Old 11-01-2005, 08:16 PM   #1  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default Mom's Losing Weight...

Hey girls..
I figured it was high time we started a new thread, since the other one still says September.
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:20 PM   #2  
Focus on the Process

Now for a real post. Today has been draining. I have Nicole's cold or whatever it was...and feel awful!

I've been piggin out on Pumpkin seeds. I should have never made those things. I knew it was a bad idea. Thank goodness that I don't have much of an appetite for anything today. I think with the stuffed up nose, I just can't taste anything and nothing looks good. GOOD!

Where are ya hiding Crystal? Didn't see a post from you today. Has Andrew gotten any better about sleeping? I know you were having problems before.

Carly-How'd that mopping go? I can't say I mind mopping. I hate laundry. That is my major housework pet peeve.

I'm going to go and get some homework done. And then get Tiana from dance. Nicole passed out on the chair and Kayla is watching GREASE on tv. She loves that show. That, and Titanic. Such a peculiar little 6 yr old. I love her to death anyhow.

~chris
Old 11-02-2005, 05:17 AM   #3  

Default Good morning

goodmorning,

Chris.. the mopping went just fine.. the house looked really good yesterday when all the brokers came and looked at it.. so hopefully this will produce some prospects... if not so be it... either way the house is looking good and i am feeling a bit better these days.. and in time i will move to maine... ya know what i mean..

ok.. so yesterday i did eat like a piggy but when i am nervous or emotional that is what i do... i will try to get better.. i need to really go to the store and shop for good food. havent done that yet... but any ways.. i did start drinking my green tea again that is a plus and my water..\

anyways,,, i will check back later... hope you are feeling better today....

carly
carlytaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 06:40 AM   #4  
4 gr8 ones

morning ladies.
Chris sorry you're not feeling well. That time of year I guess, my dh is down in the dumps too. With his new job his insurance just set in yesterday believe it or not and I think he'll have to go to the doc today. Thanks for asking about Andrew, yes he's a better sleeper. Could be the medicine he takes, could be the bigger house, cleaner air in this house or could be that he's getting older. Usually sleeps all night, once in a while will wake up once, but go back to sleep easily. And with Allison, I have gotten so blessed, she's great. Sleeps great and has since she was a couple months old.

Hi Carly, have a great day.

Today, dh's grandparents take the three older kids to story time at the library and it gives me great time to run errands with only the baby. We're going grocery shopping. I'll talk to you ladies later.
mamamoore4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:01 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

My ears are plugged an my head is packed. Woo Hoo. That's okay. Hopefully it won't last too long.

Today I have parent-teacher conferences to go to. They both look like they are doing good, but Tiana is still struggling with her tests. The girl can get A's and B's on her homework but every test she has taken so far this year, she has flunked, not even a high F...we're talking like 27% and 17%. It's such a losing battle. I had her tested before to receive help but her scores weren't low enough. She was way below the average but was like 3 points off from getting the help she needs. I can't afford a tutor and I don't know what to do. I'm hoping I can figure something out with her teacher. In 4th grade, after all the testing for getting assistance at school, they let her take her tests in a seperate room from the rest of the class. It seems to help her if she can read the questions out loud.

Sorry for not getting personal. I have to get busy with my homework. I have 3 tests this week, and 22 more assignments to do for my computer class, and 1 paper to write. Busy busy busy.

Carly-good luck with the house selling. I need to go shopping too. I need to get more healthy stuff for me to eat around here too.

Crystal-Enjoy your time shopping. I know its not very often you get a break. I don't know how you do it with 4 little ones. I struggle with my 3. We are taking a parenting class at church right now. Hopefully I can start changing some things around here with it.

~chris
Old 11-03-2005, 05:11 AM   #6  

Default Good morning

goodmorning ladies,

well I hope everyone had a good day yesterday... mine was good... busy at work .. i did ok with the eating and i did drink my water... yippppyyyy... i am starting to get back on track...

with the house thing i am just going to put it in gods hands and stop stressing over it... it will happen when it happens... has anyone started there xmas shopping>???? i think i will be going the week of christmas... lol...

well have a wonderful day..

carly
Old 11-03-2005, 05:34 AM   #7  
4 gr8 ones

Morning ladies.
Chris sure hope you're feeling better. How did the conferences go?

Carly, I have put the kids christmas stuff in layaway. I've decided not to do too much for the rest of the family, this is the tightest year ever, financially. I'm gonna do LOTS of baking and making food baskets and other kind of baskets for most other family members. I haven't started those yet.

Well, yesterday was a good day. Got grocery shopping out of the way. ANd believe it or not instead of shopping with only one while the others were at the library, we went earlier and ALL of us grocery shopped. So I used the time they were at the library to come home and put groceries up.
Anyway, today we'll school and clean and do the usual. Hope everyone has a great day.
mamamoore4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:16 AM   #8  

Default Good morning

goodmorning,

I am so happy it's friday... my work has been driving me nuts.. i just feel a bit burnt out..but anyways,... no complaining... well i had a yummy salad for supper last night and saved some for my lunch today.. which is a good thing.. i am trying to start the portion control again.. everyday i will just add something new.. all little things add up to big results... anyways, i hope you ladies have a great day... i will check back soon..carly
Old 11-04-2005, 11:42 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

Hi girls...I feel much better today. The last two days my body has been aching so bad and my head was hurting like you wouldn't believe. The only down side of being sick is that I let my homework slide and now I have 2 papers to turn in today and take 2 tests...YUCK!

My eating hasn't been the best this week. Nothing tastes right. I haven't felt like exercising either. Do either of you two have any suggestions to kick me in the butt to get going with exercise? I am just not motivated to do it.

Crystal-Things are going to be tight this year for Christmas too. Kelly started his own business so we have extra bills with that and he got his hours cut at his day job too, and things are so slow there, they want him to take an extra day again. He's only working 3 days a week right now. We can't afford to go lower than that. I certainly don't make enough at my job to handle the extra burden of that. I still have to figure out what to get my girls for Christmas. That is sneaking up so fast....Coli is going to get some clothes for sure.

Carly-Glad you had a good day yesterday. Salad sounds yummy. I haven't made myself a good salad in a week or two. Bad me! I've kind of been surviving on weird stuff. The only thing I can taste right now is salty stuff. So I've been snacking on pumpkin seeds and crackers. Not good.

Well Kelly goes in for surgery next thursday. They have to widen his esphogus up again. They might sew part of it shut too down by his stomach so the acid can't reflux anymore. He's got alot of scarring all the way down from his throat and its interfering with his swallowing again. HE actually chokes and then has to throw up. I know, kind of gross but hey.

Well I better get back to doing my homework load. The girls only have a half day of school and I know they are going to want to do something this afternoon. Talk to you two later.

~chris
Old 11-08-2005, 05:45 AM   #10  

Default Good morning

goodmorning ladies,

sorry i havent check in lately... lots of things have been going on... but i think things are getting better...

my doggy past away on friday.. my daughter took it so hard... well we all did.. but my daughter was really bad... now my house is way to quite ..

but anyways,, on the eating and weight thing... i have been doing ok.. at the end of the month i should be working from home... so that will give me a little more time to add some exercising into my day... i think that will be great..

the christmas thing around here is going to be real tight to.. because with us having the house on the market we are trying to pay off as much as possible so when the time comes and we sell we will have more money in our pocket for a down payment on a new house... we are thinking the house probably wont sell until spring... but i think that is ok.. the winter is really no time to be trying to move to a new state... i think my daughter is looking forward to the move.. and i also think my 17 year old son is going to come with us.. i do hope so.. but we will see... well ladies have a great day you are doing great... i will try to check back later today...

carly

p.s. Chris.... how are you feeling????
Old 11-08-2005, 04:12 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

Carly, I swear I must have a sinus thing going on. My head is still aching. I wish this stuff would just go away. I need some advice from you girls. I have 2 cats (we thought one, but found out different) that are peeing on our brand new carpet and have been for awhile now. What do we do? My husband wants to give them away. They aren't sick either. We've had them checked by the vet. We just don't know what to do with this one.

I've been busy with schoolwork as usual. Kelly is eating better now, since he say the dietician, so eating healthy around here is getting easier. I still haven't exercised. I'm going to talk with the doctor about that at my appt. on Friday. The best news though, is that since she listed me as having a binge eating disorder, my insurance is paying for the weight loss clinic. WHOO HOOOo!

I better scoot for now. Kayla gets out of school in a few minutes and if I'm not there, she'll probably have a small panic attack. Then I'd get the mommy guilt all afternoon about not being on time. She's good at that.

TTFN,
Crystal where are you?????

Chris
Old 11-09-2005, 05:31 AM   #12  

Default Good morning

hey Chris,,,

the cat thing i cant really help you with... my friend has a cat who started doing that but she has diebitetes... that is why... since she has been on the insilin she is fine... sorry...

I wish you would feel better.. well i am glad kelly is eating better that must make you feel better..that would worry me..

lets see what else is going on... well in the next couple weeks i will be working from home.. yippy i cant wait.. i do hope it works out for me... but anyways... i am going to start putting exercise into my daily routine.. doing it first thing in the morning after everyone leaves for work... i use to do that i think i can do that again... i always liked exercising in the morning.. at night i am to tired...and i am also hoping by being home i can start to eat better... we will see.. keep your fingers crossed for me...i will keep you updated...

and great about the insurance thing... that is such a help....

i will check back later....

carly
Old 11-11-2005, 05:31 AM   #13  

Default Good morning

goodmorning,

how are you ladies??? no one has been on in a couple days.. just checking to make sure you are ok,... hope to hear from you guys...carly
Old 11-11-2005, 01:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/176/145

Height: 5'8

Talking

Hi Ladies! I'm new to the boards and I was hoping to join your group. I am a 29 year old stay at home mom of two, Brett4,and Lauryn 14 months. I am married to my wonderful Husband Richard for 6 years. I have been struggling to lose weight all of my life. My highest weight was 230 when I was pregnant with my daughter. I have managed to get down to 170 recently and I am struggling to lose at least 20-25lbs more to get where I want to be. I have been on every diet out there, and had success with pretty much all of them. I just have a hard time sticking to just one diet. I guess what I am looking for is daily support, or even just to chat with other moms about everyday issues. I look forward to chatting with you all!
Laura
BrettnLaurynsmommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 05:56 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

Hey Laura, welcome to the board. My name is Chris and I am a stay at home mom of 3 daughters. Tiana is 12, Kayla 6 and Nicole 3. I do work part time for my dad and I am also a full time college student. I'm 34 yrs old. Boy that was a hard one to admit to. Ewww! I'm located in Montana and have been married for 7 yrs to my main squeezie. I have rheumatoid arthritis (a wonderful inherited "gift" from my mom). My hightest weight was 223 about 1 1/2 yrs ago. I am down to 197 and would love to lose 50 more pounds. My lowest weight was 119 in high school. Okay, I'll admit, I was underweight in high school. I am currently working with a doctor at a weight management clinic and have been doing alot better with my program than I was when I was trying to do it all on my own. I am looking forward to the day when I can buy my "skinny" wardrobe. Welcom again...Love to hear more from you.

Carly-I know I am being the silent type. Naw, yesterday I didn't have time to get on. I had to go meet with my academic advisor at 8 am and then I shuffled Kelly off to the hospital to do his endoscopic surgery. The doctor showed me the pics of his esphogus. He says its just hamburger. How comforting! There is alot of inflammation and swelling and he has ulcers all over it too. So they widen it up so he could swallow food again and now he has to take his acid reflux meds 2 times a day instead of just once. I was so embarrassed because the hospital is a Catholic ran establishment and my darling man is so doped up and out of it after the surgery...and there he was telling all these off-color jokes to the nurse. And for the kicker, he doesn't remember doing it. I was just dying.

Okay...gotta go. Laundry is calling and so is the family room. My mom wants us to all go to church tonight to listen to these guys sing. They sing Christian rock and they are really good. So I'm trying to get it all done by then. I just want to do a little homework tomorrow and be done for the weekend and relax... TTFN...I'll check back with you ladies later.

~chris