Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-26-2005, 11:50 AM   #1  

Talking Nutrisystem

Just joined nutrisystem and looking for buddies to join me on my 30 lb weight loss journey... anyone up for it or doing nutrisystem with me? let me know.
rockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:17 PM   #2  

I might be interested. I am going to wait until people post about the taste of the food. Have you gotten your food yet? how is it?
sag123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:29 PM   #3  
Movin on down the scale

I have been doing NS for 13 weeks and love it....I do not follow it COMPLETELY!!! But I am about 75% on the plan, the food is good. I have had no prob with the food...there are a few things that I dont like so I just edit my order and dont get them again. It is easy to follow and I have been doing well with a 2-3 pound loss per week.
Either of you can feel free to add me to your messengers.
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default ok

I really want to try Nutrisystem. Can you tell me if it is real expensive? I have been looking for someone who's on it. I am so interested.

carafre
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:17 AM   #5  
it's always something

Carafre, the packages they sell do seem kind of pricey, but they pretty much cover all of your food, other than milk and maybe some fresh fruits and vegetables that you buy. If you don't have to feed anyone else, then something like this can be a good option. QVC sells nutrisystem and they have smaller packages so you can try it out before investing in the monthly collection sold on the nutrisystem website. Actually, Nutrisystem sells items individually as well, if you want to buy just a couple of meals to try out. Look for the tiny A la Carte link to order
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:14 AM   #6  
Movin on down the scale

You can also goto EBAY and buy some..You still need to buy milk, egg beaters (if you want them), Fruits and Vegi's and you will need to buy buns for the burgers/chicken sandwiches ect. But I know if you opt for the *autoship* and pay with a CC, then it is like $270 for the first 2 mo, and the 3rd mo you drop to $260, then if you *click* in a link in their site 50 days in a row, you get another $10 off. So I have been on Since the Beginning of Aug, I have had 2 shipments (I postponed my 3rd since I dont follow their food plan 100%) and My 3rd shipment will be $250. But I use their food in conjunction to eating food with my family, like I will eat their breakfast everyday, and lunch most everyday, but the dinners I usually eat only like 5 times a week. But switching back and forth help me control my portions when I eat *our* food with my family. So that is how I kinda do it. I have had GREAT success with it like that..with a 2-3 pound loss each week. Feel free to IM me on Yahoo if you have any questions.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:47 AM   #7  

gonna lose it---how much are you exercising?
sag123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:52 AM   #8  
Movin on down the scale

I really dont exercise AT ALL..I am bad that way. I wish I would be more of an exerciser, since then I would loose soo much more...
Old 10-28-2005, 08:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Thanks so much!! I am looking around to get the best deal!!

carafre
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:56 PM   #10  

hi again
I find the food very good and actually good value considering all- I am never hungry and enjoy this diet very much... any takers on buddying up? I have 30-40lbs to lose.
rockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:16 PM   #11  
Movin on down the scale

ROCK BOX, I have 30 more to go, I am half way to my goal, I would love a buddy...please feel free to add me to your messengers..I have yahoo and MSN....
Old 11-01-2005, 07:52 PM   #12  
llama dolly

i *really* hated the food. i suggest you buy some on ebay or somewhere and try it before you sign up for the package. i only made it one day on the program because the food tasted so horrible (to me; ymmv).
sine nomine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 03:26 PM   #13  

I couldn't stand Nutrisystem, either but was able to get a partial refund. I had to call them and get a return number and follow the instructions they emailed. They were really quite nice about everything, considering I told them I didn't like their food's taste and consistency. (Well, they asked.)
2stubborn2giveup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:57 PM   #14  

Some people do find the food bland and have to "spice it up". Others think its too expensive. I think its easy and convenient, if you want a no brainer of a 1200 calorie diet. Actually, we dont really need anyone to do the work for us,just go on 1200 balanced diet on your own.......should work the same way. Add exercise and Voila !
gingerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 01:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 245/234/175

Height: 6'

Default Nutrisystem

I received my food on Tuesday and started Wed Nov 16th. So far so good. I have enjoyed everything I have tried so far. The price is really not that if you consider the boxes weigh 40 -50 lbs. I'm sure that 1/4 of the price goes to shipping costs.

I'm hoping to lose 60 pounds. I'm already down 2.5 pounds after 3 full days on the plan. I one of those people that has to weigh everyday. I'm not exercising right now. I will when I start slowing down on weightloss. I should be lighter by then, making it easier to move.

Ruby
212/209.5/153
rubyjuly is offline   Reply With Quote