was having a goal. I didn't feel like I had a choice. It's almost easier not having to think about whether or not I want to workout or take the day off. Know what I mean .

Pamela - good luck with the staple removal . The one good thing about having an injury that you have to recover from is that it usually gives you renewed motivation to exercise (since we always want what we can't have). It sounds like you definitely have that motovation going .

Shasta - Great progress on your workouts! It really helps to look back at how far we've come sometimes. You're doing mahvelous .

Dena - An awesome workout as usual...AND YOGA TOO That's great! Keep up the good work. You're right - we are all on a roll .

Have a great day everyone .
Old 09-05-2001, 04:53 PM   #12  

Smile Feels GOOD!

Hello Just do it, pam, Dena:

How we all doing today???
Hopefully getting our excercise done!
Burning Fat!
Well I'm thinking how good it feels after getting our excercise is done.
I decided to try excercising as early as possible, By golly everyone is right, the sooner you get it done, then you don't have all day to talk yourself out of it. It gives me extra energy to last the rest of the day. I have no more fatigue feeling anymore.
I did the burn away workout today. I can't really do the high impact stuff but my thinking is that if I do the best that I can at least I'm burning calories right. I just have to think it's progress for me. I remember thinking in May...after I read Covert's Bailey's Fit or fat...how is it even possible to excercise everyday. But, today is my third day so anything is possible if I make it to my fifth day. He recommends six days a week so that will be my ultimate goal. I have lost 2-3 inches since may so I know it's working !!!!!!

Dena: Good job with your total workout! You give me inspiration!!! Your right it does feel really good after you get your excercise in.

Just do it: I think the running is so great. Especially hills! I like your attitude about your goals, great mindset. I think your right though about the motivation it gives you.

Pam: Hope the walking is going good! Hope your recovery is coming along nicely!!!

Well hope you guzs have a pleasant evening. Good job with Burning FAT!

SHASTA
Old 09-05-2001, 07:52 PM   #13  

Waaaaahooooooo, I just came back from the gym and I feel faaaantastic!!!! Not only did I work out on the weight machines and got on the treadmill for 30 minutes, but I also took an aerobics class today.

I'm not sure what it is, but I'm into exercise lately. Is it cause I want to make you guys proud of me that I'm keeping my word? All I know is that I'm sure proud of you guys!! You're doing such a terrific job. I think we're definitely helping each other. I tell you one thing... it's a lot easier exercising when you know you're not the only one doing it. Plus I feel great afterwards... like a high or something.

And then there's the fact that I found a few of the pounds that I lost while I was in Vegas, so I'm trying to exercise those fat cells away. Boy, it's easy to gain, hard to lose. I sound like a country western song.

Shasta, you're doing so great. Who cares if you can do the high impact stuff or not, as long as you are moving. Your body just wants to move. That's what it's all about. When I first started exercising, I hadn't done anything for a long time. So all I could do was keep up with Richard Simmons tape. Now a couple of years later, I've progressed to jogging on the treadmill! Who knew?!

The other thing I heard about exercising is that it is good to sweat. So if you are getting to the point of sweating, that's great. It's also important to work up to any exercise. Do the best you can, but most of all, ENJOY whatever you're doing.

Jusdoit, I am so impressed with your goal!! I totally love it. And you know what, I'll do it with you. Uh oh, did I just commit myself to exercising every single day?! Okay, okay... we can do this!! CONGRATULATIONS ON JOGGING 4.5 MILES!!!!! That's absolutley amazing!!!!

We're doing it!!!
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 09-06-2001, 09:07 AM   #14  

Good Morning, Everyone!

Well, it's now 11 weeks till Turkey Day, so I'll start a new thread. This time our title will be "Everyday Exerciers to Turkey Day, " so we can add more messages and keep our thread a little longer.

See you there.
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 09-06-2001, 10:42 AM   #15  

Default Good Morning

WEll good morning to all: i almost forgot about exercising everyday until turkey day it is a good thing that i have been. except i have changed my routine. i want to beable to run for a full 45 min. eventually anyway i started running for 3 min and walk for 3 min and i will slowly increase my running time i feel like such a slug out there that i will only do it when the kids are in school. how's the for being a chicken. is sounds like everyone is doing great. well must close and go to bed so that i can get up at 1:00 and go for my run. i do feel alot better about myself when i do it. have a fun day ladies. see ya. again.
Closed Thread