Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 06:19 PM   #1  

Default The Thin Group #61

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2001. There are all different ages and backgrounds here, and we all have different ways of losing weight. We love to have fun, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement, and motivation to one another. Please feel free to post with us. Just jump right in, and you will receive a warm welcome. The more, the merrier!

Please feel free to check our our website and learn more about us at www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Trish
Old 08-28-2001, 09:55 AM   #2  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default morning!

Way to go Trish! You deserve the special title "BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT"!!!!! hhahaha ...

Only stopping in for a sec here ... just finishing my coffee and off to work I go! hubby and I are finishing up on pulling our underground wires in for electric .... should be done today, then we can get started on digging our footings for our maint. garage. Boy, it's been a job pulling those wires thru ... so glad finally almost done.

If I don't get back here before the weekend I want to wish everyone a wonderful Labor Day weekend! We have part of our family coming up and some friends also ... it will be a relaxing weekend tho .. NO WORK! LOL just kidding. After we get our maintenance garage done, we will be ready to start the new house! YEA! This winter, we have a lot of things to do on our house in Royal Oak so we can sell it. I have so many little things to pack up (and get rid of also) maybe if I start this winter, I may be done by next year.

Well, got to run but will try to get back in here before the weekend. Have a good week everyone!

Love, CJ
Old 08-30-2001, 08:41 AM   #3  
Long Lost Chickie

Wow! It's really quiet around here these days. What's up everyone??? Miss you guys. Must all be off on Labor Day events, eh?

I'm plugging along. I had a loss of 2.8 lbs. last Saturday and was happy about that. Meanwhile other things in life aren't going so good. Some of us here are taking tomorrow off to drive up to Connecticut for a funeral of one of our salesguys. Really nice man and a very sudden death. Things have been very quiet and sad around here.

Scumball chose to call and harrass me again on Tuesday just for kicks. Haven't heard from my lawyer yet about the papers that Scumball and his lawyer swore would be done before the end of last week. Oh I need this right now.

Fortunately, Rich's parents sold their house in Mass. and will be moving before mid-October. Unfortunately, that means another long scary trip north to get yet more stuff. You know that song "It's A Small World After All"?? Well, it's entirely too big for me sometimes.

OK, enough of my whining. Geez, now I know why it's been so quiet on the forum. You're all too sick of listening to me. I'll just go back to my planning for Sunday. We're having my family down to see the house (even though it's still "in progress") and for a cook out. I promise to be good!

Love you all!
Jo.
Old 08-31-2001, 01:09 AM   #4  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Happy Labor Day To All!

Hi guys,

Yes Jo it is kinda quite in here, but never fear I am here. LOL

Well just been getting ready to go away this weekend to West Virginia to see some good friends of ours who used to live here. We are going to Bridgeport, WV and they have a condo on the top of Snowshoe Mountain, which is 4,848 feet high. Not Pikes Peak, but hey high enought for me. My friend Sandy says the view is beautiful so I am looking forward to getting away from it all. She has some things planned to do and as long as they include shopping I am there. LOL I have my bottles of wine all ready to go. This is a wine group and there will be some other couples there as well and this is my donation to the weekend. I have like 5 bottles of mostly White Zifandel ready to go. WHOPPEE!!! Will try to damage control if I can.

Now on the home front I have been doing pretty good and have lost another 3 lbs on Monday's WW meeting. That makes 3.2 lbs last week and another 3 this week so I will take the 6.2 lbs in 2 weeks and hopefully I am on my merry way to get to where I want to be.

Jo-Good for you another 2.8 lbs down. I am so sorry about your office friends death. Not a pleasant thing to be going to his funeral but that is good that you are going to pay your respects as a group. Have a good time at your family cookout at your place. Don't knock youself out and above all have fun.

CJ-Got your email, thanks and will talk to you when I get back from the mountains than I will email you and let you know how it went. The cabin is coming along nicely isn't it? Have a super weekend with you family. That is great that you are down 12.5 lbs. YOU GO GIRL! Hopefully we will connect when I return sometimes next week. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Dreamer-Good for you getting back into your pre-pregnancy clothes. That is quite an accomplishment but it sounds like between the baby, your school and just trying to keep things going around the house you are burning calories like crazy. Glad to hear from you and give Charlie a great big kiss from me.

Judy-How you doing sweetie? I know things must be so unbearable but just keep on posting when you want to vent or for anything you desire. Love you Judy!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{JUDY}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}

Trish-Great job 28.5 lbs that is almost 30 and that is so much weight. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Carolyn-Wow 27.2 lbs is a great weight loss. I am so proud of you for hanging in there. Wow you are not eating ENOUGH food on your WW program. Man how the heck can you do that? I would love to have your problem. But the good news is that you can eat MORE. How wonderful!

Peggy-Wow everyone is losing these days. 19 lbs gone forever. Way to go there. I am sure at this rate you will make your goal. Yes some of us like me have been in this group for a few years now, but we all are friends and you fit right in and make a wonderful addition to this group. We will get to know each other and have lots of fun around here. I sure hope they clear up your passport situation fast. I know it is getting close for you to go.

Chrissy-Are you out there Sis in law? I am sure you have started school and are a studying fool. LOL I just know you are doing well too. I miss you and hope to talk to you soon.

Gail-Hey girlfriend got your email and sent one back at you too. Sorry you were sick and hope that you are feelling better and better every day. Will talk to you when I get back from my trip.

Sandy-Hope you are having a wonderful time on your trip to the Dominican Republic. Post when you get back and let us know how it went.

Well all time to hit the sack cause we have to get up early and leave by 6 AM and it is a 7 hr trip than a quick rest at my friends house than in the car with them again for another 2 1/2 hr trip to Snowshoe. I am off and will talk to you guys after I get back which is Monday night. So will post more than. Everyone have a wonderful Labor Day!

Love you guys, Sassy Sharon
Old 09-01-2001, 02:08 AM   #5  

Hello Ladies!

I hope you are all doing well. Sorry for not writing ... I've been so busy at work doing client website testing that the last thing I want to do when I get home is turn on the computer. I do apologize! I do think of all of you often ... especially Judy ( you, Cal and your family are in my prayers).

As far as weight loss...hmmm, what's that? I think with not sticking to a program is really getting to me. It depressing some days. I did take a step and joined a gym. Hopefully working out will boost my spirits and lower the number on the scale and clothes size

Trish- Way to go on the 28.5 pounds lost!!! Keep up the good work!

Sharon- Hmmm, White Zinfandel eh. You remind me of my Mom ... she takes her bottles of white Zin wherever she travels. Being from the Napa Valley has its perks! Have a fun weekend and try to stay out of trouble!!!

Judy- How are you doing sweetie? We are here for you. Please post and whenever you can. God bless you, Cal and your family. {{{{{{{{JUDY}}}}}}}}

Jo- Congratulations on the 2.8 pounds gone!! You are doing a great job. Sorry to hear about your troubles with your ex ( my sister calls hers "the enemy"). Hopefully, it will all be over soon. Don't worry about your Vegas trip, it will be special when you arrive ... I left you plenty of money to win! I think it's accruing interest as we speak!

Joanna- Congratulations on your wedding! I wish you all the happiness possible ... and let me add ...what a beautiful wedding dress you chose! I can't wait to see pictures!

Gail- Hey Chickie! I hope you and your family are doing well. How is Ken and your daughter in law doing?

Sam- Great job on fitting into your pre-pregnancy clothes I can't wait to see pictures of Charlie!

CJ- You better watch out ... looks like Trish is trying to take your title for starting a new thread!! You would be proud of me ... I've started my Christmas shopping!! I figure I would buy some gifts now just in case I get laid off (the joys of working for a dot com!). I've even have some things wrapped! Thank God for Sephora!!!

Well, it's my bedtime. A big hello to all of you I didn't address individually.

Hang in there ladies, we are all in this battle together. We are blessed to have each other as support and friends.

Have a safe and great Labor Day weekend!

Take Care,

Sylvia
Old 09-03-2001, 01:40 PM   #6  
CH

Smile

Happy Labor Day Friends!! I think I made history today. I(me) went to the Health Park (as in exercise-gym etc.) I have been a paying member for 3 years and this is the first time I have been beyond the front desk. Yes, I know but I hate exercise that much. And what's worst, is because of where I work I get a great discound on fees. Well, enough of my nonsense. I went and I had a great time (and I wasn't the fattest one there) (great relief) and I did aquacize. Kind of cool! Now will I go every day or every other. Here's hoping I do!

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I missed WW last week because of another meeting but am still being good so looking forward to Tuesday meeting this week.

Judy I am still thinking of you and Cal and praying for you daily.

Peggy, welcome to this group. We love it here. Some of us go away for awhile but we always return. You are doing great on your weight lost. I hope you like exercise better than me because I really know we all need it. Good Luck.

Sharon thanks for the kind words. I hope your week-end is everything you want it to be. But I bet it will be because I have a feeling you are one of those special people who make it a good time whereever you go.

Had a great cookout with friends last night and will be taking one of them back to the airport today. Tomorrow back to work and hang in there until the next break. Everyone have a great week.
Carolyn
Old 09-03-2001, 09:16 PM   #7  

Oops...sorry for the double posting...didn't realize I wasn't in the #61 Thread...

A little about me..
Hi, everyone. My name is Anne, and I live in Texas. I'm really a displaced North Carolinian - but you have to bloom where you're planted!

I'm a life time WW who slipped off the wagon. I rejoined last year, and have dropped 17 lbs. I've stopped going to the meetings - but think I need to start attending again to help me stay on track. I'm a real procrastinator when it comes to exercise. I'm always "going to start...."

In the last several weeks, I've just pushed myself out of the door and walked for 20 minutes or so. I recently bought Running in 13 weeks...or something like that. I'm determined - but I also need encouragement and accountability. This morning I walked 2-1/4 miles.

I want to set some reasonable exercise goals - and then have to report on them. For me, it's kind of like making a promise...then you have to keep it!

I'm married, work full time at a very demanding and stressful job, and am involved with my church and the Kairson prison ministry during my non-work hours.

My husband and I have 4 grown children and 3 grandsons, 2 dogs and a cat. This might be more than you wanted to know!

Thanks for listening.

Anne
Old 09-04-2001, 10:43 AM   #8  
Long Lost Chickie

Um, hello? It's just little me. I promise not to whine too much in this post.

Went to the funeral in Connecticut last Friday. It was very nice and I was OK for most of it. At least until I went up to the coffin to pay my last respects. The man I knew was always active and smiling, etc. This just wasn't him. Still it was a very nice service with a lot of people. During the funeral procession to the church, I noticed a man who'd been walking by running after the procession waving a hub cap!! Seems that the car two behind us had lost it. The guy caught up with them at a turn and handed it in through the window. Angelo (the man whose funeral it was) would have laughed out loud at that!! He had that kind of great sense of humor and that's how I'll always remember him.

Saturday's weigh-in was ... well, I swore I wouldn't whine so I'll just say it wasn't great and leave it at that. Sunday, we had some people over for a Labor Day cookout. I ate veggies and veggie burgers and was doing so well. Then out came the early birthday ice cream cake and all was lost!! Oh well, you have to live a little, right?

Have a call in to my lawyer today, have to (maybe?) sign some papers for Scumball tomorrow, obsessing only a little about the approaching jury duty and finding the courthouse with my sense of direction. But I'm handling it all without being too much of a pain in the rear to everyone around me. Ah yes. Life here in the big city.

Boss is back from his vacation today so I guess I have to get to work now. Another day, another dollar.

Almost forgot! WELCOME to Anne! You'll like it here, I'm sure. I love your "bloom where you're planted" saying. I'm going to use that!

Much love to you all!
Jo.
Old 09-04-2001, 05:36 PM   #9  
Conquering with SBD

Another week has passed, hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day week-end. Mine was packed full of family, friends and fun. It was followed by weigh-in Tuesday. Down another 1.75 lb., not great, but still on the downward side. I'm now down to 165.25 lb. I was hoping to be down to 160 lb. by the time I leave for Qatar on Sept. 13. It's not in cards, but I will be close.

I am happy, though, that in checking my BMI, I have moved from the obese category to merely "overweight." I was really having difficulty in viewing myself as obese. In fact, I have difficulty viewing myself as overweight. Until about 5 years ago, I could put anything into my mouth that I wanted and it never solidified around the waist. However, this inability to control weight gain has been new for me and unmanageable. I am happy that I am on the way down now.

One of my sons went to Winnipeg this past weekend to visit his new heartthrob of the moment. My son plays in a band in the military reserves and his girlfriend also plays in a reserve band. They met during a training session in Ontario this past May. Their respective bands have toured some of the same places throughout the summer, so they have been able to see each other occasionally, including a week stint in Edmonton, where we live. Anyway, this past weekend was his weekend to go meet "the parents." In the car on the way home from the airport last night, our son was explaining that they discovered that they did their basic training at the same time, in the same place, in 1999. Her parents videoed the grad exercises, so they watched the grad ceremony. Our son says that his girlfriend was watching the video and yelled, "Hey, there's your father." Our son said that he saw me walk by in the video at that moment. OK, OK, this has been a long story, but then he says, "Boy mom, have you every lost a lot of weight since then." Even 22-year-old kids can be kind on the odd occasion.

Our daughter and son-in-law, along with our 2 granddaughters, have been visiting for the past week and a half. The house pretty much looks like a hurricane hit. Soooo, just to get me back, hubby and our daughter had a surprise birthday party for me this past Saturday…with 50 of my closest friends. Yikes. I'm not sure if my first concern was the messy house, or how I was going to stay OP for the party. Anyway, our daughter made everything with ff ingredients and the only slip was the piece of cake at the end of the party. When I counted up my points, I was still within the daily range. I had a great time visiting and found I was so busy enjoying guests, I forgot to eat anything. That was definitely a first.

Sunday, I invited family over for dinner before the grandkids went home. For dinner, I served buffalo ribs. They are great for entertaining, but even better for points. Buffalo is 3.56 points per 100 grams where beef is 5.65 points per 100 grams. Chicken is even higher than buffalo at 4.92 points. I can hardly wait til my regular supply of bison opens up this season (they shut down for the summer). I will be stocking up on that rather than the usual beef.

Jo - Sorry to hear about your friend. It's great that you and co-workers were able to show your support. I can understand your "not great showing" at WW with all the stress that you are under. My heavens, girl, you are doing great to be able to lose some weeks. This is a new week, and it will be better.

Sharon - How was the weekend in West Virginia? Great to hear that you lost over 6 pounds before you went. Hope the weekend wasn't too hard on the weight loss. Hope the White Zinfadel wasn't too hard on you…

CH - Congrats on starting an exercise program. Like you, I also hate, despise even, exercise. I work at a technical institute where we have all the fitness equipment available for staff to use between the hours of 6am and 10pm. I can even get my own personal fitness trainer at work. They make it waaaay to easy, but I still don't take advantage of the facilities. I will need to start to use my treadmill at home as part of my weight loss program. I just can't bring myself to get into a bathing suit at work yet - especially when the boss hangs around the fitness centre. Thanks so much for the welcome to the group. I am having a great deal of fun meeting everyone and reading about your lives.

Anne - Welcome to the group. I am also new and have met a group of the friendliest people. Great to hear from you and keep up the exercise routine. As you know, it is something that I should do, but…

Gotta go now. Take care, everyone. Have another great losing week.
Old 09-05-2001, 01:28 AM   #10  

Hello Ladies!

Jut popping in to say

I hope you are all doing well and have enjoyed the long, holiday weekend.

Judy- Sweetie, how are you doing? You and Cal are in my prayers! {{{{{{{JUDY}}}}}}}} Let us know how you are doing.

Well, it's my bedtime ....God knows I need all the beauty sleep I can get

A big hello to all the new kids .... you will love this group.

To all, a big hello!

Hugs,
Sylvia
Old 09-05-2001, 10:01 AM   #11  

Hello All!!

I am still around. Just a quick note here. Been going to school, working and exercising. So much to do in such little time. Next Friday I am going to Vegas with some girls from work. I don't know how I am going to fit that in, but I am. Looking forward to that. Been trying to loose some weight. The last time I weighed myself I lost 6 pounds. Been walking alot, taking my little doggy Sandy with me. Nothing else really new....SOS

JUDY - Hope that you are doing OK? Post and let us know how you are? (((Judy)))

SANDI - Miss you while you are away. Hope that you are having a good time. Hopes that there is no tropical storms around.

JO - Good job in the weight loss department. Too bad you weren't going to Vegas this weekend. We could of meet somewhere!

SHARON - Sorry I haven't been in touch. I really don't even have the time to go to the bathroom! LOL Hope you have a good time on your mini vacation.

ANNEWARD - Welcome to our group. I have been here for over 2 years now, and just love everyone! Like part of the family.

Have to run folks. Always on the go!!! Take care.

Love, Chrissy
Old 09-05-2001, 01:42 PM   #12  
Long Lost Chickie

Whew! What was that whirlwind that just flashed through!?! Think it was little Chrissy. Zoom! And she's gone again! LOL! Such energy!

Know what they did here at work? Installed an ice cream machine in the cafeteria. What are they trying to do to me!?!? I haven't been near the thing or people when they're munching on ice cream sandwiches and fudgesicles. Sometimes it's easiest to just avoid it all.

Been walking in the evening for the past day or two. Trying desperately to get back on program, etc. I just can't seem to get motivated.

The big paper signing/meeting/finalizing, etc. set for tonight with Scumball has been postponed again. Still hoping that tiny glimmer is a light at the end of this tunnel. Last night I made poor Rich drive me over to the courthouse where I'll have to report for jury duty next Friday (9/14). Good thing he's pretty much used to my obsessing. At least now I'm sure I'll find it and know how many miles, etc. The map they sent with the summons was pitiful!

Sweettooth, sounds like you've been a busy lady! Thanks for the vote of confidence about my weight loss. I hope you're right!

Judy, how are you!?!? Miss your face in this place. Please let us know how you're doing.

Well, I have to go do some work. Heck, it ain't glamorous but until I win that lottery or hit big in Vegas, it's what I gotta do. Chrissy, I'll tell you what I told Sylvia. Just leave some money there for me!!

Hope you're all having a good one.
Much love, Jo.
Old 09-07-2001, 09:14 AM   #13  
Long Lost Chickie

Oh, I'm just a lonely girl ... lonely and blu-u-ue ... I'm all alo-o-one ... with nothin' to do..... Anyone remember that old song?? Anyone here at all?? I hate being all by myself! Sniff. Can't help it you all have lives and I don't! Grumble.

Well, then I can't tell you all my new idea. So there. I'll just have to wait until some of you guys come back and then spring my all new weight loss plan on you. It's a great one, I tell ya! But you'll just have to come here and post or you'll never know!

Any takers? Anyone? Anyone?

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!

Love, Jo.
Old 09-07-2001, 04:21 PM   #14  

Hello again!!!

It's me!!!

I am here Jo! Please tell me about your new weight loss plan. I am so very interested. Please......share your ideas!!!

Just been banging my head on this computer for the last 3 hours doing homework.! UGH! Why am I doing this for?? But I am learning so much. Got alot of homework done. The teacher assigned all of these projects and have to get them done before a certain timeframe. Got back a quiz yesterday...only got 1 wrong Was happy about that.

Just popping in to say hello and hope that everyone has a good weekend.

Where is everyone????????????

As Jo would say. Please....Jo, I want to know about your new weight loss plan.

Take care all....

Chrissy
Old 09-07-2001, 10:44 PM   #15  

Default Just stopping by...

After a drought...I hit the street again tonight for a 1.9 mile walk. It felt great! First opportunity to get outside since Monday. I'm already planning tomorrow's walk.

Jo, I'd love to hear about your weight loss ideas. I'm all ears!!!!

Anne
Closed Thread