Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2000, 10:57 PM   #1  

Hi! I started a new thread!!!
Remember to check page 2 if you haven't already on number 18. Harley is back!
I hope everyone else comes back!!!!
I'm having a good day so far!
We ate at The Olive Garden last night. It was my last day til' I started back with a vengence. Which is today! I just hope I stay the same when I go back Sat. I just got done having co. and that was fun but now I'm ready to come back full force! Everybody with me?

Let's do this!!!!!!!!!!
Terri
Old 08-29-2000, 06:17 AM   #2  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I'm with you Terri. Today is a restart for me too. I was pretty much out of control this weekend. But I'm back! Fearful about my weigh in Thursday, but back.

------------------
Myra
183/170.6/130
Old 08-29-2000, 08:35 AM   #3  

Hi everyone! I have been lurking and not posting for a while. School has started back and I am soooooo busy! I am trying to get back on program. Breakfast and lunch are OK but sometimes I go off a bit at dinner. Haven't exercised in a while either (although I think I could count all the running around at school. ) While off program I gained back most of the 8 lbs. I lost. Well, they are back down again and I have lost one more! Glad to see you back Harley. Seeing your post gave me the incentive to post again (instead of just lurking).

Beth
233/224/150
Old 08-29-2000, 12:16 PM   #4  

Alright Myra! We can do this!!! We need a cheerleading squad.
Welcome back Sarah. Start along with school. Remember how it felt when we got those new supplies at the beginning of the year? I loved that feeling!!!!!
That's how I feel today about WW.
I had fun the last 8 days and now it is over and I want to finish this.
Terri
Old 08-29-2000, 06:54 PM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi.....I'm an "old-timer" who used to post on Fabulous Forties daily. In spite of the awesome suppost I received here, I fell by the wayside and have maintained for the last year, with not one pound lost (but no gain either).

I know no gain is good, but to me it means that I've followed 123 just enough to get by, that I've only been making a half-hearted attempt. I start each day with good intentions, and by late afternoon I'm doomed.

So....along with many others, this is a fresh start for me. I don't attend meetings, so have chosen Monday as my weigh in day...I was at 218 this past Monday.

I took an early retirement, and last Friday was my last day at work. For me this is a new beginning in many ways. Now that I'm not working, I have no more excuses....can't say I'm too tired to walk. Can't say I don't have time to plan or cook healthy nutritious meals. Now I have to face the music!

Jen

Old 08-29-2000, 08:46 PM   #6  

Hi Jen,
Welcome back! I think that is amazing that you didn't gain. When you do get to goal you should be able to maintain! We are all starting fresh this week. Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm 41 an am married (18 yrs.) to a wonderful supportive guy and I have 3 kids (14, 9 & 7). I live in Al. now. I love it here. I did live in Ohio and Florida.
I am a lifetimer since 85' and started back May 20. I have lost 25 so far.
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
Terri
Old 08-30-2000, 12:09 AM   #7  
LM

Hi everybody!

I also had a wild weekend (pre-birthday)of eating. Very multicultural - Ethiopian on Saturday (delicious), Burmese on Sunday (awesome) and Cuban on Monday!!! Also extremely pointy!!!!

Oh well, here's to looking forward!!!

Laurel
Old 08-30-2000, 04:21 AM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi Terri..thanks for asking about me. You've lost 25 pounds since May..whooeee! That's something to brag about!

I'm 47, married for 29 years to my best friend. We have a daughter who's 26, and a son who's 21; also, 2 beautiful grandsons, Brandon, 4, and Matthew, 8 weeks (our daughter's kids). I just quit my job of 24 (yikes!) years, working retail, and am going to take some time off to relax. We live in a nw burb of
Chicago..both of us grew up in that city. I love to garden and read.

Laurel, your weekend of eating sounds awesome. When is your birthday?

Beth...you're not alone in the lurking! Even though I haven't lost recently, I've lurked for quite some time. Just couldn't tear myself away. Well, no more. I hope I can contribute to your losses!

I was honored w/an awesome luncheon last Friday at work, my last day. Fantastic Italian dishes..lotsa points! Then I had a small get together in my yard on Saturday to burn my work uniform in the chiminea. The margaritas were flowing...so needless to say, it was hard to stay OP, but this is a new week, and I'm not looking back.

My husband is out of town for 10 long days, he'll be back this Friday evening. It's a rare treat to be on my own..no work, no schedules.

Good luck to all of us this week.

Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 08-29-2000).]
Old 08-30-2000, 04:41 AM   #9  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

How's everyone doing? I'm back OP. After the weekend from ****, prompted partly by some health problems, or more accurately reactions to the meds to try to cure them, I'm back on track. Yesterday I just missed my range by one point. Today I am actually at the low end, somewhere I haven't been for quite a while.

------------------
Myra
183/170.6/130
Old 08-30-2000, 10:41 AM   #10  

Laurel- Happy Birthday! Hope this is the best year yet!!!!

Jen- Wow! I'll bet that felt awesome burning your uniform after so many years. Well relax, you deserve it. No schedules!!!! That must be Heaven! Enjoy it!!! Good luck with WW. Can't wait for your inputs.

Myra- You definately deserve some relaxation too. Jen's kids are grown, maybe when ours are we can do the same. I'm glad we are back on. I actually missed my op food. Go figure! We can and will do this!!!!
Good luck on Thursday!
Terri
Old 08-31-2000, 06:42 PM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Good morning everyone! We're in a hot, humid spell here in the Chicagoland area. Perfect weather for the "last" weekend of summer. Hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend.

Have been on an emotional rollercoaster this past week...as I've said, I "retired" from my job of 24 years last week. On the same day we received the bad news that one of our cats was very ill. He was with us for 11 years, was wacky and very loved. We had to have him put to sleep on Tuesday. I'm not an animal lover or extremist, but it broke my heart to do this. He is missed very much.

On the brighter side, I picked pounds and pounds of tomatoes from the garden yesterday, along with cukes and peppers. Last night's dinner (for one!) was veggie fajitas. I also made salsa, and froze bags of whole tomatoes (my sister-in-law says she does it all the time) to be used this winter in sauces, etc. Hope it works!

How is everyone doing?

Jen
Old 08-31-2000, 09:49 PM   #12  

Oh Jen,
I'm so sorry! You don't have to be an extremist to love your "family member". I love animals. I have a dog who has been with us for 17 yrs. Before our kids. He is my baby. He follows me everywhere. I don't know what I'll do when his time comes. I know it will be in the near future.

Congrats with the vegies. We vowed to have a garden next yr. My hubby broke his leg in 3 places last May so we put the plans on hold til' he is recovered.
Have a great Day!
Old 09-01-2000, 12:52 AM   #13  
LM

Jenny, I am so sorry to hear about your kittycat. I'm a big cat lover and my guy is now 13 years old. I love him. It is so sad when the pets die. We get so close to them...
Old 09-01-2000, 12:54 AM   #14  
LM

Oh I forgot to add - a miracle occurred...stayed the same at Tuesday weighin even after the weekend eatathon. I credit working out like a nut all week long!!!!
Old 09-01-2000, 01:49 AM   #15  

LM
Congrats on the maintaining.
Here's to a long healthy life for your baby!
Terri
Closed Thread