Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 03:42 PM   #1  

Default and..Who ordered the MOO MOO Platter?

Wabbinah ...hee hee! So here ya go ...

Today I took Darby and Casey out to Harris Park for a 4 mile hike... after I done did my "merican" duty and voted for the town council, mayor and what not... Please forgive me if this is gonna sound ..I dunno...so "new joisey" City gal of me but where I hail from .. yeh get a booth, ya get a synopsis of the referendum, ya pull a one arm bandit like device to WHOOSH the curtain and then you DOINK DOINK DOINK the buttons..and when yer done ya DINK a buttom and WHOOSH goes the curtain... and yer done...

The way they do it here in loverly Petticoat Junction is ...Go to a little table with side shields on it... and with a "special pen" connect the back arrow to it's front arrow for the candidate you want... Now then for you Old 'Merican cows you may remember that classic show we grew up " WINKY DINK" remember? " (Winky dink and you ..winkeeeeie dink and me..we will have a lotta fun tooooogettttherr... Quick! help Winky Dink and with your magic pen, draw a bridge!!!) ... well, that's what's going thru my head as I vote...
Okay so I take my my magic crayon and complete the arrows,, and I'm like...Oooookay, what do I do with the ballot??? .. Ah thar's a Tallying Dee- Vice in the corner ya feed it into.. (grrrrreeaaat: ok, am I done?) ... NOOOO - You must see the Walmart Greeter lady who is picking up a few bucks thumbingya with a " I VOTED" sticker...

Last edited by Schatzi; 11-08-2005 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #2  

We have vote by mail here. Not nearly as satisfying as the old behind the curtain voting booth. Good for schatzi for fulfilling her civic duty.

It's beeeuuuteeful here today but .....brrrrrrrrr cold.

My innards are hurting like crazy today, but i'm still eating a greazy burger for lunch, because that's what I do.

My Bagzie, dear, I'm happy to hear DD is doing better.

Do ya think Mr. Sugar is done w/ vacation? Can Mrs. Sugar come out to play?
Old 11-08-2005, 05:01 PM   #3  
loves kleenex box art

Painty is helping me make gloves so I'll point her here.

DS just had another ct scan. I hope this is ok with his insurance carrier. He sees the doc on Thursday.

I have a job interview at 6:30. Should I wear my hair as is .. unwashed and greasy .. or wash it and have it look fuzzy.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 11-08-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:16 PM   #4  
loves kleenex box art

Going unwashed but I combed it so it's better.

I have to comment on Kirstie Alley who was on Oprah yesterday. I really like her. She's beautiful and losing weight and all that. But she was promoting her new exercise DVD wherein she teaches women to lose weight by dancing in three inch heels. So disappointing.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:33 PM   #5  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Hey Cowpern!!! Good Luck On The Interview---make Sure You Report Back Asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanksgiving????that Was Over A Month Ago!!!! It's All About Christmas Up Here In Snowville!!! {no Snow Yet,but It's Coming Soooooooooooon!!!}
Old 11-08-2005, 06:34 PM   #6  

Is her video sponsered by a healthcare insurance company?... THAT WOULD EXPLAIN IT!!
and PeachPie ..YO Moovalous dahlink you: Now:brush yer hair, have a great chipper attittude.. Speak no ill of past employer/bosses. Be enthusiastic (not in a cheerleader way).... Let your work speak for you... and exude CONFIDENCE --so say this ex HR Manager
Old 11-08-2005, 06:52 PM   #7  

Good luck on the interview, Peachy, and do all that stuff Schatzi said to do.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:17 PM   #8  

Oh Good GAWD!! And so the "season"starts in Bagzcountry...DEFCON1! DEFCON1 !!!! Conserve energy everyone: Bagz will no doubt will need at least that for her 19 ft snowman!! (MEOW )
Old 11-09-2005, 07:53 AM   #9  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

mmmmmmmmmmmmm --i must have my mil's cleaning lady take down the hallowe'en decorations--they are starting to bore me-------------did anyone notice that shots is a confessed CLEAN FREAK----should someone tell her where we originally MET!!!---"wakey wakey Eggs and Bakeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" 'Get on the Busy Bus!!!!'----let's get our our dusters!!!! yikessssssssssssssssssss GODDESS ALERT!!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #10  

Oh Lordy! the busy bus! I don't think that darn bus has stopped at my place for years...... and yes, Bagzie, I had noticed that our dear leetle Schatzy has displayed certain, ahem, cleanie tendencies.

Has anyone here participated in a cookie exchange party? Would I be insane to host one? It would have to be first weekend in December, because our company dinner is the second weekend... It would force me to get my decorating done early.... I'm mostly interested in having a bunch of girl type friends over to drink nog and toddies. Maybe I could do that without the cookies..... DD has requested a day out w/ mom to see the Nutcracker. Must put that on my list. The Canadians have it right.... we need 2 months between Thanksgiving and Christmas to get everything done.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:04 PM   #11  
loves kleenex box art

I did all that Shots and got an email saying they picked someone else.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:06 PM   #12  

Happens sometimes, Peach. I'm sorry.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:27 PM   #13  

So sorry, Peachy Cow.... Hope the next interview a) comes soon, b) pans out.

Wabby-- My peo group used to do cookie exchanges EVERY year... they were terrific.... Only thing is to be sure people bring enough for exchanging AND "testing." Ahem. And trays/ or containers to take things home in. I think it is way less insane than trying to make a variety of holiday treats yourself.

I am not cleaning. Still.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:43 PM   #14  
Working on it!

Just had to pop in and say you all are crazy! You make me laugh though, lol! Thanks!
Old 11-09-2005, 01:07 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Definitely a bunch of nutcases!
Closed Thread