Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-06-2004, 09:16 PM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Leslie Sansone Total Strider

Has anybody tried this? I just saw the commercial on www.lesliesansone.com . It is a non-motorized treadmill and tape set for upper and lower body workout.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 04:48 PM   #2  

Jennifer,
I read some reviews on the Leslie site from people that got the strider and only one person liked it. The main complaint was that the stride was too short and it was jerky. The one person who liked it was 5'6" with a short stride. The rest were 5'7" or had long strides. So I just think it bascially is too short for most walkers. Most everyone suggested that for the price there are better manual treadmills out there for less on QVC or at Wal-Mart. I hope this has helped.
ras8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 08:12 AM   #3  
it's always something

I've noticed that most manual treadmills appear to be short I tried a manual treadmill years ago, and hated it. HATED it.

Jennifer, if you are looking for an upper body workout at the same time as walking, have a look at the newer electric treadmills with the bars you pull while you walk. Proform makes them, they are called Crosswalk treadmills. Workout Warehouse has them right now, with free shipping, and you can make payments. (hint, click the button to the right ) Hey, if you get one, can I have your old treadmill? Mine's ready for the pasture.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 06:03 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Suzanne, mine might not be any better than yours. It's just as old! It is creaky and loud and I don't think it has a lot of time left on it, either.

What would be the difference in a Crosswalk treadmill and an elliptical trainer?

Thanks for that info, Rose. I like the Leslie 4 mile tape, but I know it won't be long until I need new 'scenery' on the TV! I do have one option. Leslie muted on a 19" by my regular TV, and a movie or videos on the big one. That would keep it interesting!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:36 PM   #5  

I hope that's not true on the reviews on this machine because I just ordered this but haven't received it yet, I'm 5'10 not a long stride but still it's probley longer then someone that 5'6, sure hope I haven't made a bad mistack...
lauree11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 04:22 PM   #6  

I'm on a leslie group on yahoo, and one poster bought it and hated it. She said it was very cheaply made and did not work well. She was able to return it, but the shipping charges were sixty dollars! You could buy a lot of exercise videos/dvds for the cost of that treadmill.

sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 04:20 PM   #7  
Coop class of '82

Too bad Leslie had to go with this thing, I wonder why? She can't possibly need the money. She should have just come out with new videos, perhaps more longer ones or how about some outside.

Too bad that Goodtimes talked her into this, I think they are the ones that took over Richard Simmons' empire and when you'd order something, you'd all of a sudden be signed up for monthly deliveries of vitamins and stuff you didn't order. Ah well, everyone has to learn I guess.
KimmyKat63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:53 AM   #8  

Default Total strider

Hi, I have had the Total strider going on 2 years and I love/hate it!! I am 5'7" and it works fine as far as the stride of my walk goes. It makes you work, I do think it makes you burn more calories than regular walking or treadmills with a motor. But when I first got it I weighed around 200 lbs and I started walking on it 35 minutes 5 days a week and I started loosing weight! I thought I would never lose weight, so it was a Godsend. I lost 40 lbs and I feel so much better! I love it because it keeps me in shape, I hate it because it makes me work! My daughter is 17 and she hates it, she won't use it, she said she would much rather have one with a motor. But as for me, I will never stop using it!
peakajeansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:09 PM   #9  
it's always something

Congratulations on losing 40 lbs That's a great testimonial to walking, too, thanks for sharing your experience
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote