Old 11-06-2005, 06:34 PM   #1  

Default New here

Hi, I am new here. I am Kristin, a 28 year old stay at home mom from Atlanta with a lot of weight to lose. I have been overweight for almost 10 years now, but it was only after the birth of my first child that I felt really fat for the first time. I managed to lose about 15 pounds before getting pregnant with my second child. He was born 9 weeks ago and I am right back to where I started. I would say it is totally worth it, my children are increadible, but I don't see why I can't have both. I am tired of seeing thin women and feeling bitter, angry and jealous. I want to be one of those thin moms. So here I am, hoping to find some support, ideas and buddys who are feeling the same way.
FunKristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 07:19 PM   #2  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Hi Kristin and welcome! I am a 37 year old SAHM although my son is 8. I am a mom and I stay at home so I consider myself a SAHM! You have come to the right place for support. Which diet are you on/starting? I check in at least once a day so I hope to see you around in here and talk to you again!
GeorgiePorgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:04 PM   #3  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:23 PM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome to the group. I look forward to getting to know you.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:57 AM   #5  
Downsizing Dee!

Hi, welcome to the group - you've found a wonderful place! Post often so we can get to know you better.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:05 AM   #6  
One pound at a time...

to the group Kristin! Post often so we can get to know you better!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #7  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome, Kristin!

You'll find masses of great support here. Stick around.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:59 PM   #8  
2006 - Panda Remix

Wecome Kristin!

Try not to be too hard on yourself - you just gave birth 9 weeks ago! Take things gently and build up from there - that's what I did and it's worked well so far.

Look forward to getting to know you

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:42 PM   #9  
Will work for yarn!

Welcome!
myholidayboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:52 AM   #10  
undeniably moby

Yay! Welcome
satylite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:23 PM   #11  

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I am feeling good today. After posting the other night, I started making some better choices. I already feel healthier. I am taking some steps in the right direction. I am also starting a blog, to have a place all my own to journal. I have had a cold and went to the doctor to be weighed and was thrilled to find that I have lost a few pounds. I am heading in the right direction. I plan to staick around and hopefully become a regular here. Thanks again!!!!
FunKristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:10 AM   #12  

Hi there,

I am a WAHM (work at home mom). I work as a medical transcriptionist right on this computer from my house. My computer intergrates with three local hospitals, i transcribe their work and send it to them via the computer. Anyway its almost as if i am a SAHM, i am there for my 12 month old daughter but the downfall is i am close to the refrigerator and no one to look over my shoulder!!! so i have gained tons of weight. Anyway i am learning to start getting out and exercising and watch what i eat. I don't have the luxury of getting out to go to work as i just come from my bed and just sit at the computer and start LOL. I love being home for the baby though, just i can't stand the fact i gained tons of weight and so far i lost 12.4 lbs
Eliegirl2PMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:34 AM   #13  

Welcome Kristin, I was a SAHM of 3 for 20 years . I was very lucky to be able to do that. Now I have an empty nest and substitue teach and travel.
I'm sure you will find all the support, understanding, encouragment and motivation here at 3FC.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote