Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-28-2005, 10:10 AM   #1  

Default First Day

So I made my rules last night...

1. No eating after 7:00
2. No pop; diet or otherwise
3. Dance every day
4. Water~Water~Water
5. JUST HOLD ON! (Inspired by the book "A Million Little Pieces")

So I'm up now and my first thought of the day is that I don't want to do this. I like my fat, lazy lifestyle. Or at least I want to make myself think I do. I want to drink my pop...not WATER! Ugh. And now I have to dance too! Exercise every day, move??? I know I have to change my lifestyle. Having just started my own home web design business I know that if I don't start a routine soon I will continue to get FATTER and also my business will never work without some sort of structure. So while I should be in the shower or better yet makeing me some eggs for breakfast I sit here and type. Ya know, I am hungry. Just wish I had some doughnuts to eat instead of having to cook. 5'8 240 pounds and getting fatter everyday...except for today.. I'm only going to worry about today. TODAY I will not get fatter, I can commit to today. Gonna go make some eggs for myself and drink a glass of boring water. Don't you think eggs would taste much better with an icy glass of Coke! Water it is...

Plan on using this site as my journal so check back later if you want to read somemore updates...although we all have our own stories, don't know why you'd want to read mine

Thanks,
Emily
31 years old
Happily married
Mother of 2 (Hailey~6 & Trenton~almost 2)
Don't C the real me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:25 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Ew yuck eggs and cola! Much nicer with some tea or fruit juice or squash!

Seriously though, you can do this and it's funny, A Million Little Pieces made me start over in my weight loss. I should read it again.

Good luck with your first day - just hold on and the weeks will turn into months and the pounds will fly off!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/196/130

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Good luck first day

God luck on your first day. You CAN do it! Have you tried the flavored water at Walmart? It is quite good and I could drink gallons of it. I too hate water but it has done wonders for my weight loss.
Hang in there!

GW: 120
Betty925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:25 PM   #4  

For me, dieting is hard. Every day I eat in the way I need to eat in order to lose weight, is a struggle for me. Some people say that they can diet without feeling hunger and deprivation, but I am not one of those!

For me, the key was taking small steps that I could live with. If I on the first day I had switched to the lifestyle I'm living now, I would have quit by day three, maybe four. Some people do benefit from doing a total "cold turkey" jump right in there approach, and you might be one of those.

You might want to consider keeping some low calories stuff around to snack on. Stuff you can pop into your mouth and not feel too guilty about. I like radishes, sugar-free jello with lite cool whip, high fiber rye crackers, stuff like that.

Good luck with your new focus on getting to a healthier weight!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 02:32 PM   #5  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

Quote:
TODAY I will not get fatter, I can commit to today.
I like this quote and wondered if I could use it in my signature, because TODAY i CAN commit. and then when tomorrow swings around I'll use the same mantra to live by. It's all taken one day at a time.

BTW I agree w/ 2frustrated eggs and pop sounds a little gross LOL. But hey whatever floats your boat. Just try diet instead

Good luck on the journey hopefully soon you will began to love having more energy and moving around a little more.
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:50 PM   #6  

Default TODAY I will not get fatter...I can commit to today

Thank you for the wonderful response. That is what I'm living with and how I'm living. One day at a time............

Please use the quote and anything else to achieve your goal

you can do it!

Em
Don't C the real me is offline   Reply With Quote