Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 02:59 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Weight Loss and Chit Chat #150!!!!!

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies site.

We're a friendly group of women that provides support in our weight loss journey.

We also share the ups and downs of our daily lives. Please come join us!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #2  

I'll be back later, James made me breakfasts!! MMMMM....smells good too!
Old 11-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Back again for a few minutes!

Susan~I meant to ask you how you liked Bewitched...was it good, worth renting? I am thinking about renting some DVD's tomorrow, haven't seen any good movies in a while. Well, we did see SAW2 while in GA-Josh wanted to go see it. It was good if you like movies like that, which I do. There definitely will be a SAW 3! Wonder how far they will take them, if it will be like Friday the 13th where Jason kept coming back?! Anyway, what is up with the e-mail? Maybe she actually wanted you to see it to know that Mike is working and pretended to send it to someone else. Well, hopefully if he is working a good job and they track him down you will get child support on a regular basis.

Marti~so what did James fix you for breakfast? I cooked this morning, something I hardly do, for breakfast that is. I usually just have a bowl of cereal or McDonalds hotcakes w/o butter and/or syrup. But I fixed some good old oat meal, bacon and biscuits. Probably nothing good like James cooked but it was good! Once in a while I will cook breakfast for dinner. Enjoy your breakfast and your time with James!

Anywho...just dropped in for a few while I am eating lunch which isn't very good. Just a plain sandwich and a banana. I hate it when I have nothing to do for the day...end up spending too much time on the computer. Well, i am outta here again. See ya ladies!
Old 11-10-2005, 04:05 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Angie - we have a super Walmart here, with entrance doors at 2 locations, and lots of different door greeters. I like all of them. Hey, how'd the blood work turn out? Is your iron up?

Susan - if Mike is driving a truck, you ought to be getting a lot more money now, right? Bet xmil will be sorry she sent you the email, lol. Sounds like your company likes to downsize older employees. Watch out in a decade or so, lol.

Cristi - aww, I think it's so sweet that you're waiting Thanksgiving dinner for Josh. That's what I would do, too, in your shoes. Speaking of dinners, we sometimes have breakfast for dinner, too. It's really hard for me, pointwise, but I like it, and so do Neal and Kate.

Marti - glad you're liking the reference department. How long will you be there? Will you be making homemade crust for the pies? After reading all about the pies, my mouth is watering for some, lol.

Yesterday I took off, on the spur of the moment, with my sister Katie to Evansville. (no tornado damage where we were, btw) She had some Christmas shopping to do. Since I'm almost done with mine, I shopped for myself. Got a new Christmas shirt and a couple other things. I did buy Neal some new watch caps. He goes through them like crazy, getting them all dirty or pilled.

Then today, I took Caylin and did the Wally World thing. It was really crowded in there, and she gave me a run for my money, even though she was sitting in the cart. With so many people, I had to keep my cart close to the shelves, and she kept pulling stuff off the shelves. She turned 2 last month, so I blame it on that, lol.

Katie's cooking tonight - she usually does on Thursdays. Barbecue chicken, seasoned rice and green beans. We always have salad fixins, too.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:45 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

I didn't watch Bewitched Cristi, I didn't have time last weekend.

I got the check and cashed it!! It was for 135 and his ex got one for 107 - so we are sharing my 244 order amount - which I don' tunderstand - even though it has been explained to me. Automatic change of the order doesn't happen I have to request for a review. So, caseworker said she will send out the forms to me. See ..........she didn't offer and can't confirm that he is working at the truck company but I said I knew and how long before I find out on medical coverage for Gaby??? She said the 7th of Dec and it can't cost him more that $235........whatEVER......it isn't going to cost him that much.

better get!! Hectic day and week and basic life.....lol.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 11-10-2005 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #6  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good day all,,,
Geesh Susan there is alot to do about CS eh? I remember always doing the garnishing of wages with CS.
I wanna see Bewitched,,,just cause I love Wil Ferrel
Tanner went to band camp,,,just got home and said they got to watch Coach Carter,,,relaly good and wants us to rent it.
Jane,,,I loved them shopping trips with all them extras added to the cart...lol
Did the blood work, will find out later how my iron is.
Geesh Marti,,,please send James over here! I want from scratch pumpkin pie! WAAA
can't figure out the ticker...*sigh notice the chick? 10 lbs down.

Nothing new around here... have theatre rehearsal. Basement is looking awesome. Once I was done my blood work I went up to starbucks for a latta and heard this guy who is a realitor talking on his cell. Once he was done I asked him if I could pick his brain...lol Offered to buy him a coffee,,,anyways we had been getting alot of calls from realitors wanting us to let them sell our house..the housing market here is wild. The builders aren't even taking names for houses anymore its over a year wait. The value of our house just jumped 20 grand in a year,,,and now with the school across the street being built as we speak thats another 10 grand plus now our basement is going to be finished add anothe 10...wahoo We will make over 65 grand if we sold right now. Thing is where would we go? ...
gotta get going...ttfn
Old 11-11-2005, 12:52 AM   #7  
a work in progress

Hi ladies!

I like carrots, and that dancing carrot is really cool. I like the banana, too... They look like they are friends, and hang out on the weekends, ya know?

I have tomorrow off, yay! Noah is here too, has tomorrow off school, so we are going to the mall with my friend and her son who is Noah's age.

Had to buy a new stove -- well, we could have tried to get this one fixed, but it's very old, and we might not be able to get parts anymore. That's what happened when we tried to get the dishwasher fixed when we first bought this place -- had a home warranty, and they couldn't get parts for it, so we got a new one for free, but don't have the warranty anymore. So, this one we paid for ourselves, but it will be nicer than my last one -- sealed burners, easier to clean, self cleaning oven, two standard burners and one high power one, and one simmer burner. It should be delivered Saturday, which is good, because I was wondering how I would make Thanksgiving dinner with an oven that was only working part time! I would have ended up with a huge thawed out turkey, no way to cook it, and burgers for dinner

I thought I was just going to make a small WW friendly Thanksgiving dinner for hubby and me, but then both Noah and Mike told me they love my cooking and want to have dinner with us, so now I have a cook a big meal. Mike did ask if he could come over early and help because he wants to learn his way around a kitchen better -- so at least I'll have a sous chef. I found some really good recipes in Cooking Light Magazine last year that I'll make again this year -- cranberry sauce with orange peel and port wine (and I think I throw in a few dried cherries too, what the heck) and whipped fresh sweet potatoes with bourbon, maple syrup, and toasted pecans....mmmmmmmmm....and I found a new recipe this year (still WW points friendly) for little phyllo dough pumpkin tarts with a candied pecan topping, kind of a cross between pumpkin pie and pecan pie. Thanksgiving dinner is a lot of work, but I love to cook, and I'll have Mike's help, so it will be fun....

Ah, too sleepy to do individuals tonight -- but I did have fun reading through all of your goings-on!

G'night, JL's,
Mary Kate
Old 11-11-2005, 06:39 AM   #8  

Hello all!!

Cristi--James made some turkey sausage and potatoes (mixed together) And he seasoned it up w/something that I'm not sure of, but it was sooooo good! I felt spoiled. He even made me lunch before work! I was thrilled! He pressure cooked some chicken and then chopped it up in the food processor and then fixed it up like it was tuna. That was very good too. Where did he learn to cook?

Jane--I do like reference. It's a lot more mellow in there. I'm really unsure of how long I'm suppose to be in there. I thought just this month, but I'm hearing at least 5months so I can cover for this girl while she goes on maternity leave. She'll leave in December and be back in March. Wish they would clue me in, because I REALLY want a day shift! As for pies....of coarse homemade crust!! My grandma gave me this recipe called "no fail crust" So flakey and so good! Boy.....I'm gaining weight just thinking of Thanksgiving!

Susan--WTH??? I just don't get the systems around here! Or anywhere for that matter. Why would you be sharing your court order amount?? That's ridiculous! Hope things get straightened out for ya!

Angie--Goodness gracious girl! You had the ticker done right before, you just didn't paste it in your siggy! I'd do it for you if I could. But anyway...I will tell James to make a special trip to Canada so he can cook for you for a week. Think he'll go for that?? I'll let you know how it all turned out.

MaryKate--James & I have been eating so well and I had to ask him about thanksgiving and what he wanted me to do. Did he want low cal/low fat (which is what we're doing) or what? And he said "Heck no....we're going for the gusto and eating until we get sick." Oooohh...doesn't that sound fun? We'll just go back to the way we've been eating after the holiday.

Ugh....I think I may have a bladder infection or something. (sorry to share that, but it's true) It's uncomfortable and I feel I need to keep "going" once I've gone. So tomorrow.......I'm calling the doctor. I'm tired of drinking tons of water and cranberry juice in hopes that it'll clear....I want drugs to get rid of it!! (makes me feel dirty! how did I get one? I've never had one before!)

Alright....off I go. I'm so tired. I think I'll sleep until noon!!!

Hugs to you all!
Old 11-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #9  
One day at a time

A very good Friday morning ladies & a Happy Veterans Day!

I woke up in such a good mood this morning! Ready to face the world and the wind! That is the only thing I don't care for about fall & winter in KS-it is windy as ****! It truly makes it hard to walk, especially when I have a sore throst. I fell a cold coming on. Of course V has one and I told him stay away from me! So next week I may hit the mall. Going to call later to see what time they open for the walkers. I think it is 8 a.m. but not sure. And that is the time I walk every morning. I leave at 7:30 but with work traffic and lights I get to the park at 8:00. Anyway, I am hoping it is 8. I tried the treadmill and I just don't think I am going to make it through winter on that. I was lucky to get 2 miles yesterday. It just bores me so. Anyway...

Marti~how sweet of James! I would love a man to cook for me. Well, Vince has and can cook but I took over when we married. He can't bake though. No problem sharing you have a bladder infection. I can only imagine the pain. I've never had one or a kidney infection but my sister would get them once in a while and they were very painful for her. She drank lots and lots of cranberry juice per Dr.s orders.

Susan~that is a bunch of crap. Why would you have to share your CS? But then you are dealing with the government and I think that says a lot. I will never understand all the mumbo jumbo with that. I have a friend that went through the same stuff because her ex hid everything and started a new family. So the kids got screwed. And that's the thing...it's not the ex that it is getting screwed but the kids in all this and I don't understand why they can't see that.

MaryKate~you can still cook and eat WW friendly even with having to cook a big meal. Just don't tell anyone coming over! I know it's harder said than done. Glad you will have Noah and Mike over for Thanksgiving. Hey, want to share the pumkin tart and the sweet potato recipes? They sound soooo good! I too like the dancing carrot and banana! Too cute! Have a fun day at the mall!

Angie~I didn't even notice your new avatar, sorry! I need to pay closer attention to these things. I thought it was still the 5 pound one. Anyway, WTG on reaching 10 pounds! Are you guys thinking about moving again?

Jane~okay, fill me in on watch caps...don't think I have ever heard of them. Probably know what they are but might not have heard them called that. Hope dinner was good last night, it sounded good.

Hi to everyone else!

I finally finished that book last night and must say I was a little disappointed. I don't think it was as good as the others and didn't like the way it ended. I don't know...maybe it's just that I was in a reading mood and not that interested in it. But I did finish it and off to finish the next one and start one I have been dying to get to. It is the third in a series kind of. Also, got my Thanksgiving cards ready to be mailed and watched my favorite shows...The O.C., CSI and Without A Trace. Of course I completely forgot that today is Veteran's Day so the mail won't be running. I went a head and took the cards to the post office anyway. Was going to do it tomorrow but was out and about this morning so went ahead and mailed them-they won't go out until tomorrow anyway. Took Ernie dog out to play and picked up poop while out there. It's such a nice day and I hate to be cooped up inside but the wind makes it bad. Should have never cut my hair! That's the problem...not so much the wind, but my hair blowing in my eyes, face and mouth. Not good when you have make-up/lipstick on! Okay, in a chatty mood for some reason and I probably should cut this off now, otherwise I will just keep babbling!

Take care ladies and have a wonderful Friday/weekend!
Old 11-11-2005, 03:06 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

The whole CS gives me a headache. I almost want to discontinue with the state CS office and just go after him privately. It all began when I had Gaby on state medical and CS steps in to help get her support.
Now it is all about the office making me do all the work and wait,wait,wait while they protect HIS rights and basically screw the children.
It is a pain. Though I wonder if asking for a mod is in my best interest or just hang onto the 244. I will need to do the calculation and figure out.

Like he is going to work there for a loooooong time - haha- he will be strung out in a few months. He can never hold a job and making the $$$$ will only mean he can buy drugs now.

anyway- I am working - just wanted to say hello!!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 04:41 PM   #11  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Susan, I just understand the things they do...I wonder if it was them in that situation it would continue? hmmm NO!
Cristi,,,malls should be open now,,,which is way past noon. I worked this morning then ran to Micheals for Momma Chris who is making me another shawl. She spoils me!
Marti,,,Gawd woman you are lucky! My mouth was watering thinking of your dinner...
I made shrimp last night,,,used a caserole dish,,added some butter buds,,lots of cajun spice and garlic...WAHEEE dat was good. I made steak with it,,,I sliced them up thin and threw them in another caserole dish with BBQ sauce..gosh Im a good cook when I want to be! lol
Anyways Marti,,I had an infection years ago,,,when I was 8 months pregnant with Tanner and that is what brought labour on. Drinking alot of water is a good thing,,flushing it out naturally,,,they will also say to do sits baths.
Hope you feel better soon.
well Im off to clean the yard since its nice,,,windy but nice.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:01 PM   #12  

Hi gals--

This one will be short as I need to go to the pharmacy. Yep...it's an infection. I knew it was for sure when I woke up this morning. I had a fever, and my lower back was in pain all night long. Pitiful.

At least I went to the doc's before it got really bad.

Ok....I'm off to go pick up my stuff. I may go to work and only work a few hours...I feeling crappy!!

Have a great night.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:13 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hello ladies!

Susan - yep, why in the world the courts protect the dads so much, I'll never know. I took it around and around with my ex, and finally gave up. Then I signed papers releasing him from CS if he would let me change our son's last name to my maiden name, since his name was highly unusual and associated around here with law-breakers. (I had changed my name back after the divorce) Funny thing is, it's a very, very famous last name now, but we're still so glad we got rid of it. Think Justin.

Angie - YAY for 10#s down!! You're doing great, and will have lost plenty by the time your surgery date gets here. If you sell your house, I know where you can move to - Southern Indiana!!! I'd love to have you for a neighbor. You talking to the realtor sounds like me - I'll talk to anybody anytime whether I know them or not, if I see a reason to.

MaryKate - your T'giving dinner sounds yummy. God forbid that I try new holiday recipes around here, though. The fam would have a cow. I do lighten up the recipes a tad though, w/o their knowledge. What they don't know will make them healthier, lol.

Marti - glad you found out for sure what's wrong. You'll feel much better after 48 hours. I'm glad to know you aren't going to put fresh pumpkin in store boughten crusts, lol.

Cristi - a watch cap is a knitted cap that men wear. It pulls down over the head, covers the ears, and usually has a cuff. You see them in black and other dark colors a lot. Neal is almost bald on top, so his poor head about freezes off without one, lol.

I have absolutely nothing new to say, except that in addition to no mail today, it didn't run yesterday, either. Every Saturday, there's a sub, and our regular guy must have wanted a 4-day break. Keep in mind that this is from the same post office that closes from 12 til 1 every day for lunch. No, I'm not kidding!

Gonna go surf.... see you later.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:50 AM   #14  
RosieKate

Oh Jane - that's small town life for ya! Our P.O. is packed from 12 -1 , of course, I try to stay away then and go when everyone is at work. Your previous post did get me moving on our Thanksgiving, so thank you, lol!

My son's birthday is on Thanksgiving, so that adds some more festivity. My brother will be over as well as my MIL and her partner. I ordered a free-range turkey from New Seasons. I love doing that; I can do it online, then just waltz in and pick it up at the butcher, and they usually throw in 5lbs of organic potatoes and chicken broth. Our dinner has been sort of slimmed down for years. We have a turkey and I make garlic mashed potatoes. I'll steam some broccoli and have some cranberry walnut rolls. Maybe we'll live large, and I'll make some gravy. No stuffing, so heavy casseroles. This year, I am thinking of making some pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting, since it's James' birthday. Haven't decided yet how to spend the rest of the day. We usually see my Grandma is Salem, but I don't think I can squeeze that in this year, since we also have a church service in the morning. I'll just have to work all that out I guess.

Marti - so sorry about the infection. You'll feel lots better after you get an antibiotic. I used to get lots of bladder infections when DH and I started, ahem, dating. You don't really want to know why I use to chug cranberry juice, but baking soda in water helped, too. Hope you can get the day schedule you want.

Cristi - I haven't been posting as much as I used to so this is late in coming, but you are doing such a great job with your walking! I can tell you are determined, and it's paying off. I'm glad you had such a nice visit with your son, he does look tired in the pictures, can't imagine why

Speaking of determination, seems like everyone is on a roll around here. MaryKate and Angie and Marti are all losing..Jane's continuing to do well..then there's little ol' me... WW just wasn't working out for me this time around. So I switched back to counting calories on Fitday and this week I lost 2 lbs. With all the exercising, I just needed to change my system. This is not unusual for me, I have two or three ways of keeping track: WW, Fitday, and Zone(or sometimes Core) and I switch around depending on how my life is going. I just need to make changes now and again to keep me on my toes. Sounds weird, I know. I figured if I can lose 1 pound a week, I'll be at goal by Vegas. That's pretty motivating. Even though I am lousy at weight loss goals....sigh.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 11-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Hello ladies, and a good Saturday to you!

Katy~WTG on the 2 lb. loss! I don't think it is weird at all. We all have to do what works for "us". Yes, Josh was tired. He said they had stayed up until 2 or 3 a.m. (guess they were all excited) and then had to get up very early. Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds delicious! Especially the cranberry walnut rolls and pumkin muffins w/cream cheese icing! I am not sure what is on the menu for us yet.

Jane~I see...I knew I probably had an idea of what the caps were-just never heard them called that. That's small town livin' for ya, not to say that is a bad thing. I love small town livin' though!

Susan~I am sorry you have to go thru all that with CS. I will never understand why the always seem to favor the father. I hope today is a better day for ya.

Angie~oh, yes, the mall was open. They open early but I wasn't sure how early. The stores open at 10 a.m. except during the holidays. I think the day after Thanksgiving they change their hours to 9 a.m. until Christimas. But the actual mall opens up earlier so people go there to walk before the stores are open. I need to find me a shawl speaking of them. I haven't been able to find one anywhere!

Marti~I hope you are feeling better today girly. Again, I can only imagine the pain since I've never had a b-infection, just seeing my sis go thru it lots of times.

Well, ladies I am cooking some pinto beans for chili today. Thought it would be good since it was "supposed" to be raining and a little cool outdoors. Well, I had to switch the air on because it is supposed to get up to 80! Talk about some weird weather we are having. They are saying we are going to have a mild winter, not just here in KS but everywhere. I would like to see some cooler weather. I am not a chili/soup person on a warm day...I know weird. Anyway, just sticking around the house and doing some reading and cleaning. Did laundry yesterday but will probably do another load. V is working this weekend. That company cracks me up. They do this every year...realize they are not going to get the 300 planes out they are supposed to so wait until November and December and work the guys every weekend until January. They usually work 10 hour days but haven't started that yet. Spent a while adding some pictures to shutterfly this morning. I really need to get a digital camera! I am getting worse and worse with this scanner and getting the pictures into it straight. Actually, I put them in straight but somewhere down the line it goes crooked! Anyway...if you would like to take a gander at the park that I go to to walk heres the link. I had to send some pics to a couple of people so I added those while I was there.
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...2AZOHDZs4YsXNw
It really is a nice, big park-we love it. Wish it was closer though. Well...

Take care ladies and have a great weekend!
Closed Thread