Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 11-16-2005, 01:16 PM   #1  
I choose

Default Box squats

All y'all who do box squats:

Do you keep your back straight up and down throughout the movement? I just started doing these (set at a point I'd estimate to be about two inches below parallel) and I'm finding I have to be stricter with my form than I do with regular squats. That's fine - improving my form is the whole point of doing them. I've just always wondered how much of a forward lean (if any) is permissible with these. These issues seem to resolve themselves when I do regular squats - everything just sort of lines up on its own. I do find that that mythical "just below parallel" mark is always, always lower than I thought.
ShannonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 07:50 PM   #2  
Mel

I don't really notice my form is much different. I guess if you sit all the way down rather than just a touch, you do can keep your back a bit straighter, but you'll probably lean forward a bit as you stand again.

The first time I did the sitting down version, I didn't know that I had to lighten the bar a tad from what I usually squat. Soooooo...I loaded it up nice and heavy, squatted and sat down, and there I stayed! Much to the amusement of the guy who came and rescued me

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 08:19 PM   #3  
I choose

LOL...I hear that, which is why I'm starting these with my trusty 15-lb bar and nothing else.
ShannonM is offline   Reply With Quote