Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-30-2005, 07:52 AM   #1  
Patty

Cool Getting off to a rocky start

This is to much!

I went to bed last night all full of vim and viger. Ready to commit to changing my life....huh! Well I am still committed to changing my life but this moring finds me lagging in the energy department.

Motivation, motivation, motivation!!!!!!!!

I had trouble falling alseep last night. I guess it must have been 2:30 before I finally went to the happy place. getting up this morning was rough. BUT I did it. i got up before 7. I'm growling mind you but I am up. I have thought of a thousand reasons why I should reschedule my therapy for the day. Ya know what? I kicked that little voice sitting on my shoulder, out to the curb. I'm going to go to therapy like it or not...and I am GOING to take that walk. Period. End of discussion. Now, the hard part...what about my food for the day? I hadn't made a previous plan before yesterday to eat healthy so I am not fully prepared to face my kitchen this morning. The one thing I cannot give up is my morning coffee. It ain't happening. Please send me your good vibes today. I'm going to need them. I know I can do this..I just need to rethink of few things to get me into the right place.
Damsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:16 AM   #2  
Sammy

Hey!!

My first day today also, no meals and such planned either... and I HAD to have my morning coffee... luckily I take it with a little 2% milk and a teeny bit of sugar anyways, so I don't think it was too much of a biggie.

I too, have little motivation or energy. I have to pick one of the kids up from school this afternoon and take another to her riding lesson (only 5 miles down the road) and I am dreading the "thought" of having to do something already (it is 7.15am!)

Sooo, I hear ya and am sending a TON of good vibes!!!!!!!
OrangeNFeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Go go both of you! You can do this!!!!

Remember that you don't HAVE to change everything all at once. Face your kitchen today with the idea of smaller portions and writing down what you eat (journalling food is something I did NOT want to do, but it has been invaluable). Then look at what you ate and don't beat yourself up over it, but learn from it.

If you want this to be a journey for life, you need to make sure you have the right tools to take you all the way. Getting started fast might mean you leave important tools behind...

hmm.. there's an analogy forming there, and if I had finished my coffee it might have come out better...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:34 AM   #4  
Exercise Queen

You don't have to give up your morning coffee! I'm enjoying my morning vanilla latte right now, I use 1% milk and sugar free vanilla syrup.

Sending you but you also must make a plan! Plan for what you will eat today, so that you are not making those choices when you are hungry. Two things that lead to poor choices in eating for me, being tired, and not planning what I will eat!

Today you can do it!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:14 AM   #5  
Egy Kis Lany

Hooray!
Congrats to both of you for starting out.
I'll echo above sentiments: start small with something for a full week or two, and then add on something else.
Journal what you eat today! Every little bit write it down so that you start to pay attention to what it is that you're having.
And keep up the excitement! Drink your coffee! Post on the boards!
Hurrah!
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:14 PM   #6  
Patty

Ok...so this is where I'm at..well wait...First let me thank you all for your words of encouragement..it really does help cement my committment to living a healthier life again. Now back to my thought. This how my morning went. Woke up extermely tired but motivated myself to get motivated. I grabbed the cup of coffee and formulated my planless day. First things first..breakfast. I had a cup of rice krispies, didn't have anything but whole milk but I used less than a 1/4....Cool enough. Went to therapy and gave it my all today. Usually I just drudge my way through it. I did 10 minutes on that tred mill at 2.6 mph. Went .36 miles. For me that is exceptional. Since I managed that I gave up on the idea of walking down the road..my knee just can't handle more than that today.

Lunch today...I grabbed a yogurt, a hard boiled egg and a banana.

For dinner...well I go tthis free turkery for Thanksgiving...It has been defrosting in my fridge..so I thought why the heck not. I readied that bird and popped his sorry butt in the oven. I am going to make a baked sweet potato, and have some fresh cook veggies. All stuff I had in the house already.

It han't been so bad for unplanned day huh?

Thanks again for the motivation!!!!!!!!!!
Damsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:41 PM   #7  
Egy Kis Lany

That meal sounds excellent... turkey, veggies and a sweet potato...
way to go!
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote