View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 11:01 AM   #5
chrily
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

My ears are plugged an my head is packed. Woo Hoo. That's okay. Hopefully it won't last too long.

Today I have parent-teacher conferences to go to. They both look like they are doing good, but Tiana is still struggling with her tests. The girl can get A's and B's on her homework but every test she has taken so far this year, she has flunked, not even a high F...we're talking like 27% and 17%. It's such a losing battle. I had her tested before to receive help but her scores weren't low enough. She was way below the average but was like 3 points off from getting the help she needs. I can't afford a tutor and I don't know what to do. I'm hoping I can figure something out with her teacher. In 4th grade, after all the testing for getting assistance at school, they let her take her tests in a seperate room from the rest of the class. It seems to help her if she can read the questions out loud.

Sorry for not getting personal. I have to get busy with my homework. I have 3 tests this week, and 22 more assignments to do for my computer class, and 1 paper to write. Busy busy busy.

Carly-good luck with the house selling. I need to go shopping too. I need to get more healthy stuff for me to eat around here too.

Crystal-Enjoy your time shopping. I know its not very often you get a break. I don't know how you do it with 4 little ones. I struggle with my 3. We are taking a parenting class at church right now. Hopefully I can start changing some things around here with it.

~chris

You must act as if it is impossible to fail.
~Ashanti Proverb
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote