Thread: What to say?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 04:04 PM   #5
LovesBassets
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

I think that SERIOUSLY deciding to lose weight -- and actually doing something about it -- has to come from deep, deep down inside the individual. It's a HUGE commitment that a person makes to themself and they have to be 100% willing to do all the work and change all the habits FOR themselves...

As far as what to say to her...I don't know. I mean, it could go both ways, really. Even if you just sort of gently tell her you'd love to give her advice or something, she may take it the wrong way and get insulted. Then again, she may love to have a weight-loss partner. So I don't feel that I can give you advice one way or the other because I don't know the dynamics of your relationship.

I DO know that there's always the possibility of her resenting your weight loss. I've run into that quite a bit lately with friends who've been wanting to lose weight "forever" becoming a bit cold toward me (one even made a snide comment about how I'm always drinking diet soda and all that sodium is going to make me fat). It's a strange situation that you should perhaps be on the look-out for. I don't know how to change it, either -- I mean, I am what I am and if a "friend" can't accept that I don't know quite what to do about it...

Sorry to babble .

First Goal: 200 lbs by Namibia trip (May 26, 2013).
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote