Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2000, 12:09 PM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Just starting a new one!

Trudy; You watched some good movies! Phenomenon I cried through to!

Slavika: Got Cal covered. And have updated the chart. Shes a moving! How come you didnt go to the Lake?

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 08-28-2000).]
Old 08-28-2000, 07:29 PM   #2  

Good morning all,

Lily Hope you like the hot dish it is my favorte. The original recipe only called for 1 can of tomatoes. But I thought it was too dry.

Cal Way to go girl **** **** there is your happy dance. 75 pounds is a great achievement. I am thrilled for you. Taking hubby with you was a smart move. I'm so glad mine is a WW too. Makes life a whole lot easier.

[This message has been edited by Karen L (edited 08-28-2000).]
Old 08-28-2000, 08:55 PM   #3  

Good morning! Nothing much to write about, We spent Sunday with all 5 grandkids at an Air Show, I got sun burnt (wish it would fry some of the fat off!!) I have to get my hubbies clothes ready for a long business trip. He is leaving tomorrow and probably won't be home til the first week of Oct. I'll probably spent the time sewing Halloween costumns for the kids. Last year we did the Wizard of Oz and they loved it I'd love to make different clown outfits for all five of them or Mickey and Minnie Mouse for the two 5 year olds and Chip & Dale ( the chipmunks) for the two 2 year olds and Tinkerbell for the baby..I have just way too much fun!! I haven't changed my username yet because I can't figure out how to do it! Thanks everyone for your suggestions they are all great.
Linda
Old 08-29-2000, 03:13 AM   #4  
Fun Blonde

Wow, we are really a busy bunch! I must be a real believer in support groups, just realized I am in one for ovarian cancer, one for those quitting smoking and you all. It sure does help to find someone in the same boat, but you all are my favorites.

Geri, girl, sounded in your last post you are pretty fragile. I understand that. So it was about time for someone to "fuss" at you. Now who would that be? Just remember, you are the "normal" one. And those little boys probably had a good time with Grandma and Grandpa. Makes it all worth it, doesn't it? But I know the toll on you! I sure wish our children would be VERY careful Before making a life commitment!

Lily, thanks for the help. I printed off the words of wisdom and will take them to WW tomorrow. Going to read them everyday!

Karen, I just rented "Fargo". Saw your comment about Brainerd and that was the town that figured prominently in the movie. Is that your "Brainerd"? Did that story really happen? And I also love it when you put on your Leader Hat.

Josie, Wow! 3.2 pounds gone forever!

Margot, We are very proud of you! 75 pounds is a small person! And your getting your husband involved is inspired! I know you will make your goal weight, but you have reached an all-important goal right now. Big Pat On The Back!

Trudy, your Sunday sounded like mine! It was 106 degrees here and we just vegged out. Too hot to do anything. We are in the middle of such a heatwave--certainly would hate to be in **** if it is anything like this heat! Love "Phenomenon" too.

Linda, wish I could be a grandma like you--sewing makes me very nervous!

All, let's enjoy the day OP!
Glenda
Old 08-29-2000, 07:48 AM   #5  

Hi all,

Just checking in quick before DIL arrives with children in tow.
Glenda I do beleive the Brainerd in the movie is the Brainerd I am talking about but not sure if they really filmed there. I don't think it is a true story. But I've been wrong before.

Got to go kids are here!
Old 08-29-2000, 08:31 AM   #6  

I just got back from my meeting and am thrilled to report that there's 4.6 lbs less of me Couldn't believe it! My leader is talking about moving our meetings to Tuesday nights. I kind of like it on Mondays 'cause you know you have to behave on the weekend. We have meetings on 10 week cycles which is nice.
Trudy - Almost any John Travolta movie is a winner at my house.
Linda - How I wish I could sew decently. I've tried it a few times, but have to alter the patterns so much I'd get frustrated. Maybe if my top and bottom were anywhere near the same size.... Maybe someday it could happen.
Time to walk the pups. Have a good evening!
Old 08-29-2000, 09:06 AM   #7  

Good job doxie Here is your happy dance *** ***
Old 08-29-2000, 09:09 AM   #8  
Senior Chick

Good Evening All!

Doxie Happy weight loss dance for you you too Josie!

Just got back from the store. I bought new belts as I undergrew my old ones and they looked silly with all the extra holes! A nice non-food celebration here...

I loved Phenomenon too but my all time favorites are "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" and "Somewhere in Time" I'm just a romantic I guess.

Linda I'm just trying to figure out my own costume to wear to school for Halloween. LOL

Speaking of October, I pulled up our goals for October 1. One month to go! If you didn't set a goal in July it isn't too late. Do one for the final month.

Hope all of you have a great Tuesday!

Margot

[This message has been edited by Cal Walker (edited 08-28-2000).]
Old 08-29-2000, 09:40 AM   #9  
Super Surfer

Hi gals,
Cal...From now on, you are my inspiration...75#'s down, you are having a great year. Putting on a smaller belt, that is a terrific feeling . WOW!
Karen..Thanks for the new recipes. This is going to be a good week to try out new ideas.
Linda..Halloween already..the costume ideas sound like a lot of fun. It was dark at 9:00pm tonight, fall is coming and before we know it, it will be Halloween.
Glenda..Fargo was a story based on actual events and it was filmed in North Dakota. Hard to believe!
Doxie..WTG Gal down 4.6. You are really doing great too. I went to your BIO and you are down a lot too. Keep it up
Slavika..did you like the movie The Green Mile? Is it a tear jerker? I'm looking for something good. Prison movies are usually mean, so I shy away from them. I recently watched The Shawshank Redemption and that was good, but there were times I couldn't look.

I hope everybody is doing well, I didn't look at the previous thread so I don't know what else is going on, kind of doing things backwards today. Have a good Tuesday OP.

The best antique is an old friend
Old 08-29-2000, 09:48 AM   #10  
Life Time 2001

Linda: Your Halloween customes sound so cute! Must take you forever to make them!

Doxie: Great loss! Your doing good!

Glenda: 106 is pretty hot! It was actually nice here this weekend. Nice breeze and all. Spent lots of time outdoors for a change working in the yard.

Cal: You go girl! New belts! Bet you it makes you feel good! I havent seen Somewhere in time will have to look for it as I love romantic movies. Hubby will be gone this weekend so it will be a good time to rent it as he hates it when I come home with those!

Trudy: We were posting at the same time. The Green Mile Is excellent. Well worth renting.
It was sad. You will like it if you get it. I was skeptical at first to, but it was excellent. But I love Tom Hanks.

Have a great night all!

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 08-28-2000).]
Old 08-29-2000, 10:57 AM   #11  
Net browser

Hi Everybody: DOXIE WTC 4.6# gone forever. YIPEE. There's Cal having to get new belts. I bet that sure beats getting new belts when the old ones won't go around you. I remember I packed a whole bunch of those up and sent them to the "Salvation Army", thinking I would never in this lifetime get to wear them again. That's ok I bought a couple of new ones too Cal. TRUDY I think you would love the show, "The Green Mile". It does have a couple of scenes that were hard to take but it was funny in spots, sad in many spots, and I ended up crying and that gave me a headache. LOL Tom Hanks of course was just great in the movie, they all were.
Ok Trudy here's a little quote to go along with yours: "A grandmother is just an antique little girl" Night all.
Old 08-29-2000, 11:09 AM   #12  

Hi everyone,

We just got back from the movie. Saw "The Replacements". It was funny, but I thought "Space Cowboys" was funnier. It was a real hoot.

Margot...you are a real inspiration. First the walk and your ongoing weight loss. You put most of us to shame. Keep it up!

*** *** : This is the happy dance for ALL you losers. Hopefully I will be able to claim one eventually.

I made the Wizard of OZ costumes for my brood last year. I am not sure what they are going to do this year. I found some Pokemon and Charmander costumes for $2o apiece. I may go that route this year and save both time and money.

I just saw something I found very moving. Maybe you all would like to check it out.

http://www.daily-blessings.com/bless150.htm

Hey, Lily or Karen (I forgot which one told me this) that right click stuff for cutting and pasting works. Thank you.

I gave Chase a wonderful birthday party Saturday. It was a doozie and we finished it off by taking the 4 older grands to Hurricane Harbor (a water park). It was voted the best birthday party ever.

North Texas (that includes Fort Worth) set a record today. 59 days without rain (and none in sight). This was also the 36th day of triple digit temps and it looks like it will continue that way for the rest of this week.

Karen has to go back to work full time starting the first of September, so I will be even busier than usual.

The ex-DIL has topped herself. I could have cheerfully killed her Friday and danced on her grave. Unfortunately, I am not kidding.

I will not make my Octboer 1 goal. It is unfortunate, but I simply cannot stay OP right now. I will get there eventually. But not right now. Margot makes me feel real guilty. Look at what she has accomplished. And look how little I have done.
Old 08-30-2000, 12:26 AM   #13  
donna p

Morning all. I have been quite busy and not got to the board in a bit. today it is raining and so I am doing inside stuff. We had a fun shower/birthday party for Colleen on sat. and oh so many cute outfits and lots of new babies etc. to hold. It was great. It seems everyone I know is trying to get together for one last time during the summer and I am totally booked this week...and then into the fall schedule. good thing you brought up the goals Cal. I see that I have only lost five of the pounds that I said I would lose. I have to get working on those other 10 right away. Good to hear that so many of you are doing so well. Will check in later....have a great OP day....

------------------
((((hugs to all)))) donna...

15.8+2= 17.8 #'s to go......

Old 08-30-2000, 08:36 AM   #14  
Super Surfer

Hi everybody.
Margot..I looked at my July-Oct goal and I am not maintaining well. I am up!
However, last year at this time I weighed more. I can either beat myself up for being over goal or congratulate myself for weighing less than last year...So I am going for the latter. Nothing official yet, but I will go to WW Sept 5.
Geri..The daily blessing brought a tear to my eye.
Texas was on the news here, they showed the drought conditions. That is too hot! I was complaining about our summer, we had 110 hrs less sunshine from June to end of Aug., more rain and cool temp. I guess it is Global Warming.
I am really sorry you have such X-DIL problems, this cannot be good for your health and well being. You take care.
Donna..sounds like you are having a busy, but very happy time..ENJOY!
Lily & Slavika..I like Tom Hanks, too so I think I will take a chance on the movie.
gAnne..where are you? How are you?..come back!

I had a good day today, slept well last night, the sun was shining today, stayed OP all day, had a great time with my friends, & hubby vacuumed the house ..no complaints here. Have a good day OP on Wednesday and I will look back later to see who showed up.

[This message has been edited by Trudy (edited 08-29-2000).]
Old 08-30-2000, 09:30 AM   #15  

Hi Everyone, I am new to this site.Slavika told me I might enjoy this one. I am having a bit of a time staying op and I really need some encouraging words. I thought I would go back on the Exchange program, but after hearing from Slavika, I think I will stick with the 123 program. If anyone out there has any suggestions on how to stay motivated, I sure would appreciate hearing from you. I love this web page. It is so much nicer than the Weight Watchers one. You all sound so friendly, and it sure sounds like you have a good time. Hope I can fit in with you. I am 57, so I guess that helps, right? Hoping to hear from you all!! Countrygal
Closed Thread