Old 11-03-2005, 09:56 AM   #1  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Default 10 pounds to GO-al!

I've always heard that the last few pounds are the hardest to lose and I have a feeling it's going to be even more difficult losing those pounds with all of the holidays coming up over the next two months! If you have 10 pounds or less to lose until you reach your goal weight let's meet here and encourage each other to stay on track and lose those last few pounds before the new year!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:24 PM   #2  

Way back in September I was hoping to lose 10 pounds by thanksgiving. Here I am with 3 weeks to go.
I'm kind of hoping to lose 5. That's do-able I think. I just need to stick to it. I am counting calories, trying to stay around 1500. I've done that for 2 days now, but here comes the week-end!
Suzy, what is your plan/routine for losing the 10?
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:20 PM   #3  
Losing it...again!

Hi Apple! Sounds like we have a few things in common! I'm also counting calories and try to stay between 1200 and 1500. Sticking to it...that's the key! Here I am with 10 pounds to go and people started telling me how good I look and that I don't need to lose any more weight, so what did I do? I started eating like I could afford to gain a few pounds! What was I thinking?! Anyway I'm back on track again and I'm more determined than ever to reach my goal! I live in northern Pennsylvania and it can be hard to get out and walk here in the wintertime, so I'm seriously thinking about buying a treadmill. I think it would be a good investment...I know there's no way I'll be able to get the rest of this weight off and keep it off this winter without exercising.

5 pounds by Thanksgiving might be a stretch for me...I've been averaging a weekly 1 pound loss, but I plan to be well in the 140's by then for sure! So if we stay on track over the weekend we will be on our way!
Old 11-05-2005, 04:43 PM   #4  

Yesterday was OK but I need to be especially good today. Unfortunately I've already been out for breakfast and had French Toast. Yum. If I behave the rest of the day, low calorie stuff and a salad for dinner, I think I'll be OK.
I'm feeling really tired and grumpy today, so I hope I don't resort to food for comfort.
Is walking your main form of exercise? I love walking, but I just have trouble finding time. I have 3 kids who keep me pretty busy otherwise. I personally would go out in just about any weather unless it's really icy or slippery in any other way. I used to run a lot, before the kids came along and I especially liked winter running. Of course, where I live now we don't get very cold, but it does rain a lot in the winter. A treadmill would be a great investment if you can't get out. I'd like one so I can exercise after the kids have gone to bed, but we really don't have the space. And I could just see one of the kids either hurting themselves or breaking it. I much prefer to be going somewhere when I walk or jog anyway.
Hope you are having a fun week-end!!
Old 11-05-2005, 07:01 PM   #5  
Losing it...again!

Yep, walking is my main form of exercise. I went to Sears today and priced a few treadmills and took some measurments to see if I can find a place to put one! I really don't have the room for one either, but I think I really have to make the room.
So you're a comfort eater too huh? That's how I put most of this weight on...my baby joined the Marine Corps a year and a half ago and next thing I knew I had packed on 20 pounds! He's in Iraq now and I'm determined to be a new and improved mom when he gets home in April. It's a darned hard habit to break though! Nothing makes you feel better more than baking something and then eating warm right out of the oven! Bread, cake, cookies, apple crisp, macaroni and cheese...it's hard to replace that stuff with carrot sticks, but I'm trying!
Old 11-12-2005, 12:54 PM   #6  

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Still sitting here with my 10 pounds.
I have to set some more limits. I think and excellent one will be no eating after dinner!!! Thats my most dangerous time. And I need to be more aerobic, get my heart and lungs working. I'm so out of shape. It's just so hard to fit it in...
Hope you are doing well!!
Old 11-14-2005, 03:25 PM   #7  

I was able to take a walk/jog Saturday AND Sunday. It felt so good! I am going to do this regularly after thanksgiving. (my husbands schedule doesn't allow it until then...) I am in very bad shape, but my dog seems to be in worse shape than me. By the end of the walk 2 blocks/jog one, he was at the end of his leash, behind me. Poor puppy. I'm going to schedule an official weigh-in on Friday. Here we go!