Old 11-01-2005, 04:08 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #32

Welcome to the November edition of our Weighty Issues thread. We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out across the U.S. from the east coast to the west Check us out here! . We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, come on in, grab chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:26 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

OK so Halloween was fun. I love the innocence of youth and just watching the kids dress up as their favorite characters and stuff. Michael looked cool in his "Phoenix Ninja" costume (trying to resize some pics to post). My neighborhood kinda sucks for trick or treating since it's an older one and most people my age with little kids have moved out. Now it's mostly elderly people who keep their porch lights off and shut the doors . Still, there were enough houses as we rounded the block to give Mikey a nice haul of goodies. I think with the current climate of crime and everything, a lot of people are choosing to go to organized functions like trick or treating at malls or other places. Yeah, I know it's safer and everything, but to me it's just not "real"... anyway, we had fun and a little exercise tramping around the neighborhood.

Angie, oh man, "officially old"? You CAN'T be that--because I'm older than you Your kids are growing up quick, lucky you! You'll be free of them soon Just kidding. Glad you're feeling better.

Julie, how'd your kids fare? Do you guys have a fairly young neighborhood that a lot of kids pass thru?

Cherie, how about you and your girls? I bet they had a lot of fun in a new neighborhood going door to door.

Cal, did you get pics of Ashley as Jasmine (I know you did). Does your pooch go trick or treating with her? We dressed up Lucky (our not-so-little-anymore Pup) in her pink Isaac Mizrahi polo shirt with a matching pink flowered collar with rhinestones and took her around with us.

Kempy & Dips, did you guys do any celebrating? Any alcohol involved? I have to live vicariously thru you guys since I'm such a social dud...

Anywho, I've got to get some bills paid and statements sent out. Have a good one!
Old 11-01-2005, 04:29 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

Here's some pics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Heineken pumpkin.jpg (21.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Mike Ninja.jpg (38.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Mike Ninja smile.jpg (19.9 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 11-01-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:29 PM   #4  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey a new thread ...why didnt I think of that? Thanks Noelle where would we be without you?

Where is everyone today...coming down off a Halloween hangover. I didnt eat any candy yesterday because I was too sick. Jay did a number on the Laffy Taffy though. Him and the kids ate a ton of it.

Not much happening here today.

Come out and play!!!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:31 PM   #5  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, Where is the pumpkin?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:39 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

Sorry....a little slow on the uptake. When my friend fixed up my computer he did away with the software I'm used to for resizing my pics. They should show up now.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:48 PM   #7  
so close, yet so far...

I had to show you guys the jack-o-lantern I carved. Not much skill with the carving but what I thought was funny were the rubber bouncy ball eyes ...and if you look closely, there are the two mini-pumpkins that Michael and I painted. Guess who did what...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jack o lantern.jpg (23.4 KB, 34 views)
Old 11-02-2005, 12:40 PM   #8  

Hi Girls

Noelle CUTE pics! We had a nice time on Halloween. No rain and it wasn't too cold. The kids got tons of candy. They went to more houses this year than last year. I was tired by the end. I saw older kids without mom and dad and I thought to myself before I know it they will be embarrassed to be seen with us so I better enjoy it .

How are you feeling Angie? Get well!

Sorry I have not been around to much. I just have not been feeling well. I have this mouth pain that three doctors can't figure out what it is. I was on antibiotics and nothing....now steriods which aren't really helping either. They are just making me feel blah. So this afternoon I am back to the dentist again. I am just in pain all the time. Sorry to complain but I wanted you guys to know why I have not been writing so much. I made some homemade pea soup and rolls last night. It was so good. It was a nice fall dinner. Anyway sweethearts I will check back later on. Have a great day everyone
Hi Kempy, Cal, Cherie, Dips and Holly too
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:07 PM   #9  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

hi guys. How is everyone today. Good I hope. I am having in law problems. They are so mean and I just cant take them anymore. They say things that are untrue just to hurt us I think. I am so sick of dealing with them. 17 years of my life I have been putting up with them and I think I am about done dealing with them all together.

On the plus side I went to get my eyes checked this morning. Gonna get some new contacts. That is about it for me today.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:54 AM   #10  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello My Girls!!

OH my goodness! I just did 80 push-ups (not straigt through 2 sets of 30 then 1 set of 20) And I am trembling something awefull. I can barely type.

Noelle- No partying for me I had to do homework. I so wanted to go to the parade though I heard it was Jumpin'. So sorry, you won't get much vicarious action through me. Tomorrow is a different story though, I am partying hard for my b-day! My last full day as a 23 year old , wow where does time go? Anyway, your kid is truely a heart breaker. Just the cutest little ninja in creation. He gets it from his mommy without a doubt

Angie- I feel your pain with the in-laws. That was the core reason for my break-up with my ex fiance. His mother couldn't stand me and the feeling was mutual. I can't really give you any advise seeing how I let it destroy my relationship but I can definately offer sympathy.

J- My poor dear, I hope you figure out what's bothering you and get it talken care of

Okay Im going to tremble to death, I need to stretch more.

TTYL
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone.. what day is this????? I think I am finally caught up with most of my work here... and I can take a break and check in with you gals!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...8AYt2TNu3cNGIz

There is a link to the girls Halloween pictures... as you can see by the amount of candy... they had a GREAT time. By the end.. both were saying their bags were too heavy to carry. Perfect sign that they got way more than enough. We were only out for an hour.. but I think they were scamming everyone into giving them two and three and four pieces!

Now to bore you with my vacation pictures. There are a lot of them, and I didn't caption them, so you will probably get bored. Sorry. Last Thursday, in Roatan, Honduras I got bit all over my back and shoulders by something. We think it could be sand mites.. well, I STILL have the blasted bites, and now they are raised and itching like crazy! Great Vacation souvenier.

Noelle.... Michael is soooooo HANDSOME!!! Oh my goodness... what a beautiful boy! I am glad he had a great time.. and I love all of your pumpkins!

Julie... I hope you find out soon what is wrong and start feeling better. Glad your kiddos had a great time on Halloween.

Angie I'm sorry about the inlaws.... sometimes its just easier to write them off and not stress over them.

Dips... wtg on the pushups!!!!! woo hoo.. you go!

Well, tomorrow is Hannah's 8th birthday. I can't believe she is getting so old. Yesterday, we went to the orthodontist to have spacers put inbetween her back teeth. Next week they will take molds and then the week after that, she will get an appliance fitted, with a thumb sucking reminder. I can't seem to break her of that habit. It looks like I'll be getting braces soon too.... I'll have my first appointment then to see what needs to be done for my teeth.

Tonight, Hannah and I are going to make the No Bake Cookies for her class. She wants 40 of them so everyone can have two.. plus she wants apple juice. Tomorrow evening, I am taking her and three of her friends (plus Megan) to Incredible Pizza. Afterwards, one of them will spend the night with her. Her very first sleep over. I hope she has fun. Sunday... we are going rollerskating. All in all, it should be a great weekend.

Oh.. on the 1st.. I started back on my diet. After seeing some of my pictures (the ones that Alan took that are not posted) full length, I am ashamed of myself.. so I've found my motivation and have started back. I just need to order a huge picture of that and post them everywhere in my house to remind me NOT to eat. Oh.. and while I was gone, my digital scale that I ordered (food scale) came in. I cannot believe how off I was in measuring my food. No wonder I couldn't lose weight.

OK.. well, I better get back to work.. I just wanted to say hello to everyone!!!!

Talk to you guys later!

Cherie

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...8AYt2TNu3cNGJE
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:34 PM   #12  

Hi Girls

Cherie, great pictures! You are such a pretty woman. The black dress is beautiful. Alan must have been so proud to show you off! The girls look adorable. My dd just walked by the computer and said I want a dress like that, LOL. My dd is still sucking her thumb. I remind her during the day but when she is sleeping it is in. Happy Birthday sweet Hannah

Dips go girl with the push ups. I can do the girl style ones but I don't think I could do the real ones 5 times.

Angie so sorry the in-laws are being a pain. Do you think you should just come out and say something to them or leave it alone? Good luck with that. And congrats on the new contacts. That reminds me I have to re-order some.

Noelle I hope you are having a nice day....anything planned for the weekend?

Kempy where have ya been? I hope all is well. Busy with those puppies!

Hi Cal. Hope the students are being good for you

Hi Holly.

I am in the process of cleaning out my basement. I can't believe the stuff I keep. I have to stop being so sentimental about things and just get rid of them, but it is hard. I found a couple of new shirts from last christmas I got in a christmas box from my mil and washed them up. That was a nice surprise. She was probally wondering why she has not seen me in them. LOL
Anyway I don't even recognize myself in the mirror my face is so swollen from the steriod I am one. I can't wait to be done with the dumb things. I feel so ugly!

Have a great rest of the day everyone.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:38 PM   #13  

Cherie, I wanted to ask you are you back on South Beach? My brother and sil are coming in from California and I wanted to be ten pounds lighter by now. Oh well just move on and keep going. Btw would you or anyone like to do a weekely challenge like getting in water for the day or something else? It might be a way to keep each other on track! Just a thought girls, bye for now
Old 11-03-2005, 06:58 PM   #14  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hello there people. Remember me? I used to post here a long time again. Wondering if there's room for me again. I'm looking for an active thread, one where I know someone's going to be posting. I've been busy on the 21-day challenge thread but sometimes just want a another place to go... whaddya say?
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:58 PM   #15  

Hi Red, Jump on in

Good Night Everyone, Happy Friday!