Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 10:44 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight loss and chit chat #152

to the Jaded Ladies site.

We're a friendly group that provides support in our weight loss journey, and we also share the ups and downs of our daily lives. Please pull up a chair and join us.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:01 AM   #2  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening ladies,
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are as thankful for this site as I am.
I ate solid food today,,chicken pot pie. Haven't been able to do coffee yet and things are feeling a bit tense. And don't know if you all have them over there but Carnation Instant Breakfast? Bad stuff,,,counted 7 points for a pack..not worth it. Gonna try low in sugar instant outmeal tomorrow.
I WI yesterday and was down another .8 which is over 11 lbs...slowly coming off.

Jane you were talking about spreading wings and such,,,there are times when I wouldn't mind my big bird to fly away and check out his wings...lol kidding I would miss him...and his mess...lol
You mentioned banana pudding but that got me thinking about bread pudding...gonna see about making that WW way..lol

Well off to bed,,,night all
Old 11-25-2005, 02:33 AM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hope you all are not as stuffed as the turkey tonight.
I had an up and down day. DH and I went to a champagne brunch this morning which was very nice. I came home and called various of our kids. Then I spent most of the afternoon feeling depressed, and I am not sure why. Everyone has their own lives to live and we chose to be here which we have done before. I just don't remember getting this depressed in the past. Just have alot on my mind and worried about several things. Maybe I will blame that instead of missing the kids. I actually am not looking forward to the Christmas holiday after today. UGH.
We did have a wonderful traditional turkey dinner out. Turned out great.
Jane- Hope you get the computer at WalMart..but if you don't many of the computer stores have good prices right now.

I am off for now...
Old 11-25-2005, 08:09 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies!

Angie - chicken pot pie sounds so good! I may make some turkey ones. The oatmeal I eat is the Quaker kind, with Molly McButter and 1 T. brown sugar. Mmm. Banana bread sounds good, too.

Sue - hope you're feeling a little cheerier by the time you read this. For some reason, I thought you were coming back to Indiana for the holidays.

Yes, I did get the computer - I'm using it right now. The Walmart stores were forced to lower the prices to match those in the big cities. But there were too many customers in line at Vincennes store, so Mary and Katie hurried over the the Lawrenceville store, and since they are an hour behind us, they had no problem getting at the front of the line. That was about 2 1/2 hours before the store opened. It's nice to have the wireless internet! But you know that when Katie goes to WDW, this computer will go with her, lol.

I overate yesterday, and am ashamed of myself. Yes, it was only one day, but still. I had heartburn last night for the first time in almost 2 years. Shame, shame.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:05 AM   #5  
RosieKate

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

A bit late, but oh well.

Jane we can just be the heartburn sisters together - Cheers! I also ate alot, but, boy, did it taste good. Today I am will be back on track....My brother and I were talking about portable DVD players yesterday. He has a friend who apparently can't even drive his kids to the corner market without plugging them into a movie in the car. I pointed out that I had the kids on a lot of road trips last summer and I have significantly softened my stance on movies in the car He said, "well, why don't you just get a laptop with a DVD-ROM? You'll get more use out of it" Lightbulb! ok - so I am thinking about it.....

Marti - I could smell your pumpkin pie all the way here in Portland - yum. We skipped the pie this year in favor of pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting, as it was also my son's birthday and it was what he wanted. Can't believe he's 9 already. We looked at his baby pictures and marveled at how fast time flies.

Hi Cristi, Angie, MaryKate, Sue, Michelle, and everyone else - hope you had a great holiday.

Haven't heard on Leigh's tests yet, but it is a bit soon. We went back to the speech therapist on the 23rd for a re-evaluation and decided that it would help to go back into speech therapy.

I am grateful for healthy children - the rest of this stuff will work itself out

Old 11-25-2005, 03:00 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls!
Wow, so what do you all think of the upgrade? Looks pretty good to me.

Angie--We have Carnation Instant Breakfast here, but I don't think I've ever tried it. Glad to hear your able to start eating solid foods. Must mean you're feeling a bit better!

Sue--Hope the sad feelings pass. I too thought you were going to Indiana for the holiday. Your champaigne brunch sounds like so much fun!! I may have to suggest that for some of our friends!

Jane--Jhanai & I went to walmart about 9:30 or so. We didn't want to get up too early, but we did want to get there before the sales were over. There weren't as many people as I thought there would be. I'm sure most of them hurried up to Eugene for the sales. (bigger town!)

Katy--Your pumpkin muffins sounds so good! Especially w/the cream cheese frosting! You say you can't believe your son is 9.....I was thinking the same about Jhanai and her being 11! I was cleaning her room and just seeing her "grown up" items such as her bra, laying on the floor amongst some of the toys she no longer plays with........it was like "wow, she's growing up and it's too fast for me!" I think I'll go cry now................

Hello to everyone else!

Had a wonderful dinner last night. I always make my dinner for dinner time. So usually when people are having their turkey, mine still has a few hours to go. I'm not sure why I started doing that, but I have. So we ate around 6:30 or 7:00. Then it was plopping our butts on the couch afterwards. Went to bed early too. Very relaxing and comfortable. I have to go to work tonight, sure wish I would have asked for it off....I'll learn and do it next year.

I'm going to browse for a bit then get off the computer. You have a great night!
Old 11-25-2005, 04:11 PM   #7  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

well its a day after thanksgiving.....my FIL and hubby are watching football, and I get to do the dishes....I did go off my diet last night....not to bad.

Yes kids do grow up fast my oldest moved to wisconsin and she is going to have a baby.....without me, It hurts not being able to go to the Dr.s with her or looking at baby clothes together......or even being in the delivery room with her.......she is due in January I'am almost done with the blanket i'am makeing for the babe......I always thought my kids would always live near me, when they grew up. hmmmm

So whats for dinner left overs?
Michelle
Old 11-25-2005, 07:37 PM   #8  
RosieKate

I'm back....
Just had to drop in and proudly state that I am a mammogram virgin no more - he he. Finally did the deed this afternoon and, boy, was it a lot easier than I expected! The xray tech said "tell all your friends its not as dramatic as some say" - so I am!

My sweetie and I are going to go out to a brewpub to have dinner and a movie tonight and celebrate this milestone. As my doc said, "Welcome to 40. Just wait...when you turn 50, you get to have a colonoscopy!"

Life just gets better and better......

Old 11-26-2005, 11:51 AM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good morning ladies~

The weather here is so nice, windy but nice. Supposed to get up to 64 today!

MARTI~how was your pumkin pie? Did it turn out good? I missed having pumkin pie Thursday but we will have it next Sunday. So did you and Jhanai buy anything good when you went shopping yesterday? I didn't plan on going but for some reason I was wishing I was out in the crowds. We too eat our Thanksgiving dinner at dinner time, about 6:00. I remember my mother always having it ready at noon but I never cared for cooking that early-she would get up at 3 or 4 in the morning to start the turkey. I have been doing it that way since my first marriage, and then having Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve. Of course that evolved because of going to my parents on Christmas day.

SUE~sorry you were feeling depressed. I too was feeling it a little. I was standing in the kitchen and a song came on the radio and it got to me. Guess I was just wishing Josh was home. He always helped with the Christmas decorating and I know V missed him! Sounds like you and DH had a nice intimate dinner though and at least you talked to your kiddos.

ANGIE~I've seen the carnation stuff but never tried it. About the otameal...I buy the quaker 1 minute stuff (smaller flakes & never cared for the old-fashioned stuff) and use sweet-n-low or just plain sugar and a little bit of milk. Love oatmeal! Once in a while I get the raisin and spice instant stuff. Glad you are feeling better and eating solids now. Chicken pot pie sounds so yummy.

KATY~I was so afraid when I went for my first mammogram. EVERYONE talked about how bad it hurt and those cold metal things. Nothing like that at all. They have plastic where I go and the pain only last a few seconds, only when they flatten it like a pancake and then twist! It's the twisting that gets me! Hope you and hubby had a nice evening out. What movie did you guys see?

JANE~I never could get the hang of a laptop. Jason has one and loves it. It is nice as far as convenience though. Guess if I used one long enough it would grow on me. Glad you got one, I know how you loved the last one. Sounds like you guys had a nice Thanksgiving day.

MICHELLE~I think everyone forgets about their diets/programs on Thanksgiving & Christmas-just too much good food to pass up! I sent you a pm, hope you get it. I too thought my kids would live near me when they moved out...of course they haven't yet. Just my middle one (DS) who recently joined the ARMY. The oldest had planned to this past Sept. but then lost his job and decided to concentrate on school.

Hi to everyone else.

Well, I for one didn't overeat on Thanksgiving, but I am sure I will when we have our turkey dinner-well,maybe. I did cook dinner and a little more than I normally do but there were leftovers, which Jason & Vince managed to finish off last night. Took us or rather Vince, (I did help a little) all day to do the lights and such outside but it looks nice. Then I spent the whole day yesterday decorating the inside, man what a job. But it's done and we can sit back and enjoy. The Christmas decorations make the house look so nice and cozy and then after it's over the house looks empty. So today I am looking some stuff up online, need to see what the weather has been like and will be like in GA next week so I know what to wear. Of course I take extra clothes in case I change my mind. Then I am working on my Christmas letter. Was going to get my cards mailed early but want to wait for Josh so I can get some pictures to send. He hasn't been able to write because they had a week long camping thing that started last week, I think Thursday or Friday. So he wasn't going to write again. Anyway...I'm doing the letter and some laundry. V and Jason are working today so it's quiet around here.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
Old 11-26-2005, 02:31 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies~

Just checking in once again to see if anyone had posted since I was here last. Getting ready to sign off the computer for the day. Finished my Christmas letter, looked up the few things I planned on looking up. Although, I did forget to check out kodack.com. Anyone use their services? Received something in the mail not too long ago from them and never did get around to checking out their site. May use them instead of shutterfly.com. We'll see...anyway...need to go get the laundry done. Have a load in the dryer waiting to be folded and one waiting to be dried. Oh what fun! Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! See ya...
Old 11-26-2005, 02:37 PM   #11  
kitty Momo

Good Saturday

Thrilled about your weightloss Angie! Sounds like you are doing super , I am happy for you.

((Sue)) - hope you are feeling in better spirits. I have been down for weeks - just feel so sluggish with the weight.

Welcome Michelle. I lived out in Beavercreek, I read where you grew up down in Woodburn.

argh - this is so hard. I don't know how some of you do it. Can't I just chat about myself?? lol

Cool on the computer price Jane!

Thanks for the card Cristi - I got in daaaaaays ago. That was sweet - you are always so thoughtful.

I am glad you got Jhanai for most of the holiday Marti - that must be so nice. I am getting 135 every 2 weeks now from Mike. So that comes in handy - lets hope it last through the holidays!!! His mother has finally started emailing me again.

blah - Hi to Katie & Katy. I totally have NOT had those test at the doctors office Katy. The last time I went to the doctors was a 3 month check up after Gaby was born..............3 1/2 years ago.

I need to go to Starbucks - I feel dead in the wadder with out my mornng jolt. Headed for another (the 3rd - we average 1 a month- lol) HR meeting with my assistant. She is horrid and her side kick is an arse - constantly underminding my training with her. She runs to my supervisor now - amok, amok.

I better go. Have missed chatting with you all - sorry I am such a lousy member.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:19 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Katy - yay for you getting a mammogram!! And yes, my doc recommended a colonoscopy once I turned 50. Haven't had one yet, but may. My new laptop has the dvd feature. I would probably never use it, but Katie will. I have to admit that I really love the new technology available, and hope I never turn into one of those "old' people who won't get with the program, lol.

Michelle - aww, I wish you were closer to your dd who's preggers. Any chance that you'll get to visit when the little one is born?

Cristi - bet your houe looks so nice!! I want to put up the Christmas decorations but not the tree yet. Not sure why I feel that way. I'm full of Christmas spirit, but just don't want to put up the tree. I don't use Kodak.com. Wish I could help you, but I get my pictures done at Walmart. I, too, need to do some laundry. Never an end to it, lol.

Susan - there you are!! We've missed you, too, sweetie. Sorry you've been feeling down. Hope you get the Christmas spirit and feel all energized soon. Starbucks should help, lol.

I spent the day shopping with Mary. Since Dale had to work, Katie babysat all the kids. She needs the $$$, lol. Mary and I had a lot of fun. Bought a nice carrying case for the laptop. Not sure what happened to my old one, but I think I gave it to Goodwill.

I'm having trouble getting back OP!! Yikes! And to think last Thanksgiving I didn't go even 1/2 point over my limit.

Well, gonna surf a bit. Have a good evening!
Old 11-26-2005, 10:08 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Really Jane being OP is highly overated - lol

Venti's make me anxious and stressed, I continue to drink them though in the mornings.Plus I drink wine most night and am working a 12 step program now - lol jk, Though I am sipping the wine just to relax at night.

The assistant thing is cracking my mental state - and we know how fragil that was - haha. So I called her today and asked how the applications were going because she needs to put them on the computer (data entry) within 24 hours and we had 15 yesterday. She still had 15 today, plus some checklist to complete. 15 apps takes approx 2 hours and the checklist maybe an hour. I am thinking I have given her 3 hours in an 8 hours shift. I say something like "so you will get it all done today." "Uh" she says "I don't think so....15 apps,plus your checklist , plus I have a stack of workorders to do.Plus any emergencies that might come up..........blah- blah- whaaaaa - whaaaa.

Look I say applications are the priority and the checklist (which I gave her last Tuesday to do) work orders we can deal with Monday. She has lots of time to do all this,,,,,,

Such a pain.......exactly why I called today to make sure she knew that. I don't have time to go in there on Monday and be behind because she didn't do her job........ARGH,,,,,,

Stressed,,,,,,,,
Old 11-26-2005, 10:41 PM   #14  
Give me strength

Susan, the person who replaced me at reception is a bit like your assistant. She doesn't do her job,,,which was so easy. Most days I would have most of my work done within an hour starting...she can't finish hers in a 5 hour.
I usually go for the fat free grande latte..vanilla bean Yum Except one day I went in,,,for my blood work,,was fasting so after it was over I had a fat free omega 3 coffee cake,,,it tasted like pine sap. And my usual,,,but it wasn't my usual...it was gross. Haven't been back since... I so easily get turned off...lol
Jane,,I have a computer bag,,,just no laptop. I carried all my law books in it. U
I guess Katie will need some cha ching for her trip eh...

Katie,,good for you! I know I have 3 yrs before I go. Dang I want them muffins your talking about..with lots of icing...lots!

Cristi,,,you make me tired thinking of everything you have done and Ive not even looked at the boxes all piled down stairs.

Marti,,,we normally eat at 4:30-5 Because since we moved we usually have a 2 hour drive after that.

Hey Michelle,,,There is over eating with healthy stuff and over eating with total junk...but no matter they are in the past...move on.

I ate solid foods,,,mouth doesn't hurt as bad,,,but my throat is killing me. Funny eh since Im on day 4 of antibiotics. Our party last night was fun! Lots of compliments on a fabulously put together fun entertaining party. Love hearing that. Im exhausted, was last to leave,,being responsible. No drunk drivers,,,made sure to hand out taxi chits...
Nothing else new...the play is fantastic...sold out nights.
Looking at carpet today for the family room,,,found a nice berber in a light choc color.
well I have been reading this book called *Dies teh Fire* by SM Stirling. Seriously I have had nightmares...and yet I still am reading it.
and off I go to tackle it again.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:52 PM   #15  
Give me strength

I have a strange question...who are all those women in the change a letter game?
Do them come into the chit chat area, read but don't post?
I don't think Im feeling territorial,,,more uncomfortable with the lurkers. Another question,,,do you know when we have people coming into lurk? Strangers that is...I know that when Im crazy busy I will come in to read and eventually post...but makes me wonder if we have total strangers lurking..reading our personal stuff.
Closed Thread