Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 01:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Default Thinking about WW at home/online

I was looking at the weight watcher's website and was considering the online package.

My mother is doing WW and going to meetings and she has lost 25 pounds already!

I have been eating healthier (or so I thought) for months and havent lost that much so I contemplated doing WW too.

Hers is at her work and it is not feasible for her to drive 30 mins home to get me,.. 30 mins back and then 30 mins to get home and I am just not too into the whole meeting scene anyways.

Hubby asked me a good question though.. he says "what are you paying for,.. as in, "what's the benefits to paying 16.95 a month?"

I guess I was wanting to know that myself :-)
Old 11-01-2005, 02:29 PM   #2  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

Default Same Boat

I have been contemplating the same thing. Any info, positive or negative, welcome! I read the description of WW online and it seems that it would play a very similiar role as this website does in my journey, and this is free. But I don't post often and am prone to getting side-tracked on my diet.... what to do, what to do.

~jess~
Old 11-01-2005, 02:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Smile WW at Home

I am doing the at home program and it is going great! I come to 3fc and read the postings and use friends and family for support. I felt the $126 for materials was great and I sure didn't feel like it was feasable to spen the money for the online program. There are so many resources online (other websites too) that I saved bunches by doing it this way.
Good Luck to all.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:43 PM   #4  

So, what does the materials kit include,..

126 was way more than I was looking to spend though.

It might be a waste, since I am on sodium restriction and I have a feeling that whatever eating plan WW has will not work with low sodium.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:02 PM   #5  

Default at home kit

All the info is on there web site:
http://www.weightwatchers.com/Templa...mepid=1009041&

I feel it is so worth it considering all you get. If I went to meetings at $12 each I would spend that in 10 weeks.

My fiance is on kidney dialysis so everything I cook is low or no sodium and it works just fine.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:24 PM   #6  

OK, mom said she could get me a kit at her meeting for much less than the WW site is charging but she said it would not include a tracker that figures points from food because that comes at the first meeting?

I am so confused now.. how the heck am I supposed to get that??
Old 11-01-2005, 10:17 PM   #7  

She probably can get you the stuff at a meeting. You wouldn't get it all but you could get what you need.
Not sure what she means by a tracker.
All you really need are the points finder slide and a notebook to journal your food in. The Food Companion would also be helpful. She sould be able to get you the getting started book as well.

Good luck!!
Old 11-02-2005, 02:37 PM   #8  

yeah, i think the slider is the tracker thing she is referring to ..hmm
Old 11-05-2005, 07:25 PM   #9  

Angry

I don't think WW is going to work for me at all.

There are very few foods that my low sodium diet allows that I actually like and acording to WW, pasta=4 points, raisins=2, applesauce=2, shredded wheat=3..

get real..lol

If I followed WW, I would just be sitting here in the middle of the floor eating rice cakes all day
Old 11-05-2005, 08:16 PM   #10  
banned

your mom can get you the materials for 10 dollars so u may wanna ask her
Old 11-09-2005, 12:32 PM   #11  

Default Hi, regarding ww at home

Hello, gosh I haven't been around in ages. I started ww at home. I had a slide and a notebook. Then I ordered a ww calculator off of ebay. Its okay but just about the same thing. The big thing that I am learning it about portions. I already had a food scale. You will be surprised at what a true portion is. Honestly at first I thought I would die from lack of food. But after a few weeks, it becomes like a game. I am doing my husband with him. I appeal to his senses. Would you like the small bag of chips for 4 points or would you like a large bag of popcorn? He makes the wiser choices. I do find though that it is very slow. But thats okay too.. I didnt put it on in a day so I am sure it wont come off that way.
Well i wish you luck, and myself. It all about a serious life change
ms louise
Old 11-10-2005, 07:00 AM   #12  

If you join the on line program you don't need sliders (?) points trackers or a notebook - they have your own personal journal on line that you keep track of your points with and a database with just about every food you could eat. They also have a point calculator for figuring out the foods of everything you eat - just look on the box put in the calories, fat grams and fibre and away you go. It sounds hard but once you get rolling its very easy. Most people tend to eat the same foods so the points for certain foods just become automatic. As for low sodium, I really don't see how that would be a problem. You just calculate the points of your favourite foods. Also because your mom is on WW she could help you get started with the basics of the WW program. Before joining keep a journal of everything you eat for a few days then get your mom to just help you figure out the points value for these few days. I know that journalizing is the only way that keeps me on track and motivated. This is my second time around and the only reason I did not keep off all the weight is because I stopped journalizing. Nibble here and a Nibble there and all of a sudden your butt is the size of New York! Good Luck in whatever you decide to do. Remember this is for you and sometimes we forget to do something selfish for ourselves!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:15 AM   #13  

I do WW online. I can't get to the meetings on a regular basis because hubby has an unpredictable work schedule and I've no one else to watch the kids. I've really been considering stopping the online program and just doing it on my own, but like entering the information in their form online. It's much easier for me than figuring the points on my own. That being said, I know lots of people who do it on their own and are losing weight successfully. There's lots of information out there, keep looking and I'm sure you'll find what you need to know.

I find that I like WW more than any other program I've tried. In the past I've had a short attention span for most diets, but this is one I can see myself following for the long haul. It's really flexible so you don't get bored. And you can eat the foods you like, but I've noticed that I've been encouraged to find newer, healthier foods, too.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:07 PM   #14  

I too have been considering doing the online program as well. Thanks for all the input , pros,and cons of it. I am leaning toward getting it. It will be easier for me to enter my info now that I have a new gateway notebook. I like that the pts are calcuted already for most foods that I would eat.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:03 PM   #15  

Question Online vs. at home

Newbie here....For anyone using the WWonline, are the benefits of using the online program worth paying for? I have the books outlining how the program works. I guess my question about the online benefits is if using the flex plan, do you really get more ideas and info for recipes and things like that? I am very up in the air about how to go about this. Need some guidence.

SW 194
CW 194
GW 140
Goal for May 13th (wedding date) at least 150 if not my 140!
Closed Thread