Old 11-03-2005, 02:54 AM   #1  

Default Anybody else here trying a liquid diet

Hi everybody!! I hope i'm in the right "club". I need to lose 120 pounds (hope the hundred pound club doesn't mean you weight in the 100's).

I am preparing to start on the Medifast plan. While I'm waiting for my order to arrive I have been using the low carb Slim Fast shakes and eating one "lean and green" meal at night. I'm hoping to be in ketosis by time I actually start medifast.

Is anybody else here doing optifast, hmr, medifast, etc........I'm trying to learn all I can to stay motivated and keep me on track.
jujubeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:25 AM   #2  
Big Ol' loser

I can't think of anyone that is.
I have done one before but only lasted 3 days before I started feeling like I was gonna faint all the time.

I wasn't able to eat any solids- are you going to be able to eat at night?
You have to be very disciplined.
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:37 AM   #3  
One pound at a time...

Jujubeee! You are in the right place, as most people here have to lose a 100 lbs or more. Everyone here is on different plans, and offer support, advice and all sorts. Post often so we can get to know you!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:43 AM   #4  

Well I'm on day 3 now. I feeling kind of yucky from all the water and I'm fighting a caffeine withdrawl headach from giving up the Pepsi. I used to drink absolutely nothing at all but Pepsi. I mean not so much as a sip of water or any other beverage throughout the day. Could never make the change to diet either.....

My medifast food should be here today so I can get off the nasty low carb slim fast.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'm not on a liquid diet, but just had to comment on your adorable pug!!!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:43 AM   #6  
Big Ol' loser

Maybe you should ween yourself off the caffeine?
I have that if I just cut it out of my diet. I had a really bad headache this last time. My dr actually told me to get some caffeine.

The medifast has soups and stuff right? I went to a dr. and did it. It was like packets I added water too. Is it the same? Also are you eating at night? or is that just with slim fast that you are doing that?

Make sure to post so we can help through the tough times. I'm sorry if I didn't seem supportive. It sounds like you are ready to get going though! Good Luck!
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I've never tried it before but I was successful with Slimfast. Just not something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Good luck with it. Feel free to post on any of our threads or start more of your own.
Oh and
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:28 PM   #8  
Downsizing Dee!

Hi Jujubee - welcome to the group. I've never done a liquid diet so I don't think I can offer anything in that department for you. But if you need support...I'm here.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:01 PM   #9  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Just wanted to say and it's great to have you here!!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #10  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Jujubee - I actually looked into this a month ago when I met a guy who lost like 70 pounds on it. There is a LiveJournal support group with some great people that might be able to answer questions for you. Please let me know how it goes. I'm amazed at the results of some people.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:18 PM   #11  

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I actually just received my kit today so I'll be having my first Medifast shake in about an hour. I sure hope they're better than the slimfast.

I have actually been taking an occasional caffeine pill to help wean me but I'm guessing it's not enough. I know it's not as bad as it has been in the past so I guess it's helping somewhat. Hopefully just a couple more days and I'll be clean..

Wylenn: Thank you, my pug is a beauty....and very photogenic!! I actually have a pug, a beagle and a maltese. I feel guilty only putting her picture up. I figured I would rotate every month or so. Is yours a mama and baby?
Old 11-03-2005, 09:31 PM   #12  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Good luck on your journey. Call me stupid but, what is Medifast?
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Jujubee -- I think rotating the pictures sounds like a good idea. Mine are not mama and baby, but 2 unrelated boys. They are our tragic "twins": Othello and Hamlet
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:09 PM   #14  

Scarlet Drawl: The Medifast plan I am on is where you have either their shakes, soup, oatmeal, drinks or bars for 5 meals a day. Then you have a "lean and green" meal consisting of about 7oz of meat and a green salad or a cup of green veggies. I believe it's supposed to be about 1000 cals a day and is very low carb so you actually go into ketosis. I'm hoping this will work for me because I have trouble eating food I don't like, and unfortunately I like very little healthy food. I can easily drink down a shake though, even if I don't like it. You're actually eating about every 3 hours so hopefully you don't get hungry. I've been using low carb slim fast until I received my food from medifast. Just got it today!!!! So far I've had the chicken noodle soup and it wasn't too bad.

Wyllen: Your boys are adorable. Aren't pugs the best!! You can never be down when you're around them. I'm truly blessed that all 3 of my girls have very sweet dispositions and silly personalities but I must admit, none of them are as loving as my little pugger.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:58 AM   #15  
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Default So what's your progress?

I ordered Medifast yesterday. I've been debating because of the $$, but I got like $75 off of a month's supply so I went ahead and purchased.

I'm going nuts waiting!

I see that you started about 11/03/05.

Have you had success?
mcz1970 is offline   Reply With Quote