Old 11-07-2005, 07:35 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #117

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:43 AM   #2  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is EXERCISE! Let's get up, get out, and move that body this week doing something you like to do!

Good morning girls! We are having some record heat and boy is it weird! I am not complaining about it except yesterday morning, was woken by thunder and lightening around 2 AM, got up and went to the bathroom and decided I had better shut down the computers. I went into Jack's office and shut down the laptop, then trudged downstairs and shut down my computer, trudges back upstairs....and it all quit!

We did a lot of work around the house this weekend with carpet cleaning, I had to go to the commissary, etc. We have this new construction on one of the busiest roads in the city. They are widening part of it and yesterday, unknown to me, they were removing the bridge/overpass on the interstate. I saw the blinking sign going east when I went to the commissary saying may be delays, but didn't see when. Well, I found out! I came up over the hill and boom, stand still traffic. Took me half an hour to get 1 mile! I had frozen food etc in the trunk I was praying wouldn't melt as it was like 78 degrees! Problem was, once you come over that hill, you have passed the last exit before the one they are improving so you are STUCK! I finally got home and everything was ok.

Well, gals, everyone have a good OP day today!

Faye PS: For you Harry Potter fans, the new movie comes out a week from Friday (on my 34 wedding anniversary!) Looks like a spectacular movie! Guess what we are doing for our anniversary??
Old 11-07-2005, 01:21 PM   #3  

Hi everyone....
CRAP! Halloween turned into a whole week of bad eating and little exercise I had a good fighter practice last night though, and I have class tonight. I'm also really enjoying my Friday skating...we're planning on twice this week cuz the kids are home Thursday and Friday.

Sorry everyone is having computer problems.

Hi Lee! YOu must really be bored, huh?

I have tons of work to do, but felt bad that I hadn't been in here in a while. Still working on that 199 by New Years...

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:48 PM   #4  

Bored? With a baby climbing and trying to eat everything and a 2 year old actively destroying everything she sees? (Did I tell you I caught her putting coins into our floppy drive? I think there's about a 1.50 in there in mixed coins..!)

It's more like I haven't lost any weight in a month or so and I'm getting sloppy about the program. So I remembered you mentioning that they have all of the weight watchers points lists here, and here I am!

Speaking of which, Amelia, my 2 year old, wants to play outside and is literally climbing my back about it.. ha ha. See ya later!

1 point only today I'm terrible about drinking water and I've fallen off the wagon badly about my program..)

-Lee Ann
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:17 PM   #5  

LeeAnn: Ooooohhhh, Nonny (that is my grandson's name for me) welcomes all babies and toddlers at her house!!! Sounds like you are a bit overwhelmed! My children are 4 years apart so it was a little bit easier to handle the two of them. Besides, I had a boy who never got into anything no matter what and a very inquisitive little girl that got into everything! Hey, look at it this way, what a way to save for vacation, put it in, it DON'T come out! Take it easy on yourself. You have a lot to handle right now. Ease back into the weight loss thing.

Julie: Sounds like you have great fun skating. Haven't been in years and the old knee wouldn't hold up to it now anyway. Fat old age can stink sometimes!

LeeAnn:

Everyone have a good afternoon. I finished my cleaning chores AND the guest bedroom rug shampooing so get to finish a nice book. Can't knit anything except the throw I am making for myself as I am waiting on yarn for the next project to be delivered and I get bored with it so decided to read today.

Faye
Old 11-07-2005, 03:41 PM   #6  
2006 - Panda Remix

hello all,

I got 4 points yesterday - woo-hoo! I had a great workout at the gym - did my full cardio workout for the first time since being ill - 64 minutes in all! I found it hard at first, but I was determined to keep at it and after a bit I really got into it and the endorphins started pumping. I'm sure I experienced a 'runners high' without actually doing any running!

I've had a nice day today - counselling this morning, and we've agreed to cut my sessions down to 1 a month as I am doing so well, then I spent the afternoon with my friend and her beautiful baby which was nice. Her husband is away on a course tomorrow night so I am going over for a sleepover which I am looking forward to - lots of girly chat and dvd's.

FAYE - I wish I could magic you over here to clean my flat - it's such a state and every time I come back to it it depresses me! I AM going to clean it this week, I AM , I AM.....

JULIE - At least you are keeping up some of the exercise, even if your eating has been poor. Don't worry, I haven't been able to move my tracker even 1lb in 7 weeks! We will do it!

LEE-ANN - Sounds like you've got your hands full with 2 little ones - they must keep you very active! I really like the name Amelia!

Hi to Carri, Barbie and Susan

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:10 AM   #7  

Hi ladies.. does anyone know when kids stop waking up at 4:30 or 5:00 am? Ha ha.

Well I've found all of the points lists for weight watchers (man i love that system!!) and I'm already going "Can I eat yet?"

Julie- My mother actually followed through and forked over the 3.25 acres she's been holding over our heads for so long. Now we can finally build our house and move out of the "guest house". We're thinking seriously of building a moat. Land's a bit wet. We're going to have to expand the artificial stream/pond system that we already have on it to possibly surround 3/4 of the property (it covers 1/4 now). YAY!

GMA2one- GREAT! You can watch them for a few weeks.. we'll go on vacation somewhere hot, and I promise we'll come back for them... maybe. Ha ha!

Amanda- Endorphins are so great! I wish we didn't have to work so hard to get it... just joking.

Lee Ann
Old 11-08-2005, 08:19 AM   #8  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is FRUIT. It is one of the best ways to solve a sweet tooth problem, get in fiber and provide a good source of vitamins. Try some exotic fruits once in awhile, papaya, star fruit, mango, pomegranate.

Amanda

Amanda: Besides being ANAL I am ultra organized so I keep up on everything. Like I said before, I broke the house up into jobs for each day and do them on a schedule and it keeps everything nice and clean. I cannot stand clutter so my house is never ever cluttered, which is what I think most households have trouble with, ie magazines, newspapers thrown about, dirty clothes thrown on the floor, jackets slung over chairs, etc. Most houses aren't really dirty, just cluttered so they look dirty. It actually makes me ill to have clutter. I find that if I have something out of place I have to pick it up immediately or I hand wring or something. It is a mental issue actually, but there you go!

Hope everyone is starting their day nicely. It is supposed to be near 90 today, can you believe that????? At 6 PM it was 80 degrees here last night and since the time change, that means it was dark so it should have cooled off!! We slept with open windows and fans on all night.

Talk to you soon

Faye
Old 11-08-2005, 10:12 AM   #9  
It is what it is...

Morning All ... sorry I have been MIA for a few days, been busy eating fatty foods and relaxing, ha ha Yes my program has suffered for the last couple of weeks... one day on diet one day off seems to be the way I am working it ... I am with Julie, Halloween set off on a bad eating spree ... I am actually quite afraid to weigh myself at this point, quite.

Amanda - WTG on doing that long workout yesterday, you CAN get under 200, although now I am back over again !!!! GEEEEZZZZZ

Faye - going to be 90 there today, YUCK !! I think it is going to be like 72 here today, I even think that is hot ... I guess we are supposed to be getting some nasty storms this afternoon.

Julie - I think we both know that we can step away from this Halloween binge and get on with losing our weight ... come on!!!!

Barbie - HI !!!

Lee Ann - Welcome ... too active little ones? I do not envy you ... sometimes I love my childless life, ha ha

Susan - HEllo !!!!

Hope everyone is having a good day... I was totally OP until last night when I had a ton of pizza rolls ...If I can just have one totally OP day then I think I can move forward - to just make it one day ... well wish me luck !!!
Tonight is Biggest Loser, so normally I can stay OP that day ... ha ha
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:27 AM   #10  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes a day to gripe about whatever you want. This week's diet woe is why aren't lowfat/fatfree products individualized like other products, ie snack foods like potato chips and why is the nutritional info for those that are only on the box they came in, not the individual servings themselves?

Amanda

I woke up to go to the bathroom (over the hill now so have to pee every night! ) and then went back to bed and started coughing so I had to get up. So here I am at 4 AM!

LeeAnn: Sounds like you have two live wires. My kids were wonderful even when they were little. My son was a whopping 9 1/2 lbs and huge and came home from the hospital and started sleeping through the night right away and dd didn't take too long to do that. They also rarely got up before 6:30 or so. We also had them "trained" on Saturday they got up, got themselves cereal and watched cartoons and let us sleep in. This was from about the time my son was 6 and dd was 2 on. We had milk that came delivered with a spout so they could get milk fairly easily and I always put the cereal down where they could get it on Friday nights before we went to bed. I had cereal in Tupperware containers that poured out easily too. The little devils were pretty independent I must say. They didn't get into trouble either, just watched tv for a couple hours! Uhhh, is that moat for your mother?????

Oooh, I just ordered myself a Kitchenaid mixer and I can't wait for it to get here. I have wanted one for ages but they are like $400. QVC had an hour of Kitchenaid last night and I was channel checking and saw it. Wheehaw, they had it on sale and on easy pay!!!! I saved even with shipping around $150. I also got one in color to match the kitchen. Jack wanted to know why I hadn't ordered red as it was "sexy." Leave it to a man to think food preparation products can be sexy!

Carri: Here is is 4 in the morning and it is 70 degrees out! It is supposed to be in the 80's again today then dip down to the 60's. I have been keeping an eye out for South Bend to see what kind of weather we are going to get for Thanksgiving and gas prices. No kidding, last year at Thanksgiving as we hit the Indiana border of the toll road from Chicago, it started snowing and snowed for like the first two days we were up there. I don't have winter coats anymore as I really don't need all that stuff down here except on occasion so here I am in flimsy shoes and a wind breaker kind of deal! Gas seems to be coming down up there too. We are almost back to $2 a gallon. I think Jack said last night it was like $2.12 so I hope they don't skyrocket the price in a couple weeks for the holiday. I am sure they will.

Guess I will sack out on the recliner until Jack gets up at 5 then fix him some breakfast.

Faye
Old 11-09-2005, 07:32 AM   #11  

Ha ha! My husband is taking notes... when thy hit about 13 or so he's going to start reading through them again...

"Wake up!!"
"Wha? Dad? What time is it?"
"2:30. I'll be back again in a half hour."
"What? WHY?"
"October 29th, 2005. That's why. See you in a half hour."

Heh. heh.

2 points for yesterday. Unless folding laundry counts as cardio?
-Lee Ann

Last edited by SuGyong; 11-09-2005 at 07:34 AM. Reason: spelling typo
Old 11-09-2005, 09:38 AM   #12  

Hello, everyone. Hope you are all hanging in there.

Faye, The 100-calorie packs that many snacks are coming in now are good. I only buy the South Beach Whole Wheat Cracker one since I don't want cookies and stuff like that. (Have to have a glucose tolerance 5-hour fasting next week).

Need to get to work ---more later!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:17 PM   #13  
2006 - Panda Remix

hello folks,

I got 4 points yesterday. Nothing much going on here - my friend had to cancel our girlie sleepover as the baby had kept her up all night and she was too tired - what a shame, I was looking forward to it. Tomorrow, I am going out to buy myself some new clothes. I was going to wait until Christmas, but my trousers are falling apart and I am getting ashamed of them! Luckily we have been given a bit of extra money this month (thank you God!), so it means we are able to sort out the computer and get myself a new outfit.

FAYE - My mum and dad are very anal about cleaning - obsessively so. You can't put anything down in their house without it being immediately picked up and washed, dried and out away. I think me and my sister have completely rebelled against it!

CARRI - I have no idea what pizza rolls are, but I am sure I would them! Sorry you are back over 200 - what a bummer! I'm sure you'll be back under and continue down soon. How is your dad? My dad got made redundant at the age of 50, it was tough for a year, but then he took a free IT course and found another job and worked there till he retired at 64. It's not easy finding work as an older person, but the company he worked for really valued his track record and experience.

SUSAN, LEE-ANN, JULIE -

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:44 AM   #14  

THURSDAY: Today is Time For Us Thursday so take a little time just for you today!

Amanda

Good morning everyone! Up again early. Weather changed and it always tells me so in my bones so I am achy this morning. It will work itself out in a couple hours of movement.

Carri: Jack and I are your parents age more than likely, and Jack had the same situation only he hadn't been at the job long. I know it is scary for your family, but hang in there and know we are here for you. I will pray that he can find another job soon if they close the plant. (one of the reasons we moved is because employment in Indiana had become so bad)

Amanda: You get some spanking new clothes. You certainly deserve it. As for the pizza rolls, they look like little pillows of dough with pizza stuff inside them and you can microwave, deep fry or bake them. Tasty but deadly to someone trying to diet as they are addictive. Me, I am more the egg roll equivalent of those pizza rolls and can finish off a box.

Susan: Thanks for the tip on the 100 calorie snacks. I have tried the little chocolate cookie wafers they have but I hadn't checked into anything further.

Everyone have a good day today!

Faye
Old 11-10-2005, 07:56 AM   #15  

3 points for me yesterday. But I only barely stayed on program.

Lee Ann