Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-03-2005, 08:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/223/180

Height: 5ft 7 1/2

Default Weigh in day...tips to ensure a loss

Ok, so I weigh in at my TOPS meeting at 6pm today. I have been pretty good this week, eating mostly veggies and lean meats (low carbs). My workouts were weak though, because I am having a problem with my vision. I did get out walking a lot though. Does anyone know anything I could do to help me have a good loss tonight? Does drinking lots of water help? Staying away from certain foods etc? I prob have a 1lb loss, but any other tips to help it would be greatly appreciated!
Mommy'sLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:11 AM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Oh, the crazy things we do to ourselves when we know we must face the scale I go to TOPS also (and I also weigh-in tonight), and there have been time when I drank gallons of water on weigh-in day, ate only protein, or even starved myself all day until after the meeting.

The thing is, we need to realize that it's what we do ALL WEEK LONG that matters, not just on weigh-in day. If you do something drastic today, then you have to do it every week in order for your weights to be consistent. You cannot lose actual pounds of fat in a single day; our bodies just don't work that way. If you starve yourself or drink excess water or whatever it is you think will help you lose weight today, you're only fooling yourself. You need to stick to your normal routine to see if it's working.

I do not eat after 2 or 3pm on weigh-in days (weigh-in is at 6:30), but that's about the extent of my efforts. I still drink plenty of water all day (every day), eat a healthy breakfast and lunch, and have my snack after each meal. What's wrong with a 1-pound loss, anyway? as long as the scale is going inthe right direction, it shouldn't matter if it's .25 of a pound or 25 pounds, so long as it's down!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:06 PM   #3  
hara hachi bu

Good points, Jill. I eat normally or lighter on weigh-in days ... I, too, weigh in during the early evening. I avoid drinking a lot after 2:00pm, though. My thoughs are: if I drink 16 ounces of water that doesn't leave my body before weigh-in, that is an additional pound.

For a while I got into eating a "bad" meal on nights after weigh-in, with the idea that I'd have a week to work it off. I've changed that!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:58 PM   #4  

Thanks ladies! Sometimes I just need a reality check! I was the best loser for October (6.75 lbs) and I want to keep this momentum going. I have often indulged the night of a weigh-in myself, thinking that I had a week to burn it off, but my "indulgances" have been drastically reduced lately. Why bother if I'm just going to gain it back right?? The look in my hubby's eye when I can tell him I lost is so worth it! I am also feeling better about myself by being in control of my own weigh loss. That said...I am soon off to my weigh-in!
Old 11-04-2005, 01:04 PM   #5  

Well, I was down 1lb!!! Doing the happy dance for sure! I consider it a big accomplishment considering it was halloween, I couldn't exercise much and I am pms'ing lol!
Old 11-04-2005, 01:17 PM   #6  

"I couldn't exercise much and I am pms'ing lol!"

Forgive me for butting in but I notice you keep mentioning the exercise. My son is a personal trainer and reminds me all the time that weight loss is 75% diet and 25% exercise. Please don't beat yourself up when exercise slacks off a little, I know it is important but not as important as what you are putting into your system! Congrats on your loss BTW...pretty cool!
nuclear kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:26 PM   #7  
hara hachi bu

Default Good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclear kitten
My son is a personal trainer and reminds me all the time that weight loss is 75% diet and 25% exercise.
Wow, I didn't know that! Interesting. And inspiring, as I prefer sedentary activities.

My teenager wants to be a personal trainer, too. In fact, he wants to be MY personal trainer, right now.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote