Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-11-2005, 02:49 PM   #1  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Default About how many days per week are you OP?

Just curious how many days per week most of us can stay OP.

Can you tell me what your plan is, how consistent you are, and how quickly you lose weight?

I need help being consistent.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:53 PM   #2  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

P.S. Here's my info:

Old plan -- 1500 calories per day, 160 minutes of cardio per week.
Old consistency -- 4 days per week.
Old rate of weight loss -- Averaged .5 lb. per week.

If I stayed OP all week, I would lose 1-2 lbs. per week. That was great, but I rarely stayed OP all week.

Current plan -- Limit junk food and exercise daily.
Consistency -- 5-6 days per week.
Rate of weight loss -- 1 lb. per week.

I think it would be interesting to compare this info! Even though everybody is different. Maybe we could get and give some support in how to be consistent.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:28 PM   #3  

I'm usually on plan 6 days a week. I try to stay under 1600 calories and have one cheat meal on saturday which usually brings me up to 2000.

I go to curves 3 days a week and do WATP 2 mile on the other days
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:37 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I can't go OP, because I don't have a concrete P. This is what works for me, and I never get demoralized.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:51 PM   #5  
banned

im usually bout 5 1/2 thats why i need to heavily exercise
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:37 PM   #6  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBJ333
Can you tell me what your plan is, how consistent you are, and how quickly you lose weight?
My plan = low fat, low carb, high protein (100 grams/day) + 3 days cardio (30 - 45 min.) + 3 days weight training (30 min.) I don't count calories.

I'm on plan 7 days a week because I allow myself to "cheat" in SUPREME moderation, and I usually plan my cheating 3 - 4 days ahead of time (ie: I decide Tuesday that I'll buy a snack-size bag of chips over the weekend).

I lose at a rate of 1/2 - 1 lb a week.
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:12 PM   #7  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

I was off my plan for a month or two.
I have stepped back in the game by
Eating no more than 1200 calories a day.
Working out 5 days a week with the two days off.
I have one cheat meal a week
I havent seen any more weight loss yet but I was losing 2 pounds a week at least before my plateau.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 10:27 PM   #8  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

I'm on plan pretty consistently, with about 1500 - 1600 cals per day and 1800 - 1900 on 'splurge' days every couple of weeks. I record everything I eat in an on-line food log.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:24 AM   #9  
Movin on down the scale

I try to stay OP like 6 days a week, I allow 1 day to eat what the rest of the family is eating, just I limit my intake and still try to stay around the 1200 calorie mark. I do a low fat/high protein plan. I have been loosing about 1.5-2lbs per week since Aug 1.
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #10  
1 day at a time

Interesting question...

I am trying not to think in terms of being "on" or "off" a plan or a program...that was my thinking in the past and it didn't work for me.

This is what I'm trying to do now:

- make healthier choices in what I eat
- at least 1 fruit and 3 vegetable servings a day
- drink lots of water
- stop mindlessly eating all the junk at work when I'm stressed or too busy or having a bad day (and I work at a law firm, so "stressed", "too busy" and "bad day" are part of the job description!)
- cardio 3x per week, minimum of 30 minutes
- add weight workouts 2 to 3x per week
- focus on progress, not perfection!

I don't count calories, since that drives me crazy. I use the old BFL palm/fist guideline for protein and carb portions. I have 50 pounds to lose, and have given myself a year to do it. Generally, I make good choices during the week, and let loose a bit on the weekends. Is it working? Well, I lost 1 lb. last week. Works for me!
EllyMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:32 AM   #11  

I take in average per week cals....lets me be flexible...so if i have a high day, then i have a low day (or two)...i never go over 2200 cal though no matter what i am doing (because otherwise on the other days i would be really hungry)

my average per week is 1300....and i make sure that 1000 of those are quality calories (fruit, veg, ww, lean protein, dairy)

i do at least 25 miles of running per week
2 weight sessions

i find that if i look at it in terms of weeks and not days i just do better, so if i have a bad day or even two, i can just balance it out with better days, it really works because then i dont beat myself up...kind of like i can make it up so i dont worry too much..

i am trying to lose inches right now, and it seems to work really well, i have lost an inch on my stomach, 1/2 on each thigh, and 2 on my hips, and my arms look better so i think it is working pretty well
yume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 09:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'm with a lot of other people. I try not to think about on or off plan by the day but count calories and more look at weeks. I'm doing this for life, and have to acknowledge that there will be days I eat more and days I eat less. For me, thinking about being off plan sounds more like I failed somehow than just thinking it was a day I happened to eat more. I do write down al the food I eat, too.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 09:43 AM   #13  
Opulent

wyllenn, you and others have said what I feel

I look at this as a lifestyle change and am always working with multiple variables- calories, fat and fiber grams, nutritional content of foods, exercise, amount of water drank and so on.

In general, I stick to 1200-1500 calories daily and if I go over this, I make up for it by eating less the next day and/or exercising more to keep within an acceptable range for the week.

I plan on a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio daily and am now integrating days where I do 5 minutes of cardio, 30 of weight training and then 30 of cardio.

I start and finish each day off with a large glass of water. I never drink water with meals, as this dilutes the digestive juices and has caused problems for me and so I drink a large glass of water 30 minutes before each meal. I get in at least a gallon of water.

I aim for as fiber-rich a day as possible, usually between 45-65 grams daily.

I get in 60 grams of protein daily, the amount recommended for me by nutritionists and nutritionally-savvy doctors.

I eat a plant-based diet (not as in "dieting" but as in this is what my food consists of ) and therefore take in *zero* cholesterol and minimal saturated fats.

I eat a very low fat diet, usually between 15-25 grams daily.

I do all these things not only because I am losing weight but to be as healthy as I can be. My plan will contain a bit more calories and a few more fat grams on occasion when I am in maintainance because this is a livable plan and a lifestyle choice.
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 10:43 AM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I sometimes go wildly off plan whether I intend to or not. Happens to the best of us. Since last month, I have been religiously tracking my calories in Fitday, and I have been having a daily average each week of about 1700-1900 calories. Now, sometimes I only eat 1200-1300 calories a day, so when I "go off plan" (typically on weekends), I can have those extra calories (like Saturday, I had 2600), but it all balances out, so I wouldn't even necessarily say I was off plan since it's all accounted for. I also don't normally exercise (formally) on the weekends, but my goal is only 3-4 days a week of cardio right now anyway, which I get during the week.

That said, I would consider myself on plan 7 days a week since it all evens out when averaged. I have lost about 10 pounds in the past 3 weeks doing this. I don't limit fat or carbs or purposely increase protein--I eat whatever I eat and just make sure I know the calories (though I have drastically reduced the amount of highly-processed foods in my diet and stick a lot to lean meats, fruits, low-fat/fat-free dairy, and a few veggies).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:47 PM   #15  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Think what a lot of other people have said make sense. My plan is to average 1200 calorie days. In the past I might have said I am OP 4 days of the week, with Friday/Saturday/Sunday often unnaccounted for. This usually meant I was just about maintaining.

I consider my success in eating more important than my success in weight loss. I also have other small goals, like when I log all my calories in to fitday I pay close attention to levels of protein and fat, and will often try to plan dinner or plan the next day's meals based on where I was lacking that day. Also, I'm not a very exercise-heavy person, but have bought a few new videos in the last couple weeks and signed myself up for the President's challenge. I find these measures to be more motivating than focusing on on plan or off plan. And like a lot of other calorie counters, I've had some heavy weekend days along with several very sparse days, so I try to focus on the overall picture (average my calories every week) rather than a particular day by itself. Or consider logging a very calorie-heavy day a victory because at least I am admitting to and facing up to what I just ate.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote