Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-10-2005, 10:11 PM   #1  
gbo

Default Believe it or not................Surgery date!!!

Well my Dears I am a very happy camper tonight. I was handed what appeared to be a set back though minor... My Surgeon wanted me to have a series of cardiopulminary tests done to make sure I have no breathing problems (35 yrs of smoking). Well, darn ....I admit to being disappointed but as I had an appointment with my family practice doctor today anyway at least I could jump on it . So I went in today loaded for bear. A flu shot , pnemonia shot and anti-biotics for a bug I have picked up in the very early stages, and a request for PFT's and ABG's. I told them it was all that was keeping me from a surgery date! Asap, please. The Doctor ordered the tests and the nurse went to set it up came back and asked me if I had a preference as to the hospital , I said no but if possible tomorrow....she looked up at me amused and said oh, not today? YES, YES, YES, anytime.
As soon as the tests were done the technician faxed them to my surgeon. I dashed home and called his office to tell them the results were either there or would be in minutes. She called back and said they are already in your records...so when would be convenient for you....... My pre-op is Nov. 16th and my surgery date is Nov.21st!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooo ready!!!!
Pam
gbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:02 AM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

Best of luck to you for this Pam... I'll make a mental note and think of you on that date! xx
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:15 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Luck Pam !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:37 PM   #4  

Pam -- November 21 is my birthday, and I will be thinking good thoughts for you! You'll really have something to be thankful for this year! Yippeeeeee!!!!
DancingAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 07:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats!! Are you have RNY or Lap-Band? You must be so excited/nervous/happy!! I cant' wait to hear all the details!!

I've just gotten my paperwork in to the insurance co and my surgeon won't set a date until the approvals come back. I go in next week for bloodwork and an upper GI series. They want me to fast (not even water) until the appt at 1:30 in the afternoon, after which I will immediately have to dash and pick up the kids - as long as it makes their day good though LOL. A friend will grab the kids so it's not all bad....
kfs151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:58 PM   #6  
gbo

Kim.... RNY surgery. I am eager, but that is because I am so very ready. The only concern I have is what effect the hernias will have on my scheduled date! The exam on the 16th will let me know exactly what is to come.
Pam
gbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 07:43 AM   #7  
Old Cackler

pam - this is so exciting!!! after everything you've been through!!!!

about the hernias... they'll probably fix them with the surgery. unless they're enormous, like pookie's was.

do you have everything ready? do you have someone coming in to help you for few days after you get home? sanitary pads for the drainage work great!!! better than gauze [i tried this because i'm soooo allergic to the adhesive in tapes and therefore i can't keep gauze in place.]

protein powders? chicken broth? tea? SF drink powders like crystal light?
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote