Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 01:50 PM   #1  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default **** THIN WANNABEES HOLIDAY CHALLENGE! ****

Hello all you Thin Wanabees,
I thought we all could use a challenge to get us through the holidays. We have about 3 weeks till Thanksgiving, 7 weeks till Christmas and 8 weeks till the New Year. So we need a challenge to help us, so we can at least not have a weight gain during this time, putting us behind the 8 ball when the New Year begins. And if we can lose some weight all the better.

Your goal can be anything you want it to be. Wether it be to not have a gain, to lose, to exercise, drink your water ou journal. You be the judge and decide the area you need to improve.

I am going for them all. I want to have a weight loss, even if it is just 5 pounds, that would be great. This way if there are tough times ahead during the holidays, it will not devastate me in the weight department. If I can do this than I feel when the temptations temp me I can resist and not over endulge so much. I do ok in the exercise area, and exercise almost every day and I need to continue to exercise during this time. I will work on drinking all my water everyday as well. I am very bad at journaling so this I will really try to do this daily during this challenge to help me see exactly what I have eaten.

So is anyone else game? Anyone and everyone can join in this challenge, if you are in our Thin Wannabee group or not. You are welcome to post with us and if you want to join our wonderful group, we would love having you with us.

Take care everyone and any other takers for this Holilday Challenge? Hope to hear from lots and lots of people.

Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 11-04-2005 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:05 PM   #2  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

I'm here Sharon - count me in! I would LOVE to get myself back OP and lose at least 10 lbs by Xmas ... but even 5 lbs would be great! I need to get back to journaling and drinking my water quota - been slipping a little there. I weighed today and I am at 172 ... I would at least like to be into the 160's! Let's go everyone! Sign in here for your Holiday Challenge!!!!

Love, CJ

Holiday Challenge:
Old 11-17-2005, 09:19 AM   #3  
CJ

Good morning all ... just checking in but I see no action in here. Well, so far I have not done well towards my goal ... today is a new day tho. Only 40 more days til Christmas girls! No pressure intended here - lol. OK .. I will do better this week ... I CAN DO THIS! I CAN DO THIS! I CAN DO THIS!

Love, CJ

Holiday Challenge:
Old 11-17-2005, 10:25 AM   #4  
Movin on down the scale

Im in..but you know I am plateau'd and cant seem to move...maybe in a day or so something will happen...I would like to be 8-10lbs lighter by New Year!
Old 11-18-2005, 12:24 AM   #5  
Under construction

Height: 5'3"

Hi, I'm Michelle. Kind of new here, but I'd definitely like to join this challenge if no one minds my popping in. I want to be down a full size by Christmas; that will be either size 10 clothes that have "give" or size 12 clothes that don't.

I've already got a weight goal set of 165 by Dec. 13th, because I'm taking a trip and want the people I'm visiting to be impressed!

Nice to meet everyone!

Last edited by tipsygypsy; 11-18-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:49 PM   #6  
CJ

Hi Michelle and welcome to our Holiday Challenge! Glad to have you join in. Also, why don't you join us in our regular chit chat also - Thin Wannabees #7 ... we're under Clubs and Groups/Thin Wannabees. Hope to see you there and good luck to you on your Christmas goal and a big congrats on the big weight loss already!

CJ

Holiday Challenge:
Old 11-19-2005, 02:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Am new to your group, but count me in. I need the push LOL. Would love to be 180 by Dec. 31. Would be happy with 185, but happier with 180. Need to get my water back up again too - hard to do tho with winter knockin' at the door. Last thing I want to drink on a cold day is a cold glass of water - ugh! Going to try for a min. of 64ozs/day. And the dreaded E word. Need to exercise at LEAST 3x/week.

Stacie
Old 11-23-2005, 08:30 AM   #8  

Talking Im In

Well As You All Can See I Am New I Am All In For The Challenge I Will Drink More Water Excercise At Least 3 Times A Week And Im Not Real Good At The Logging So I Am Going To Look Into That To. Tomarrow Is Thanksgiving And That Will Be Hard Portion Control Portion Cotrol Is What I Keep Telling Myself. I Also Have Little Challenges That I Do All Week So I Will Plan To Keep Up With Those Also. Good Luck To You All And Have A Great Day I Have The Tracker To Show You My Holiday Goal.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:23 PM   #9  

Well, off 2 a decent start. Drinking 100+ ozs water every day (peeing 100+ ozs every day ) & exercised 4x already this week.

How's everyone else doin'?
Old 11-24-2005, 11:13 PM   #10  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

My goal is to lose twenty pounds by the New Year. I have already lost eight so I have a little over a month to lose the next twelve. So with that means exercising regularly (which I have been doing and feeling real good about), making better food choices (again, doing well) and drinking plenty of water.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:29 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teahoney
I have already lost eight so I have a little over a month to lose the next twelve.
WTG losing 8 pounds already! That's AWESOME!!

I'm down 7lbs since I restarted Atkins/induction on Sunday. I have 9 more to go to make my New Years goal. Of course if I happen to lose more than 9 by the New Year, I wouldn't be too terribly upset
Old 11-28-2005, 10:55 PM   #12  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Hello! My name is Mel, I'm new to 3 fat chicks. I saw my doc today for bronchitis and he told me I nees to lose 40lbs. I knew that already, but now I have an extra push. So, my smaller goal is to loose 10lbs by Dec 31st. I will need TONS of pushing! Help! Help!
Old 11-29-2005, 12:09 AM   #13  
CJ

Welcome Stacey, Brandy, and Mel ... glad to have you join our Holiday Challenge. Don't forget to come and chit chat with us also on our regular Thin wannabees thread ... I know Stacey, TeaHoney and Brandy have already ... so the rest of you are welcome also to come on over! Good luck all on our goal to lose some lbs by Xmas!

Love, CJ

Holiday Challenge:
Old 11-29-2005, 11:15 PM   #14  
Patty

Default UP for a challenge

Hi,

I'm up for a healthy challenge.

I have two goals for the next month:

1st, to increase my water intake and decrease my intake of soft drinks.

2nd, to get up, get out, and get my backside moving again...My goal is to start walking at least once a day. Since I am still recovery from knee surgery I am going to start out a bit conserative with this goal. Starting with one block and gradually increasing it as I can tolerate. Hopefully I can at least make it to 4 blocks by the end of December.

Woooo...Hoooo..here we go!!!

Old 11-29-2005, 11:27 PM   #15  
Movin on down the scale

Well, I am 2 pounds closer to my new years goal. Only 10 more to go. I think I can make it since there is just over 30 days left. I finally broke that plateau and I am charging full steam ahead again!!!!
Closed Thread