Old 10-31-2005, 03:06 PM   #1  

Default Week at a Time Challenge #19 - Come Join Us!

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:12 AM   #2  

Default Tuesday Morning Greetings!

Hi My Lovely Ladies - Quickie post to start our week out with last week's kudos - a for each day of goals completed and posted!

TamLynne

Sandy and a for 2lbs lost for the week!

Carla

Bonnie and a for 2lbs lost for the week!

Casper

And our big winner for the week with 5 days of goals made and posted . . .

FishWoman

Last week Bonnie summarized her weight loss journey. She said " I went from 234 to 189 over a period of one year; but since mid-June, I have gained about ten pounds back, and am battling to re-lose that, then lose the next 30 or so!!! What's happening with you guys in that department???"

Did we answer? Let's start the week off with an update about our recent weight loss. Where did you begin, how far have you come? And what do you need to change?

mscat-
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
Old 11-01-2005, 12:31 PM   #3  

Mscat, thanks for the suggestion. Maybe it will help us refocus on our true goals.

Carla's weight loss journey: May 94: graduated WW at 135 lbs, started dating B and reintroduced a lot of "taboo" foods - love is fattening! August 98: married B at 165 lbs - while training for a half marathon. May 2003: hit 185 in an increasingly silent marriage; marriage ended very badly and unhappily; stopped eating. October 2003: weighed in at 160, but had started eating again. May 2004: discovered I had self-medicated my way to 200. Jan 2005: peaked at about 216. June 2005: joined 3fc and found a world of lovely, supportive, funny women. Today: stuck around 200, mainly because of self-indulgence... Once again emotionally stable (or as stable as this fc is likely to get ) and trying to find balance and sanity in all parts of my life.

So that's the story. I could go further back to the time I joined WW 30 years ago because I had "ballooned" up to 142....

Right now I think I've unintentionally stopped trying to lose weight and have started using 3fc more for socializing. My goal is to blend the two again, and do what it takes to get down to a healthier weight. Even more important, to get back to the days of hiking and biking and running. But not today. I'm off program for the rest of the week, and intend to be back with a vengeance on Monday next.

Meanwhile, I'll be lurking and posting and reading about your own weight loss journeys.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:24 PM   #4  

Hi! Everybody
Mascat I am very sorry to hear about your grandma but you r lucky to be with her in her last moment, I am worried about my Dad hope I too will be able to meet him........ its not very easy for me to go as per visa etc.......God give you strength to bear with the loss....
As per the weight loss journey I have been able to shed 14 pounds since feb 05 and that is awsome ........
I came to know about this website through a success story on ediets and since then I have logged in here and I love it you all are so supportive........I am glad to be here.
This weeks goals are to go walking at 6 everyevening I will try running too but I am taking it slowly........
Did 50 mts of ex already.......
2 cups water.....till now
cheers to everybody.......
sandybhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #5  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Default Day 1

Hi everyone!

Mind if I join? I just committed to forming a new habit, so I thought that challenging myself to keep it up for a week would be a good way to start forming that habit. I am part of another challenge group (Chicks Up For A Challenge forum --> JUST DO IT (formerly Habit Formers)), so if any of you are looking for a personal-stories-type group, we welcome newcomers, and we just started a new challenge.

For this challenge, I will limit myself to one serving of junk food per day. I am good at portion control, but too often I eat junk food, which has a lot of calories, instead of nutritious food, so cutting the amount of junk I eat should lead to eating fewer calories and losing weight more quickly.

Here's to Day 1.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:38 PM   #6  
I like jewelry.

Default Day 2

Thank you for the welcome.

Day 1 was successful, but hard. I had to pass up several treats that my husband offered, plus I had an emotional craving for a restaurant meal. But I made it through.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:56 PM   #7  
Cynical RedHead

Hi everyone.

I have been home sick the past few days. I guess for this week's challenge I will stick with no alcohol. I didn't have any drinks monday or tuesday (except for Nyquil ). I will catch up with everyone in a little while.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 03:37 PM   #8  
Wishon a star

Hi all!

I got lost after week #16....couldn't find #17. Been keeping up with all of you the last couple of weeks and thought I better get back to working on some challenges.

When I left, my challenge was to walk at work on my morning break. I made it the first two days (Thurs & Fri) and slumped from there. I was a third wheel in an established twosome and I just didn't fit in like I had hoped.

So this past Monday I decided to take off on my own. I walked maybe a 1/2 mile on my first break. It was so hot, I didn't attempt walking on my afternoon break.

Tuesday I wore my pedometer and logged 4,011 steps! Still didn't walk in the afternoon as the "High" over Southern California was still in play.

Today.....I forgot my pedometer (oh drats!), but figured I walked at least 1 mile this morning. The cul-de-sac I walk is about the size of the track around a football field; 1/4 mile around each time, in my estimation. The "High" has turned into a "Low" with temps in the mid 70's, so I plan on walking again this afternoon!!!

Glad to be back, ladies!!!
1of3Wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #9  

Hi everybody logged in to tell its my Birthday today so I let myself have some goodies.
ex is as usual 50 mts and will definetly go walking...
so long girls
enjly
Old 11-02-2005, 08:04 PM   #10  

Default Wednesday Greetings

Hi Ladies -
What a day - Stayed home from work today. Headache and just too tired, from the emotional time with my family. But I was blessed to be able to watch the all day coverage of the funeral of Rosa Parks. All I can say is "Wow." What a legacy.

My weight loss journey has been long. I topped 240 when I joined 3fc two years ago. I have been as low as 219 but yo-yo'd back and forth. When I started this thread in June I got down again to 222. Now I am back up to 240 again! (Gained 10 lbs on my visit home!).

Happy Birthday Sandy! Have a great Day!

1of3wishes back! for Monday,Tuesday, and Wednesday's challenges.

Fishwoman for Monday and Tuesday challenge. Hope you are feeling better soon.

TB and for Monday and Tuesday!

carla - We love to socialize with you but use us for kicking you into action too! Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Have a great night!

mscat-
Old 11-03-2005, 09:09 AM   #11  

Hi! Everybody wow! Thanks so much Bonniebelle & mscat for the Birthday wishes . My DH came home very quiet yestrday he had accidently invited a guy for dinner so I had to cook well it was only one person so did it very fast and then that guy did'nt turned in for dinner so we ate it and then we went out for some ice cream so that was it. Another year gone........ Now I am back to challenges....... My highest weight was 170 pounds and I was happy at that until all my size 14 clothes began to tighten till I can no longer wear them I bought some sz 16 clothes but I was getting tired of buying bigger sizes it was then I decided I will buy no more and wear the clothes I had till I started fitting into them now I am a size less and easily fit in size 12 and my size 14 clothes have become better looking on me as they r loose and perfect for these winters.
This week challenge of walking could not be accomplished yesterday........but did my ex.. which I am going to do now........ so bye girls will catch with you later........
Old 11-03-2005, 10:12 AM   #12  
Cynical RedHead

Good morning all! Yesterday was day 3 with no alcohol.

Happy belated Birthday Sandy! It sounds as if you had a great time!

MsCat - I hope you are feeling better today!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:20 AM   #13  

Belated birthday greetings, Sandy. And congrats on the comfy pant fit. Colour me jealous!

Mscat, just remember those 10 pounds aren't all permanent. I'm willing to bet once the sugar and salt and fat have been leached out and diluted with gallons of water, you'll find it's more like two pounds up. And since you're such a good person, maybe only one

I'm still on diet hiatus, but it's getting old. Ah, yes, even overindulgence wears thin after a while.

Three wishes, glad to see you back.

Bonnie, keep up the good work. You're still in onederland, maybe soon to be ine one-ninety-world?

TBJ333, welcome, and good luck with the treats. A tough challenge, I think.

Fish, get well soon! And congrats on being alcohol-free. ("Hi. My name is Fish, and this is my third day of sobriety..." )

TTFN!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:19 PM   #14  
I like jewelry.

Default Day 3

I messed up yesterday. Ah well, five more days left in the week to do better.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:36 PM   #15  

Hey, TBJ, that's the attitude to have! Congrats on the positive outlook.